Mon. 11/10 vs. Griz's - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:45 pm

KObe aint doing as well as i hoped

he had only 19 points, 5-15 shooting, five assists, four rebounds, SIX TURNOVERS in 33 minutes

he needs to try to do less, and allow shaq, malone, and payton do it until he gets his rythm back

hes undergoin so much right now, i think shaqs comment made A LOTTA sense, and that kobe and the media shouldnt have reacted the way they did

but once kobe gets back into shape....i dont care what anybody does, hed rape their team

yea hes a rapist, a rapist who rapes basketball teams, not women

yall dont get me wrong, im the HUGEST kobe fan there can be, but right now, hes trying to do too much
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:48 pm

well at least we still ahve the top record amongst the "BIG FOUR" in the west

but damn, pacers are on a roll, and so is utah

those two are the onle ones we are behind, which is NOT a good sign

we NEED to step it up
shaqpak34

Postby Bryon Russell on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:49 pm

LORENZEN WRIGHT shot the lights out...did Shaq take a vacation?

even underachiever Tsakalidis did better than what was expected by big white Euros....
I wish the Nuggets would trade places with the Lakers. Denver is awful.

thanks my Long Beach coach...high trajectories.
I really don't like Denver. Get me out of hell.
Bryon Russell

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:50 pm

Stats
Kobe...he had 19 points, 5 dimes, 6 turnovers, and 5-15 from the field
Malone-13 points, 9 rebounds, 6 turnovers, 5-10 shooting
George-17 points, 6 rebounds
Shaq-20 points, 12 rebounds

Well it looks like we got our turnovers down pat
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SWOL on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:51 pm

CANCELL CHRISTMAS
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:52 pm

jsut and ugly game overall

JSM, did u watch it live or something?...i had to rely on ESPN and NBA.com game updates :man5:
shaqpak34

Postby wongy on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:53 pm

: :mad1: : Do we need to say it again!?? Compare the BENCH SCORING!!!! :mad1:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:54 pm

ya fo sho, the bench is horrible

trade russell and grant
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:56 pm

or release em at least

or DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM!

THEY NEED TO PLAY TO THEIR POTENTIAL

NONE OF THE LAKER PLAYERS ARE PLAYING AT THE LEVEL THEY ARE CAPABLE OF

AFTER THE DALLAS GAME, THEIR GAMES HAVE ALL DIMINSHED
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:00 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:well at least we still ahve the top record amongst the "BIG FOUR" in the west

but damn, pacers are on a roll, and so is utah

those two are the onle ones we are behind, which is NOT a good sign

we NEED to step it up

well at least im wrong about that

the spurs just beat the jazz 87-78 in duncans return

once again ginobli lighted it up with 18, and duncan had 16 points, 10 reboiunds, and 5 assists

harpring led the jazz with 11 points and seven rebounds while kirilenko dropped 10, and grabbed 5 rebounds as well

our man horry scored 2 points making the only shot he shot in 12 minutes, and blocked three shots
shaqpak34

Postby Vasashi17 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:02 pm

Well...lets look at it this way...besides the Dallas win (without Kobe..may I add) we looked absolutely unconvincing in our wins that followed (getting pushed to the limit by a Golden State team that didn't have 3 of their starters and a San Antonio team that didn't have 2 of their starters). Phoenix took us to the limit in that win and well the Hornets and the Grizzlies pretty much had double digit leads on us for a significant amount of time in our losses.

Face it you guys...besides the season opener, the Lakers have squeezed out wins and quite unimpressively. These two losses have been flat out ugly and our offense is not really set yet...Payton and Malone said it themselves, that they have kinda played through the triangle, trying to run on the fast break so they wouldn't have to set up the triangle. Don't get me started on a team that is supposed to shut people down....Kobe and Payton, the most intimidating backcourt defensively...please!! This is where the problem lies. Shaq has held down the paint, and has to get himself in foul trouble because guards are blowing right by Kobe and Payton to the basket. We are giving up soo many points at the line with stupid fouls that are picked up by either Malone or Shaq because of the oposing guards. We are dead last in the league in defending the 3 point shot. Our perimeter D is just horrendous....that has to be fixed...it must be fixed NOW.

I'm really annoyed, cuz not only do I have 2 midterms this week, the Lakers have 2 losses already in the season. Lets see... we need to give up 9 losses max to beat out the Bulls record of 72-10.....ummm...at this rate we will lose around 22 games this season....60 wins is decent, but by no means an accomplishment by the names we have on our roster. We have to give up only 7 losses in the next 75 games.....I could only imagine how many haters are coming out of the woodwork right now.
Last edited by Vasashi17 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby wongy on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:02 pm

:disagree: Like I stated before, we got HOF's but they're GETTING OLD!! It's even more important that Kupchak realize how important it is that we get a better than average bench to support our older HOF'S.. that's where I wonder about Mitch's managing abilities... anyone know where I can fill in an application?? :man10:
wongy

I strongly agree

Postby shakobe3408 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:15 pm

wongy wrote::disagree: Like I stated before, we got HOF's but they're GETTING OLD!! It's even more important that Kupchak realize how important it is that we get a better than average bench to support our older HOF'S.. that's where I wonder about Mitch's managing abilities... anyone know where I can fill in an application?? :man10:
Their bench is sorry Ho Grant needs to hang them so does Russel Rush needs to be traded along with Pargo. The Lakers need a young athletic power forward coming off the bench ie Stro Swift, Lorenzen Wright or even someone like Ratliff.
shakobe3408

Postby Bryon Russell on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:23 pm

wongy wrote::disagree: Like I stated before, we got HOF's but they're GETTING OLD!! It's even more important that Kupchak realize how important it is that we get a better than average bench to support our older HOF'S.. that's where I wonder about Mitch's managing abilities... anyone know where I can fill in an application?? :man10:

dude..im tired of your bench ish...stick a fork in it, man, we have a bench in Fisher, Walton, Medvedenko,Fox and Rush--and all the other guys are scraps....I really want Sampson back though...the guy is the ish..Wongy, you live in Hawaii, don't you...so it must be hard to see how the Lakers react LIVE in Staples...they really try hard...its not like they're playing for keeps or anything...
I wish the Nuggets would trade places with the Lakers. Denver is awful.

thanks my Long Beach coach...high trajectories.
I really don't like Denver. Get me out of hell.
Bryon Russell

Postby wongy on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:38 pm

:mad1: Hey Russell, it's passive thinking like yours that doesn't get anything or anyone ANYWHERE... Rush? Medvedenko? What have you been watching??? I for one and a lot of fans want RESULTS.. We don't want the season wasted wishing and hoping on "could be's." We want players that CONTRIBUTE NOW!!.... Fish and Walton are ok but please get off the Rush and Medvedenko wagon!!! Talk about no talents!!! :man2:
wongy

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:42 pm

freakin embarasin... :mad1: :mad1:
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby lakerchris2004 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:43 pm

Wongy,

don't call medvedenko a no talent. We are gonna be grateful once he gets back because we won't have to deal with grant as much. Medvedenko has really stepped up since last season. If i'm not mistaken he'll be back on Wed.
"Throw it down son!!!"- Bill Walton
lakerchris2004

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:44 pm

Wow it looks like I actually did waste my time.

Bad moves by Phil to: take out George for Payton in the 4th, and put pressure on Kobe alone to make the Lakers come back at the end.

The defense was just awful and all our players need to break out of the shooting slump they're in.

Our guys are too slow to run with these teams.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:45 pm

And Medvedenko DOES have talent. The kid can shoot and he's an offensive threat. Just wait till we get him and Fox back.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:52 pm

Why the hell did he take Fish and George out?

And Kobe... Pass the ball please...!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:52 pm

i seriusly dunt like the way phil has been coachin...i know he proly dus it for a reason but i dunt like it....y did he only have gary in ther for 27 mins...
o0O kb8 O0o

Postby ELF on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:54 pm

o0O kb8 O0o wrote:i seriusly dunt like the way phil has been coachin...i know he proly dus it for a reason but i dunt like it....y did he only have gary in ther for 27 mins...

When you get a chance look at my post in the Lakers Discussion section and that will explain why. GP doesn't know the offense. That's the short answer.

ELF
ELF

Postby sn33k on Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:31 pm

swolswol wrote:CANCELL CHRISTMAS
Again? :man10:
sn33k

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:03 pm

When we were making our comeback with 5 minutes left, why did Kobe decide to take 8 straight shots?

He could have spread the ball around, George was wide open a few times.

They deserved to lose, their defense is 10 times worse then the Mavs.

I'm fed up.

Postby KoBeLiCiOuS8 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:43 pm

That was the ugliest, laziest bball ive ever seen. Especially with an all star starting team. :disagree:
And Kobe... Pass the ball please...!

yea and without turning it over :mad1:
That was just sad
"It's easy for you to talk, because you don't have to guard me."
--KoBe BryAnT--
KoBeLiCiOuS8

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight