Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Mon. 5/25 - Lakers @ DEN - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby jays/laker on Mon May 25, 2009 9:41 pm

brings up after the game. I wish he would have ripped um during the game. take an ejection and fire up the team.
jays/laker

Postby TheLakerskb24 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:42 pm

Does anyone know why phil doesn't put DJ in the game?????????
TheLakerskb24

Postby Slade366 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:44 pm

When someone gambles for their team it is gambling, you either win big or lose big. But when you bet against the Lakers you are fixing the odds. So he will be happy with a Lakers win/lose. He is buying assurance just in case they don't win. Only a real Lakers fans would "pay" for the Lakers to win.
Slade366

Postby TheLakerskb24 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Does anyone know why phil doesn't put DJ in the game?????????
TheLakerskb24

Postby leftymo on Mon May 25, 2009 9:44 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I don't understand how any of those makes you a better laker fan. That is just ludicrous.

And I completely don't understand how betting AGAINST your own team, who you are supposed to root for, is considered being a "better fan". And he didn't just bet 5 dollars or 10 dollars, he bet 100 dollars. He even admitted to it being a drunk decision, and people still agree with him. Just because a guy has a few more digits under his name on an internet message board doesn't make him a better fan, nor does it make his logic make more sense.

He never used the word "better"...

But too many fans throw around the "fanship" police and decide who is and isn't a fan. So its probably more a statement to those who claim I'm NOT or anyone for that matter on the board ISN'T a fan.

In that case, the number DOES contribute. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be here...

Fanship police really needs to be stopped. Everyone on this board sans the trolls are lakers fans. Most of, if not all of my friends who are also laker fans NEVER post on a single message board, they don't listen to the interviews, don't read the articles, don't watch the post game shows...but they are still fans.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby leftymo on Mon May 25, 2009 9:46 pm

Slade366 wrote:When someone gambles for their team it is gambling, you either win big or lose big. But when you bet against the Lakers you are fixing the odds. So he will be happy with a Lakers win/lose. He is buying assurance just in case they don't win. Only a real Lakers fans would "pay" for the Lakers to win.

sound logic.

I'm still upset though... but i got money today.

meanwhile, after game 3, i lost a lot more money, but was happy...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Mon May 25, 2009 9:48 pm

TheLakerskb24 wrote:Does anyone know why phil doesn't put DJ in the game?????????

Phil plays guys who he trusts. I don't think he has much trust in DJ. He only puts him in if the Lakers are up big in the 4th and then only for a little play time.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Slade366 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:48 pm

leftymo wrote:
Slade366 wrote:When someone gambles for their team it is gambling, you either win big or lose big. But when you bet against the Lakers you are fixing the odds. So he will be happy with a Lakers win/lose. He is buying assurance just in case they don't win. Only a real Lakers fans would "pay" for the Lakers to win.

sound logic.

I'm still upset though... but i got money today.

meanwhile, after game 3, i lost a lot more money, but was happy...

yeah, maybe next time you should be more :man12: /jk
Slade366

Postby lalfan on Mon May 25, 2009 9:53 pm

TheLakerskb24 wrote:Does anyone know why phil doesn't put DJ in the game?????????

the refs were calling ticky tack fouls our our regulars, imagine if phil inserted DJ who barely plays, he'd be fouled out before he can say "daco".
lalfan

Postby Sgt. Pepper on Mon May 25, 2009 9:54 pm

That logic makes absolutely no sense. I'm sorry it just doesn't. His "gamble" in no way affects the outcome of the game, and if he is rooting for the lakers to win, which is what a "true fan" should be (which I think is universally accepted), he will lose money everytime they win. Following that, if he bet every game and if the lakers show a lot of success, which he is being a fan for, he loses money. That's not being a "real fan" as you call it, but being idiotic.
Sgt. Pepper

Postby Kobe#2 on Mon May 25, 2009 9:54 pm

Slade366 wrote:
leftymo wrote:
Slade366 wrote:Leftymo I don't know if I say it enough but you are probably the smartest, most honest person on this fourm (Not saying everyone else isn't awesome, smart and honest) I agree with every post you make!

No... I write things that usually create controversy...

One of my closest friends called me the "stan van gundy of laker fans"... which I thought was funny...

but I was like this in 2002 against the kings also.

I just think in ball its about domination. Size wins, talent wins. LA has both, so when I see them play series closer than they should, struggle to beat teams clearly inferior, I get upset.

as a side note: If you ask most doctors what they think of pathologists.... they'd say "smart" also...but I don't necessarily buy that.

Some things that prove your one of the biggest Lakers fans on the fourm:
1. Early Register Date
2. Getting pissed after a lose
3. Betting against you team so you will be happy win or lose
4. Actually paying $100 for a simple fourm bet.
The List goes on and on! Your really a great roll model :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:man3:

Watch out lefty, I think this guy really likes you...
Kobe#2

Postby Sgt. Pepper on Mon May 25, 2009 10:01 pm

leftymo wrote:
Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I don't understand how any of those makes you a better laker fan. That is just ludicrous.

And I completely don't understand how betting AGAINST your own team, who you are supposed to root for, is considered being a "better fan". And he didn't just bet 5 dollars or 10 dollars, he bet 100 dollars. He even admitted to it being a drunk decision, and people still agree with him. Just because a guy has a few more digits under his name on an internet message board doesn't make him a better fan, nor does it make his logic make more sense.

But too many fans throw around the "fanship" police and decide who is and isn't a fan. So its probably more a statement to those who claim I'm NOT or anyone for that matter on the board ISN'T a fan.

In that case, the number DOES contribute. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be here...

Fanship police really needs to be stopped. Everyone on this board sans the trolls are lakers fans. Most of, if not all of my friends who are also laker fans NEVER post on a single message board, they don't listen to the interviews, don't read the articles, don't watch the post game shows...but they are still fans.

He used the phrase "true fan" or "real fan", which is basically the same. Also, I don't understand how you are arguing about ridding the forum of fanship police, then writng how the number shows how much you care. There are a million reasons why one wouldn't have as large a post count as others. Maybe watching the game somewhere else, not having computer nearby, etc. It's an internet forum, it doesn't rate passion for the lakers.

You also have to understand, I listen to the interviews, read articles, etc., but I don't think that makes me a "true fan", that's just what I'm interested in, and that's what you are interested in as well. As long as you cheer on the lakers and watch their games with passion, that makes you a fan. So I do have to agree that the "fanship police" should be stopped as well.
Sgt. Pepper

Postby slowjoe on Mon May 25, 2009 10:27 pm

denver nuggets in 6 games. go nuggets. go nuggets. go nuggets.
slowjoe

Postby LakeShow09 on Mon May 25, 2009 10:35 pm

fklukewalton wrote:i just played a game of NBA2k9 and killed the nuggets by 18 just to make myself feel better. sasha was 4/7 for 12 points...talk about laughable.

How did Luke do? :man12: :man12:
LakeShow09

Postby LakeShow09 on Mon May 25, 2009 10:35 pm

fklukewalton wrote:i just played a game of NBA2k9 and killed the nuggets by 18 just to make myself feel better. sasha was 4/7 for 12 points...talk about laughable.

How did Luke do? :man12: :man12:
LakeShow09

Postby Slade366 on Mon May 25, 2009 10:35 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
leftymo wrote:
Sgt. Pepper wrote:

He used the phrase "true fan" or "real fan", which is basically the same. Also, I don't understand how you are arguing about ridding the forum of fanship police, then writng how the number shows how much you care. There are a million reasons why one wouldn't have as large a post count as others. Maybe watching the game somewhere else, not having computer nearby, etc. It's an internet forum, it doesn't rate passion for the lakers.

You also have to understand, I listen to the interviews, read articles, etc., but I don't think that makes me a "true fan", that's just what I'm interested in, and that's what you are interested in as well. As long as you cheer on the lakers and watch their games with passion, that makes you a fan. So I do have to agree that the "fanship police" should be stopped as well.

It means that he made his account a while ago, and posted strong when the Lakers had good times and bad times, which means he sticks to his team no matter what. Which makes him a good fan. He didn't just start listen to interviews, read articles, etc. but has been doing it for years. I'm just saying that leftymo is defiantly a very dedicated Lakers fan, and just because he bets against the Lakers or gets mad after a lose, doesn't hurt his fan ship at all and can only strengthen it.
Slade366

Postby slowjoe on Mon May 25, 2009 10:43 pm

denver nuggets 120 lakers 101. go nuggets all the way, and put kobe bryant out for life. go nuggets. go nuggets. go nuggets. denver nuggets in 6 games. the lakers might as well hang there jerseys up until next season it is over for them.
slowjoe

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon May 25, 2009 10:44 pm

go die in a fire
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Lakers Advocate on Tue May 26, 2009 10:26 am

i had a feeling this was going to happen that's why i didn't log-in during the game,,,,,lol @ 105 pages...S*** gets crazy around here ..haha
Lakers Advocate

Postby Don 10 15 83 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:21 am

Is there a reason why this was never locked?
Don 10 15 83

Postby Ras Algethi on Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:40 pm

Locked!
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday