Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby LakeShow09 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:22 pm

nameant wrote:Show of hands of the players on our team that have killed some1?



Sasha and Luke have killed several leads :man12:
User avatar
LakeShow09

 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby LakeShow09 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:22 pm

:jam2: :jam2:
User avatar
LakeShow09

 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby Slade366 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 pm

leftymo wrote:
from714to402 wrote:

Helping you eat crow my friend.



you do realize i was hammered when posting that night right? all I learned is not to bet when drunk.


and what about today? Granted I didn't come on msg boards claiming a loss, but I knew it was coming.

I don't think anyone on this fourm would have actually paid up $100 for a simple bet made over a fourm. I really respect you for that :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Slade366

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Anchorage,Alaska

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby Helljumper on Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 pm

leftymo wrote:
Helljumper wrote:I don't care what you say, but no real fan would ever bet against their team.



One involves the brain the other involves the heart...

different organs.


Ummm... okay?
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14843
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby kray28 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 pm

leftymo wrote:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
Nope. If the Lakers had won both at home and were up 2-0 in this series then splitting in Denver wiould be a great thing. Going to Denver tied 1-1 the Lakers should have been thinking take both not split.



I think an experienced team or championship team would do that. Or if LA was playing an obviously inferior opponent, like last year against San Antonio.


If LA wins a title this year, I fully expect next year to be the year where they come in and take 2 on the road.

This team is too mentally weak, frail, and not driven to do it.

They show up when they have to, which should be enough to get to the finals.


2-2 is a fine state to be in when you have homecourt. We have homecourt...I don't think you're going to see a repeat of this game on Wednesday.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21238
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby leftymo on Mon May 25, 2009 9:23 pm

Slade366 wrote:Leftymo I don't know if I say it enough but you are probably the smartest, most honest person on this fourm (Not saying everyone else isn't awesome, smart and honest) I agree with every post you make!



No... I write things that usually create controversy...

One of my closest friends called me the "stan van gundy of laker fans"... which I thought was funny...

but I was like this in 2002 against the kings also.

I just think in ball its about domination. Size wins, talent wins. LA has both, so when I see them play series closer than they should, struggle to beat teams clearly inferior, I get upset.


as a side note: If you ask most doctors what they think of pathologists.... they'd say "smart" also...but I don't necessarily buy that.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 25, 2009 9:24 pm

leftymo wrote:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
Nope. If the Lakers had won both at home and were up 2-0 in this series then splitting in Denver wiould be a great thing. Going to Denver tied 1-1 the Lakers should have been thinking take both not split.



I think an experienced team or championship team would do that. Or if LA was playing an obviously inferior opponent, like last year against San Antonio.


If LA wins a title this year, I fully expect next year to be the year where they come in and take 2 on the road.

This team is too mentally weak, frail, and not driven to do it.

They show up when they have to, which should be enough to get to the finals.


I agree but am disappointed that players like Derek Fisher and Luke Walton, who have won championships with this team, don't have the mental toughness to close out a team.

The Lakers still have HCA and can win this series but it would be a lot easier if they played smart from the start.
Image
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby leftymo on Mon May 25, 2009 9:24 pm

kray28 wrote:
2-2 is a fine state to be in when you have homecourt. We have homecourt...I don't think you're going to see a repeat of this game on Wednesday.



I judge this team by road games. So I'm looking more at Friday, than Wednesday.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby flea_lakers on Mon May 25, 2009 9:25 pm

In this forum there are people who are like vultures, they only appear when they smell the tragedy. They love the carrion.
Last edited by flea_lakers on Mon May 25, 2009 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
flea_lakers

 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 7:57 am
Location: Finis Terrae

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Phil's being interviewed on ESPN. I can believe he has the ability to laugh after the horrible game they just played.
Image
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 25, 2009 9:26 pm

flea_lakers wrote:In this forum there are people who are like vultures, they only appear when a tragedy happens. They love the carrion.


You have the opposite too. People who show up when the Lakers do great things and jump on the band wagon.
Image
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby crazykobe24 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:26 pm

These guys just do not seem to put the effort when they have a lead in the series. :bang:

I wish this Laker team played hard every night. :bang:
:ball1:
User avatar
crazykobe24

 
Posts: 340
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:27 am
Location: OC-SoCal

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby Slade366 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:27 pm

leftymo wrote:
Slade366 wrote:Leftymo I don't know if I say it enough but you are probably the smartest, most honest person on this fourm (Not saying everyone else isn't awesome, smart and honest) I agree with every post you make!



No... I write things that usually create controversy...

One of my closest friends called me the "stan van gundy of laker fans"... which I thought was funny...

but I was like this in 2002 against the kings also.

I just think in ball its about domination. Size wins, talent wins. LA has both, so when I see them play series closer than they should, struggle to beat teams clearly inferior, I get upset.


as a side note: If you ask most doctors what they think of pathologists.... they'd say "smart" also...but I don't necessarily buy that.

Some things that prove your one of the biggest Lakers fans on the fourm:
1. Early Register Date
2. Getting pissed after a lose
3. Betting against you team so you will be happy win or lose
4. Actually paying $100 for a simple fourm bet.
The List goes on and on! Your really a great roll model :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Image
User avatar
Slade366

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Anchorage,Alaska

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby flea_lakers on Mon May 25, 2009 9:29 pm

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
flea_lakers wrote:In this forum there are people who are like vultures, they only appear when a tragedy happens. They love the carrion.


You have the opposite too. People who show up when the Lakers do great things and jump on the band wagon.

In Spain is 5:27 am, tomorrow I will go to work with little sleep, so what are you talking about?
Last edited by flea_lakers on Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
flea_lakers

 
Posts: 1935
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 7:57 am
Location: Finis Terrae

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon May 25, 2009 9:29 pm

i just played a game of NBA2k9 and killed the nuggets by 18 just to make myself feel better. sasha was 4/7 for 12 points...talk about laughable.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby leftymo on Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Slade366 wrote:I don't think anyone on this fourm would have actually paid up $100 for a simple bet made over a fourm. I really respect you for that :jam2:



thanks...


man, just saw phil's post game comments.... he called out the refs. FINALLY!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 25, 2009 9:32 pm

flea_lakers wrote:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
flea_lakers wrote:In this forum there are people who are like vultures, they only appear when a tragedy happens. They love the carrion.


You have the opposite too. People who show up when the Lakers do great things and jump on the band wagon.

In Spain is 5:27 am, tomorrow I will go to work with little sleep, so what are you talking about?


Please don't misunderstand me. I was not saying that you were a band wagon fan. I was saying that we get the opposite of the people you mentioned that just come here to talk crap when the Lakers lose.

5:27 am. Get some sleep!
Image
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby Sgt. Pepper on Mon May 25, 2009 9:33 pm

Slade366 wrote:
leftymo wrote:
Slade366 wrote:Leftymo I don't know if I say it enough but you are probably the smartest, most honest person on this fourm (Not saying everyone else isn't awesome, smart and honest) I agree with every post you make!



No... I write things that usually create controversy...

One of my closest friends called me the "stan van gundy of laker fans"... which I thought was funny...

but I was like this in 2002 against the kings also.

I just think in ball its about domination. Size wins, talent wins. LA has both, so when I see them play series closer than they should, struggle to beat teams clearly inferior, I get upset.


as a side note: If you ask most doctors what they think of pathologists.... they'd say "smart" also...but I don't necessarily buy that.

Some things that prove your one of the biggest Lakers fans on the fourm:
1. Early Register Date
2. Getting pissed after a lose
3. Betting against you team so you will be happy win or lose
4. Actually paying $100 for a simple fourm bet.
The List goes on and on! Your really a great roll model :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:


I don't understand how any of those makes you a better laker fan. That is just ludicrous.

And I completely don't understand how betting AGAINST your own team, who you are supposed to root for, is considered being a "better fan". And he didn't just bet 5 dollars or 10 dollars, he bet 100 dollars. He even admitted to it being a drunk decision, and people still agree with him. Just because a guy has a few more digits under his name on an internet message board doesn't make him a better fan, nor does it make his logic make more sense.
User avatar
Sgt. Pepper

 
Posts: 616
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:01 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby leftymo on Mon May 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Slade366 wrote:Some things that prove your one of the biggest Lakers fans on the fourm:
1. Early Register Date
2. Getting pissed after a lose
3. Betting against you team so you will be happy win or lose
4. Actually paying $100 for a simple fourm bet.
The List goes on and on! Your really a great roll model :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:



I prefer the (3 different msg laker boards that I post on, one of which was earlier than CL)
and staying up to listen to all the post game interviews, including laker post game show on KLAC, then going to lakers website for practice interviews...

and of course lakernation podcasts, ESPN radio 710 AM podcasts on the lakers, and downloading podcasts from KLAC regarding laker discussions...


thanks for the kind words slade...

Lakers will regroup. I think just like how Houston bounced back from that 40 point drubbing, LA will bounce back and win game 5. Game 6 is the one I want to watch closely. I want LA to win that game.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby jays/laker on Mon May 25, 2009 9:36 pm

what did phil say about the refs?
jays/laker

 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:08 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby odom1year on Mon May 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Orlando Magic can beat REFs, why we can't ?
odom1year

 
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:33 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby lalfan on Mon May 25, 2009 9:38 pm

fklukewalton wrote:i just played a game of NBA2k9 and killed the nuggets by 18 just to make myself feel better. sasha was 4/7 for 12 points...talk about laughable.


too bad NBA2k9 doesn't have the feature of updating player's real time players' attributes like the NBA Live '09 does. i just played the same game in NBA Live '09 with the up to date player stats and attributes, guess what Sasha s*cks in that game just like in real life.
lalfan

 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:35 pm

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby leftymo on Mon May 25, 2009 9:39 pm

jays/laker wrote:what did phil say about the refs?



The question was asked by one of the LA Times writers (maybe not TJ Simers) and Phil said fouls in the first quarter were different than in the fourth quarter. So his players that were getting bumped in the first, and then getting called for touch fouls late. And that had his players more on their heals instead of being aggressive.

Writer: So are you saying it was the refs instead of your players?

Phil: No you said that, (and here he got really upset).


Other question was regarding Luke Walton and the unequalness of the officiating. Luke got hit with an elbow and complained about it, and got a tech and then three consecutive fouls. That it was unfair, or unequal.

Last question was how Jones had an unsportsmanlike play and its the third time in this series that he's done it. The media was trying to bait more, by asking Phil to name them, but in reality that's the media's job to know.

Phil made three harsh statements about the officiating. Which I liked.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby leftymo on Mon May 25, 2009 9:40 pm

He also brought up the FT disparity, or at least that Denver shot 49 FT's...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 25, 2009 9:41 pm

lalfan wrote:
fklukewalton wrote:i just played a game of NBA2k9 and killed the nuggets by 18 just to make myself feel better. sasha was 4/7 for 12 points...talk about laughable.


too bad NBA2k9 doesn't have the feature of updating player's real time players' attributes like the NBA Live '09 does. i just played the same game in NBA Live '09 with the up to date player stats and attributes, guess what Sasha s*cks in that game just like in real life.


What are you saying, the machine is broken? LOL Get it, the machine... Your playing a game on a machine and Sasha's nickname is... Never mind, I'm going to go get another beer. :man10:
Image
User avatar
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

 
Posts: 1042
Joined: Mon May 19, 2003 1:10 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.