Mon. 2/07 @ Hawks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby c.Lin on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:23 pm

I haven't read all of the gameday pages, but did anyone notice that Mr. Antoine's last shot hit the top of the backboard and banked in? His shot was so bad it was good. I do not believe for a second that he intended to do that.
c.Lin

Postby Zheka on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:30 pm

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Zheka

Postby methodnred on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:33 pm

Positives taken from this game.

We are going to make a trade people, we just have to.

Mitch was at the game and he saw how horrible it was.

Mihm and Grant combined for 20 minutes.

The Lakers are showcasing their scrubs.

I simply refuse to believe that Hamblen would bench Mihm and Grant in favor of Slava and Cook, I dont care how bad Mihm and Grant could be playing.

I either expect a trade that includes Butler while getting us a solid PF or PG, or a trade not involving Butler that can get us something decent at worst.

Heres to a trade! (preferably to get rid of Cook/George/Slava/Brown/Butler)
methodnred

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:35 pm

methodnred wrote:Positives taken from this game.

I simply refuse to believe that Hamblen would bench Mihm and Grant in favor of Slava and Cook, I dont care how bad Mihm and Grant could be playing.

I either expect a trade that includes Butler while getting us a solid PF or PG, or a trade not involving Butler that can get us something decent at worst.

waht makes u so sure we get a pg in mitchs eyez i doubt he thinks we need a pg he prolly sees us set at pg just need a big body 1 or 2 bangers
PurpleNGold1

Postby magicmoment on Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:03 am

agh! i cant stand looking at that scoreboard! it upsets me soo much that we cant win a team that has the 2nd worst record in the league. we better win against the Nets...they better work hard STARTING in the 1ST QUARTER!!!

Mr. tierre brown though..oh man.. 27 pts! way to step up!
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Furious D on Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:15 am

Damn another close loss. Lakers dug themselves so deep in a hole that there was no way they could get out. Some questionable calls towards the end but hey what can you do? The Hawks looked like they played the game of their lives. I still think they're a sorry team.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby RenePerezz on Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:45 am

Furious D wrote:Damn another close loss. Lakers dug themselves so deep in a hole that there was no way they could get out. Some questionable calls towards the end but hey what can you do? The Hawks looked like they played the game of their lives. I still think they're a sorry team.

Seemed like the announcers were having the time of their lives out there!

:man3:
RenePerezz

Postby strikemode14 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:40 am

methodnred wrote:Positives taken from this game.

Well I don't think Butler is going anywhere. Cook and Walton have expiring contracts I think after this year and George has one after next season so they are good trade options. I wish we would have traded Slava to Utah for Arroyo when they had Arroyo. I heard Utah was interested in Slava. Now I can't really see a team that would want him.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:59 am

When Kobe will re-joijn Lakers? Maybe vs. Pistons? I think that Kobe's comeback will be @ Cavs. :mad1:
Damn - two loses after huge comebacks! We should won at Houston and @ Atlanta too! :bang:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby KB24 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:34 am

At least Lamar stays honest:
``We lost the game because we're just playing horrible, because our energy level is real low,'' said Lamar Odom, who led the Lakers with 28 points. ``We're just coming out lame. Right now we're playing a less than mediocre game.''

How can we be back against the worst team ( without ANY doubts) and trail by 30 midway the second quarter? Can someone explain me that? My brain is numb :man3: Here are some riddles that I can´t crack.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kobe6962 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:08 am

KB8 till infinity wrote:At least Lamar stays honest:
``We lost the game because we're just playing horrible, because our energy level is real low,'' said Lamar Odom, who led the Lakers with 28 points. ``We're just coming out lame. Right now we're playing a less than mediocre game.''

How can we be back against the worst team ( without ANY doubts) and trail by 30 midway the second quarter? Can someone explain me that? My brain is numb :man3: Here are some riddles that I can´t crack.

I ask myself that same question.. I bet alot of people sees positives from this well I dont I dont see anything positive about losing to the worst team in basketball.. Lamar is being honest I like that this team has problems and they stink point blank STINK!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby Helljumper on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:29 am

Jamaal Magloire the Laker wrote:
Antoine Walker’s Field Goal Percentage Slips Into Negative Territory

ATLANTA , GA --Antoine Walker’s shooting woes continued Thursday when his field goal percentage finally slipped into negative territory. Buoyed by a 3-13 night against the Boston Celtics, the percentage now stands at exactly -.433. Walker said he plans to keep shooting until he regains his stroke.
“Balls aren’t really falling for me like I need them to,� he said. “It’s really just a matter of me staying focused and not losing my confidence. Having a negative field goal percentage is a little embarrassing, but it’s just a number. What I need to do is shoot more often so I have a better chance of getting baskets. I also need to take wilder shots. I’ve been way too tame with my shot selection.�
Walker went on to “guarantee� that his field goal percentage would be above zero by the end of the season.

How do you have a negative FG% :man3: Either way, that is sad
Helljumper

Postby KB24Gold on Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:01 pm

Antoine Walker’s Field Goal Percentage Slips Into Negative Territory

ATLANTA , GA --Antoine Walker’s shooting woes continued Thursday when his field goal percentage finally slipped into negative territory. Buoyed by a 3-13 night against the Boston Celtics, the percentage now stands at exactly -.433. Walker said he plans to keep shooting until he regains his stroke.
“Balls aren’t really falling for me like I need them to,� he said. “It’s really just a matter of me staying focused and not losing my confidence. Having a negative field goal percentage is a little embarrassing, but it’s just a number. What I need to do is shoot more often so I have a better chance of getting baskets. I also need to take wilder shots. I’ve been way too tame with my shot selection.�
Walker went on to “guarantee� that his field goal percentage would be above zero by the end of the season.

Well if there's anything to feel good about, its that regardless of the lost, walker still sucks.

ImageImageImageImage
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:57 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Poor jsm was at this game... good thing I didn't watch.

Yes I was, you are lucky.

My comments and thoughts on the game:

Is anyone still going to call Tierre "Tierrible" after this game? He must have known he had his fans in ATL and decided to give them a show. 27 points in as many minutes, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, and a steal. The kid played his game of the year. I haven't heard fans at Staples get as loud cheering for Tierre as the fans in ATL did last night. People are quick to question his jump shot, but last night it was like money. That's proof that he doesn't have to have Kobe in the game with him to get him open jumpers to knock one down, he was knocking them down with defenders in his face last night and all. Without the Tierrific performance from him, we wouldn't have been able to make a run at the game.

Whenever a team starts out by going 0-10+ against the HAWKS, then they are serious issues that should be addressed.

We have the worst defense in the league. Now, I know without Shaq, out paint has thinned out, opponents attack more, etc; but a clear lane to the basket, no one contesting dunks, allowing players to penetrate at will is the sign of pathetic D, especially when the team doing this to you has only won 10 games on the year.

Fact is we lost a home game on the road, I don't think we have that many fans at any other arena. Scattered throughout the 15,633 were purple, gold, blue, black, and white Laker jerseys. By the reaction from the fans to their 4th quarter push, you would have thought it was a home game.

You know you are a fan favorite, when you get your name cheered when you enter the game in another arena. I'm sure it was weird for Luuuuuke!

I have a new found hate for Chucky and his defense, which logs in at the worst to ever exist. When you let Delk go on a wide open jump shooting spree, sooner or later, it should register that you should stick a hand in his face and try to stop him from making some of the easy buckets he was getting.

We allowed Walker to own us. He didn't even attempt 1 3 pointer all game. He was milking his jump shot for all it was worth, I don't understand why Odom (who is taller) couldn't deflect some of those shots.

That was the least defense that had been played on Childress all year long, on his way to 19 & 10, he probably thought it was a practice session or something.

Caron should be embarrassed for making such a minimal impact against such measly talent. It's not like JJ or Luke did anything either, though.

The White Flag and his flat jumper should be booted off this team. He should not have played last night, we should have used Grant more.

When the announcer says Ekezie's name more than half of our players combined, there is something wrong with that picture.

A trade should be made when any team (I don't care if Kobe is out or not) can't beat the Hawks when they don't have Lue or Harrington.

And once again...Where's Bobbitt?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakRfAn on Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:21 pm

jsm0331 wrote:

Is anyone still going to call Tierre "Tierrible" after this game? He must have known he had his fans in ATL and decided to give them a show. 27 points in as many minutes, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, and a steal. The kid played his game of the year. I haven't heard fans at Staples get as loud cheering for Tierre as the fans in ATL did last night. People are quick to question his jump shot, but last night it was like money. That's proof that he doesn't have to have Kobe in the game with him to get him open jumpers to knock one down, he was knocking them down with defenders in his face last night and all. Without the Tierrific performance from him, we wouldn't have been able to make a run at the game.

Whenever a team starts out by going 0-10+ against the HAWKS, then they are serious issues that should be addressed.

We have the worst defense in the league. Now, I know without Shaq, out paint has thinned out, opponents attack more, etc; but a clear lane to the basket, no one contesting dunks, allowing players to penetrate at will is the sign of pathetic D, especially when the team doing this to you has only won 10 games on the year.

Fact is we lost a home game on the road, I don't think we have that many fans at any other arena. Scattered throughout the 15,633 were purple, gold, blue, black, and white Laker jerseys. By the reaction from the fans to their 4th quarter push, you would have thought it was a home game.

You know you are a fan favorite, when you get your name cheered when you enter the game in another arena. I'm sure it was weird for Luuuuuke!

I have a new found hate for Chucky and his defense, which logs in at the worst to ever exist. When you let Delk go on a wide open jump shooting spree, sooner or later, it should register that you should stick a hand in his face and try to stop him from making some of the easy buckets he was getting.

We allowed Walker to own us. He didn't even attempt 1 3 pointer all game. He was milking his jump shot for all it was worth, I don't understand why Odom (who is taller) couldn't deflect some of those shots.

That was the least defense that had been played on Childress all year long, on his way to 19 & 10, he probably thought it was a practice session or something.

Caron should be embarrassed for making such a minimal impact against such measly talent. It's not like JJ or Luke did anything either, though.

The White Flag and his flat jumper should be booted off this team. He should not have played last night, we should have used Grant more.

When the announcer says Ekezie's name more than half of our players combined, there is something wrong with that picture.

A trade should be made when any team (I don't care if Kobe is out or not) can't beat the Hawks when they don't have Lue or Harrington.

good points all

but who's "white flag"?
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby Lakerfan36 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:45 pm

kobe6962 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:Carter had 41 pts Saturday and 43 tonight against the Sixers... We are in trouble come Wednesday!
Do not fear! Kobe is here!

:kobe1:

LOL will he be there Wednesday!

Jack Haley said Kobe will be there :jam2:
Lakerfan36

Postby JSM on Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:12 pm

LakRfAn wrote:who's "white flag"?

the white flag...

I gave him that nickname, because usually when he goes it, you know the game over, that's the sign we've given up...like waiving the white flag.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:25 pm

i think bobbit sprained his right ankle...but yeah i wanna see him out there >.<
Karl11-Caron1

Postby KB24 on Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:25 pm

jsm0331 wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. No interior defense and no perimeter defense. We have to trade for a couple of hustlers and team defenders.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday