Mon. 11/10 vs. Griz's - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby wongy on Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:02 pm

:man10: Ok gang, all our frustrations have been let out.. let's just hope for the best when they play Toronto... :man13:
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:43 pm

WTF is this? every time i dont watch tha lakers, they lose? Im glad i misssed this game...atleast i didtn waste my time watching it...from now on, im watchin every laker game, every time i miss it, they f*cking lose! And why did payton play on 26 minutes?

Well lets move on, a loss is a loss, we're gonna be seein more of these, good to get a couple of losses now...i bet theres gonna be lots of "trade him!" or "is phil good enuff to coach this team" threads...but calm down every one, we have a good home stretch now, we got 3 games in a row at home, then a quick 2 on tha road, and then we come back and play 5 games in a row at home! Things are gonna start lookin real good if we win all of our home games and even steal one of those road games...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:48 pm

our next long road trip isn't until Jan. :jam2:
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby PiEdIe on Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:21 am

at the beginning of the season I tought": wow adding 2 all stars to an nba championship team, oh my. but fore some other reason it aint working out, after the first dallas game I was very happy but those games afterwards have just been lucky. we should be playing so much better, malone is playing pretty good,s ometimes not shooting that well but playing pretty good. payton had almost 9 assists so that is pretty good. why is it then that we are losing so fukking much?

I dont get this, tsk tsk at the lakers
PiEdIe

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:45 am

I'm so upset with the loss... We settled for things we shouldnt have settled for.... But with losses comes doubt, and well I don't doubt. It's still way too early in the season, and what wee need to do is have that fire runnin through our veins at the same pace... We need that tempo to flow into our game so that we all are on the same level... We need to desire to win, not cuz we have to but cuz we NEEEED To.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:21 am

we just have to wait till the offense sets in and the two new HOFs learn the triangle

also once kobe fully recovers from this offseason, it should DEFINATELY help us

we may not win 75-80 games, but we definately still are the favorites to win the title, and thats all that counts

also look at the other powerhouses starts

all of em are doing bad, and utah lost too

this leaves only the apcers and the sonics ahead of us record wise
shaqpak34

Lakers

Postby 21YoungLakersFan on Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:50 am

Their defense is terrible and their is no ball movement. Kobe is terrible on both ends right now. I don't see them winning any thing this year because nobody other than Shaq ia really putting a effort on both ends. Don't get me wrong I want them to win but that turn it on stuff isn't going to work anymore. So don't be suprised if they lose both games this week and against San Antonio on the 28th and Dec 3. San Antonio is probably going to win the championship again this year. Yea other top teams in the west are struggling but after losing last year you would think the Lakers would be more motivated they look lacidaisial out there like teams are going to just lay down and let them win. Nobody is scared of them anymore and they try to play their best against them. It seems the Lakers just haven't realized that or they just don't want to win. They should be trying to crush every single opponent this year.
"The Lakers are always the team to beat if Kobe and Shaq are on the same page."
21YoungLakersFan

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Tue Nov 11, 2003 10:35 am

wouldn't YalL rather have them lose games rYt now and learn from them, than for them to lose games when it counts, lYk what happn'd last Year? don't get me wrong, im upset also but i have faith in them, and i know theY can bring back the title where it trullY beLonGz.....so calm down peEpz...

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Nov 11, 2003 4:03 pm

Malone on Kobe

Asked specifically about the fourth quarter, Malone said of Bryant, "He's a competitor. Trying, all of that, that's who he is.

"Am I surprised he tried to do more? Not really. We've all got to realize as the season goes on, we can make it easier for each other. When we realize that, it'll be better. It's growing pains."

Shaq on Kobe

Bryant scored eight consecutive points in the fourth quarter, the last two on a short turn-around jumper with 3:35 remaining to bring the Lakers to within 95-86. By then, teammates were standing and watching. Bryant missed two long three-point attempts, and O'Neal attempted only two fourth-quarter field goals with the game in some doubt. Bryant finished with 19 points, O'Neal 20, Malone 13 and Payton six. Devean George, who scored 17 points, had the hottest hand, and was afforded two second-half shots.

Asked if Bryant's assertive fourth quarter were by design or of his own initiative, Jackson said, "I wouldn't choose either of those two options. It was not by design and I think he just felt he had to punch it up there. He just doesn't have the legs now for the three-point shots he was trying to take, so … "
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Bulls Fan on Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:12 pm

basically....kobe needs to pass
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday