Mon. 2/28 @ Knicks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LakRfAn on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:58 pm

msb212 wrote:Check out the way the media is already slanting the story - from WIRETAP:

With the Lakers trailing 117-115, Kobe penetrated and dished it to Luke Walton who subsequently gave him the ball back under the basket, but Bryant fumbled it and time expired as he slammed the ball to the floor of the Garden and yelled at Walton. They would still be playing had Kobe not fumbled the ball, but the blame was shifted to the second-year player from Arizona.

that's a shameless little piece of editorializing at kobe's expense

how could a newsperson say that "they would still be playing had Kobe not fumbled the ball"?

then again, after the "shaq is out for the year" fiasco, I'm not too shocked that the sports news media is this sloppy
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:58 pm

Yes Kobe looked like he fumbled the ball but come on, he shouldnt have had the damn ball in the first place he was double teamed

Postby kobe6962 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:58 pm

msb212 wrote:Check out the way the media is already slanting the story - from WIRETAP:

With the Lakers trailing 117-115, Kobe penetrated and dished it to Luke Walton who subsequently gave him the ball back under the basket, but Bryant fumbled it and time expired as he slammed the ball to the floor of the Garden and yelled at Walton. They would still be playing had Kobe not fumbled the ball, but the blame was shifted to the second-year player from Arizona.

You gotta be kidding me??!! It was in no shape or form Kobe's fault!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby DJM19 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:59 pm

this games loss was all the more worse than the raptors loss because it was so easily winable.
DJM19

Postby magicmoment on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:00 pm

here's the positive side:
the lakers hit 4 straight 3's in like 40 sec... [chucky, LO, Butler and Kobe]. and Kobe's shot in the 4th in the final sec. was a VERY nice clutch shot. too bad it wasnt the game winning shot! :man5:

this IS the best come back i've seen from the Lakers this season! we just came up shot by ONE basket......
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby LakRfAn on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:04 pm

magicmoment wrote:here's the positive side:
the lakers hit 4 straight 3's in like 40 sec... [chucky, LO, Butler and Kobe]. and Kobe's shot in the 4th in the final sec. was a VERY nice clutch shot. too bad it wasnt the game winning shot! :man5:

this IS the best come back i've seen from the Lakers this season! we just came up shot by ONE basket......

There is no positive side. The fact that they came back will just obscure in their minds the fact that they played an atrocious game against a terrible team.
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:06 pm

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:08 pm

I just wanna say something, most of you, if Luke would have taken the shot and missed, you all would have been like; "WHY DIDN'T HE GIVE THE BALL TO KOBE?!" So he did give it to Kobe and he fumbled and now its Lukes fault?

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby klavier84 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:10 pm

ohhh man... I hate KCAL... I thought it was LIVE, then I came to CL.com with 2 min left in the OT and saw the front page... oh man...

I HATE KCAL. :mad1:
klavier84

Postby magicmoment on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:10 pm

LakRfAn wrote:

There is no positive side. The fact that they came back will just obscure in their minds the fact that they played an atrocious game against a terrible team.

come on. im trying to make this a little better. the Lakers didnt play well today, so this come back was a good thing. im not saying that this was an awesome game..im just as frustrated as any Laker fan right now.

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby kobe6962 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:12 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:I just wanna say something, most of you, if Luke would have taken the shot and missed, you all would have been like; "WHY DIDN'T HE GIVE THE BALL TO KOBE?!" So he did give it to Kobe and he fumbled and now its Lukes fault?

Because he had a for sure lay up. Kobe trusted his teammate to take the shot but he passes it back to Kobe in double coverage.. I for one was hoping Luke would take the shot.. Yes it is Lukes fault and I hope Kobe screams at him till the cows come home. Enough about this game I had enough!!!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby magicmoment on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:13 pm

klavier84 wrote:ohhh man... I hate KCAL... I thought it was LIVE, then I came to CL.com with 2 min left in the OT and saw the front page... oh man...

I HATE KCAL. :mad1:

ur telling me! they're delaying the Celts game on Wednesday too!! :bang:

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby LakRfAn on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:16 pm

magicmoment wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:

come on. im trying to make this a little better. the Lakers didnt play well today, so this come back was a good thing. im not saying that this was an awesome game..im just as frustrated as any Laker fan right now.

Yeah I know dude
I'm not trying to jump all over you

but

we've had more than a few fabulous comebacks this year, and they haven't caused us to get better as a team, or learn that if the entire 48 minutes is treated like crunch time, there's a chance to win every game

instead, the lakers take these comebacks as validation of the fact that they're doing the right things out there, when they're doing the exact wrong things most of the time.
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby gloryrun on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:17 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:I just wanna say something, most of you, if Luke would have taken the shot and missed, you all would have been like; "WHY DIDN'T HE GIVE THE BALL TO KOBE?!" So he did give it to Kobe and he fumbled and now its Lukes fault?

I would not have said that at all, what im saying now is..

HOW MANY TIMES DOES KOBE HAVE TO TELL HIS TEAMATES TO SHOOT THE BALL? this is not the first time this has happened. or the third, or even the fifth time..
gloryrun

Postby 2BContN2004 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:19 pm

This was our game to win. It's easy to blame Luke for passing off the last second shot to Kobe but in reality, the Lakers had control of the game when up by 4 but both Kobe and Lamar penetrated when they didn't need to. The Lakers slowed down the game a little to early IMHO. We started off OT with a bang and just let it slide. Man this really :mad1: :mad1:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things" Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
2BContN2004

Postby LakRfAn on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:19 pm

actually, if he'd taken the shot and missed in that situation, everyone would have been all over Luke for not being able to make a layup
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby 8kobe8 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:21 pm

SO its Kobe's fault for giving his teamate who had an open look?
8kobe8

Postby gloryrun on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:21 pm

should have passed it to slava on the bench, he never hesitates to let it fly when he gets the pass. :man1: :man12:
gloryrun

Postby EQualizer on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:22 pm

slava should teach luke that special ability
EQualizer

Postby LukeWalton on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:23 pm

Damn what a loss :bang: Luke shoulda shot that damn ball. ...WTF come on Luke he had a game winning shot right there

KObe looked pissed. Luke prob aint getting any more PT. :bang:
LukeWalton

Postby KB24 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:25 pm

Sweetney with carrier night.
19 points carrier high
12 rebounds carrier high
Tim Thomas
35 points season high
12 field goals season high
4 threes season high

Thats how role players become franchise players against the Lakers.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby jimbo327 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:26 pm

Three mistakes.

1) Chucky Atkins. The guy gave the game away in overtime. He has a series of possessions that is just down right dumb. He missed the three, then he turned the ball over by throwing it away, then Stephon blows past him on the next possession when he was busy looking at something else, then finally he fouled Stephon for no fricken reason and put him on the line for the go ahead points. What a moron! The guy bonked big time tonight.

2) Turnovers. 19 total turnovers. But 12 of those 19 turnovers are from Kobe and Lamar.

3) Luke Walton. He tried to play way out of his game, trying to create off the dribble. And Frank Hamblem should have never put him in the last possession. He's not clutch, he's a past first type of guy.
jimbo327

Postby magicmoment on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:26 pm

LukeWalton wrote:Damn what a loss :bang: Luke shoulda shot that damn ball. ...WTF come on Luke he had a game winning shot right there

KObe looked pissed. Luke prob aint getting any more PT. :bang:

i feel yah.. Luke was wide open for the Lay up... frustrating..YES! Kobe really looked pissed and he even yelled at Luke saying, "why did u give me the ball!!" i knew that Luke could have made that shot.. easy shot. if not, he cud have gotten fouled...

easy: Luke prolly went into Panic Mode...

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:28 pm

no because kobe gave the ball to Luke so he could score....Luke had the ball with less then 2 seconds left and he had a good shot and should of taken it....its much better to at least get a shot of then to just pass it up and have time run out... :mad1: :mad1:
Last edited by Lakerfan36 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:29 pm

Someone please explain to me what the problem is with DRIVING when you're up with four and drawing the foul and or scoring the rock... :disagree:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight