Mon. 1/12 vs. Cav's - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:04 pm

Image 79
Image 89

Final

Great game by our roleplayers-- Slava and Cook stepped up big time without Shaq, Kobe or Karl.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:05 pm

our lakers win.. well not the normal lakers.. lol. but our team showed great things tonight. our roleplayers.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:05 pm

Devean gets the player of the game in my book. Huge game on the boards for him.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:06 pm

yeah or... slava/cook co-players of the game.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby whats golden on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:06 pm

Cook = Image

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby whats golden on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:08 pm

Great game for the role players. 6 players in double figures, Fish with 9. We dug deep and pulled out a very ugly win.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:09 pm

Yeah, George had all the key rebounds this game, and in my opinion, Cook had some huge shots in that comeback surge for the Lakers.

This will be good for the team to play to their depth's full potential - keep it up boys!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:09 pm

payton-13 points, 6 turnovers, 5-22 from the field
    Cook-13 points, 6 rebounds
    George-12 points & 12 boards (6 off.)
    Slava-11 points & 8 rebounds (6 off.)
    Rush-10 points
    Kobe-10 points, 5 rebounds, in 17 minutes
    Fisher-9 points & 5 rebounds
    Grant-6 points & 9 rebounds
    Russell-3 points
    Sampson-2 points & 5 rebounds
    Walton-DNP
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:10 pm

Play of the game - Cook's steal and jumper. That was huge... I'll be posting that Kobe injury video soon...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Scoopaa on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:11 pm

WE WORKED :boxing1: HARDDDDDDDDDDDDDD FOR THIS ONE AND THEN LOSING KOBE!!! GOOOOOOOO BRIAN COOK!!! GOOOOOOOO SLAVA!!!! :jam2:
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt..."

Robert De Niro...'Ronin'
Scoopaa

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:13 pm

CONFIDENCE....

all i have to say is that now our roleplayers know they can win w/o the superstars... even though payton played, he didn't do that well.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby señorita on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:14 pm

and they said our bench sucked :man1: proved them wrong didnt we?? :jam2:
señorita

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:15 pm

I know, senorita! We WILL make it out of that slump we went through.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:16 pm

You forget that Slava and Fisher have the experience. And to now see the rookies and people like Rush come through in the clutch is very relieving and exciting to see. We're definetly going to become better than we ever possibly could this season because of the injuries.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby wongy on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:25 pm

:man3: Anyone know the extent of Kobe's injury?? Is he gonna be out any games?? :man4:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:29 pm

wongy wrote::man3: Anyone know the extent of Kobe's injury?? Is he gonna be out any games?? :man4:

There has been no information released about this yet. Make sure to check on in the DAILY for any breaking news we may get.

You can also goto the official Kobe Bryant injury thread by clicking the link below.

CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL KOBE BRYANT INJURY THREAD
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby mo' betta blue on Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:58 pm

Yes! A good all around effort from the bench. I'm happy with this win! I saw a lot of hustle, rebounding, and solid defense from the lakers. Cook played well. He can hit that midrange jumper. A good positional defender. Rush too had a good game. I'm beginning to believe in Rush, Cook, and Slava. Devean had a good night with a double double. He got some key rebounds. There's more to basketball than scoring points (i.e. rebounds). If Devean gets only 6 points but gets 11 or more rebounds and plays good defense. I can say he had a good game.
Is it me or did TNT become the Lebron Hype Network? Lebron this.... and Lebron that.... See Lebron chew his nails. Kobe is a tough customer who showed some heart by trying to play with one arm. Please no more injuries. We now have a one armed Kobe, one legged Shaq, and one legged Malone. The Lakers will be playing the majority of their games on the road.
mo' betta blue

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:17 pm

For those who missed Kobe's injury:

Kobe injures his shoulder! Click here to watch! **MUST SEE!!**

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby wongy on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:40 pm

:disagree: Horace, Fisher, Russell and Slava all had poor shooting nites and still won.. fortunate..
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:48 pm

Glad we won it, but Kobe got hurt! :man6: But I'm an optimist. Everyone will heal (including Fox), and our bench will be stronger from the experience! Go Lakers! :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:05 am

hey guys i JUST got back from tha game...

man what an amazing experience...to see lebron bein guarded by kobe...man that was somethin to see...i'll tell u what us fans were confused THROUGH OUT tha game of where kobe is and how hes doin...i finally saw cheryl miller walkin and i yelled "cheryl hows kobe?" and she said "NOT GOOD"....so tahst all we knew...

but man i'll tell u one thing...RUSH AND COOK SHOULD START....those guys are REALLY comin up big for us...PAYTON sucked soooooooo bad...he was what 5-30? haha well maybe not that bad but he missed almost everything...hes definetly not tha same GP...when he needed to step up he didnt....it was actually guys like cook rush fisher slava and GEORGE who STEPPED UP tonight...and also played some hard nosed defense...over tha last 2 games we've allowed 73.0 ppg....thats pretty good but its been against 2 crapy eastern conference teams...

we are gonna need KOBE for wednesdays game...if we dont have kobe shaq AND malone..we will LOSE and we will lose BAD

other notes from tha game...luke walton did NOT play...much to tha dismay of fans...Grant ended up playin despite speculation he wasnt...JAMAL SAMPSON played very good and he almost had a huge throw down...Devean George had a great comeback game after a cuple of games where he struggled...Fisher needs to stop doin one on one moves...Rush needs to do more of that cuz he took lebron to tha hole a couple of times...fans are starting to like RUSH and COOK alot more...they both got standing O's when they entered and left tha games...it was my birthday today and my dad surprised me by takin me to see tha laker girls cuz he actually knows one of them and i got a couple of pictures with them and maybe i'll post em here at CL...man what a night!
FabFourLakers

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight