Mon. 2/28 @ Knicks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby magicmoment on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:30 pm

jimbo327 wrote:
3) Luke Walton. He tried to play way out of his game, trying to create off the dribble. And Frank Hamblem should have never put him in the last possession. He's not clutch, he's a past first type of guy.

was LO in the game :man3:
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby JukeTHEFluke on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:31 pm

nice game LUKE :bang:
JukeTHEFluke

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:31 pm

jimbo327 wrote:Three mistakes.

2) Turnovers. 19 total turnovers. But 12 of those 19 turnovers are from Kobe and Lamar.

what killed us even more was the 4 Turnovers in OT :bang:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby dynasty4kobe on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:32 pm

Wow, if this wasn't a prime example of growing pains, then I don't know what is. Luke should have shot that ball, and I can understand a winner like Kobe being angry at that. But this is what rebuilding is. Luke should've never been put in that position, meaning he should not have been in the game. But that's not to say that we should never let Luke get a chance. Imagine if never gave Kobe a chance . . .

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby hZm on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:33 pm

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

I have NEVER been this pissed off this season! I think my entire street heard me shout out the F bomb.
hZm

Postby DJM19 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
jimbo327 wrote:Three mistakes.

2) Turnovers. 19 total turnovers. But 12 of those 19 turnovers are from Kobe and Lamar.

what killed us even more was the 4 Turnovers in OT :bang:

2 of those were chuckys fault
DJM19

Postby okay on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:35 pm

What I don't understand is this:

Hamblen obviously put Luke in the game to draw up a play, like he usually does. Not to stand there and shoot, something he is horrific at.

So why would he put Luke in the game, a guy who is possibly the most hesitant player to shoot in the LEAGUE when we were going for a win?

SLAVA would have taken it without a doubt. Luke? He missed a WIDE OPEN layup today, that was your foreshadowing to HE'S GONNA SUCK [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] TODAY, why the bloody hell was he in?
okay

explain this...

Postby perfecto31 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:36 pm

i didn't see the game, i am reading the post and i have a question. everyone's mad at luke, can someone explain to me (in highlight form) the last play (luke's TO)
now that Lamar is the third option or so keep um.

"if you fail to plan, you plan to fail"

Perfecto has new songs on the 1st and 15th of each month.. Government Assistance @ www.DubCnn.com
perfecto31

Postby magicmoment on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:36 pm

hZm wrote::mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

I have NEVER been this pissed off this season! I think my entire street heard me shout out the F bomb.

same here.. i yelled sooo loud.. i was literally yellin' at the TV hoping Luke wud hear how mad i was... :disagree: :bang: im still fired up

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Re: explain this...

Postby okay on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:40 pm

perfecto31 wrote:i didn't see the game, i am reading the post and i have a question. everyone's mad at luke, can someone explain to me (in highlight form) the last play (luke's TO)

With 10 or something secs to go, Kobe kills some time and drives in from the top. He finds Luke wide open and passes to him for the SHOT. Luke instead gave it BACK to Kobe who fumbled the ball because he was surprised and the clock ran out.

In short: Luke blew the game.
okay

Postby perfecto31 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:42 pm

okay wrote:
perfecto31 wrote:i didn't see the game, i am reading the post and i have a question. everyone's mad at luke, can someone explain to me (in highlight form) the last play (luke's TO)

With 10 or something secs to go, Kobe kills some time and drives in from the top. He finds Luke wide open and passes to him for the SHOT. Luke instead gave it BACK to Kobe who fumbled the ball because he was surprised and the clock ran out.

where was luke when Kobe passed the ball? Three point shot?

Perfecto has new songs on the 1st and 15th of each month.. Government Assistance @ www.DubCnn.com
perfecto31

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:44 pm

Kobe still fumbled the ball cuz he wasnt expecting the pass, not all Luke's fault, Im also upset at Kobe for chewing Luke out like that, I understand that he was in the heat of the moment but he better apologize later cuz we dont need that garbage on this team

Postby 2BContN2004 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:44 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Someone please explain to me what the problem is with DRIVING when you're up with four and drawing the foul and or scoring the rock... :disagree:

I think you are referring to my statement about Kobe and Odom. You are correct in that there is not problem doing it. It's not the DRIVING that got me, it's that it was a FORCED drive i.e. trying to create a shot that isn't there. It's all second guessing now anyways. I will admit that if either one of them had scored or been fouled, my view would be completely different.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things" Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
2BContN2004

Postby dynasty4kobe on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:45 pm

Ko8e 8ryant wrote:Kobe still fumbled the ball cuz he wasnt expecting the pass, not all Luke's fault, Im also upset at Kobe for chewing Luke out like that, I understand that he was in the heat of the moment but he better apologize later cuz we dont need that garbage on this team

I'll tell you right now, Kobe and Luke will become closer teammates after this game.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe

Postby okay on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:46 pm

perfecto31 wrote:
okay wrote:

About 9 or 10 feet from the hoop.
okay

Postby perfecto31 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:47 pm

okay wrote:
perfecto31 wrote:
okay wrote:

sounds like a highpercentage shot! damn luke....lakers defer to Kobe way too much

perfecto31

Postby 2BContN2004 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:49 pm

okay wrote:
perfecto31 wrote:
okay wrote:

I'm sure Luke realizes now the mistake he made. Unfortunately, at this point of the season, this game may affect our playoff possibilities. Games like this you end up looking back to at the end of the season and think "what if..."
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things" Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
2BContN2004

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:52 pm

dynasty4kobe wrote:
Ko8e 8ryant wrote:Kobe still fumbled the ball cuz he wasnt expecting the pass, not all Luke's fault, Im also upset at Kobe for chewing Luke out like that, I understand that he was in the heat of the moment but he better apologize later cuz we dont need that garbage on this team

I'll tell you right now, Kobe and Luke will become closer teammates after this game.

I really hope you are right cuz we dont need any of that trash, we need to somehow pull together and if Kobe is the leader we all think he is than he will straighten things up with Luke

Postby okay on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:54 pm

Kobe was just mad, I don't think he doesn't hates Luke. And besides. Kobe and Luke fueding? Who gives a crap? Yeah the media will sure make a story out of this.
okay

Postby dynasty4kobe on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:55 pm

Ko8e 8ryant wrote:
dynasty4kobe wrote:

I really hope you are right cuz we dont need any of that trash, we need to somehow pull together and if Kobe is the leader we all think he is than he will straighten things up with Luke

Well on this Post Game show, they asked Kobe about the last play and he said something along the lines of, "If we had to do that play over, I would have hit him with the pass again. And that's what I'll tell him when we get on the bus."
Last edited by dynasty4kobe on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe

Postby Guest on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:57 pm

dynasty4kobe wrote:
Ko8e 8ryant wrote:
dynasty4kobe wrote:

Well on this Post Game show, they asked Kobe about the last play and he said something along the lines of, "If we had to do that play over game, I would have hit him with the pass again. And that's what I'll tell him when we get on the bus."

I didnt see that but thanks for posting it cuz I am damn glad to hear it...time to pull togehter and think about next game, even though this one hurts a lot

Postby magicmoment on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:11 pm

okay wrote:About 9 or 10 feet from the hoop.

not even.. he was closer....

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby 2BContN2004 on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:15 pm

magicmoment wrote:
okay wrote:About 9 or 10 feet from the hoop.

not even.. he was closer....

Yeah I'm thinking more like 4-5 feet.
2BContN2004

Postby BDG on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:27 pm

This team is garbage. We will not make the playoffs. If we do, we're lucky. I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon or panicking, but seriously our team plays no defense.

WHAT THE HELL WAS LUKE THINKING PASSING UP AN OPEN SHOT WITH 2 SECS LEFT?

WHAT THE HELL WAS ATKINS THINKING FOULING MARBURY?!

WHAT THE HELL WAS BUTLER DOING ALL GAME ON TIM THOMAS?!

Now Luke has shown some potential with his bball IQ, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Atkins and Butler have to go.

Furthermore, Chris Mihm got punked out by Mike Sweetney tonight. One word: soft. If he doesn't spend time in the weight room this offseason and make significant improvement, he's going to be useless.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:30 pm

something what losing the MDE does to a team

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight