Mon. 2/01 - Lakers @ Grizzlies - Predictions & Comments

Re: Mon. 2/01 - Lakers @ Grizzlies - Comments & Predictions

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 am

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:It wasn't just that Memphis is on quite the surge right now - it's that Kobe tried to win the game himself. Looking at the box score..

Ron Artest - 6/9 FG -- 2/3 3PT -- 4/5 FT
Pau Gasol - 4/7 FG -- 0/0 3PT -- 2/5 FT
Andrew Bynum - 1/3 FG -- 0/0 3PT -- 3/4 FT
Kobe Bryant - 16/28 FG -- 4/7 3PT -- 8/13 FT
Derek Fisher - 1/6 FG -- 0/4 3PT -- 0/0 FT

That's just the starters .. NO ONE else on that team got more than 10 shots. You can't tell me that with all of the talent on that team.. that there's no other viable option than Kobe.

Don't get me wrong - he kept them in the game .. but if you look at past games .. when everyone else in the game is getting shots rather than Kobe trying to win the game by himself - it usually ends in a win.

Kobe needs to start getting his teammates involved.. or the lakers need to find someone who will. When one person (granted its Kobe Bryant) has more shots than all four of the other starters COMBINED .. you know somethings not right.

Just my two cents. I was at work when the game was on.. I got home and checked the box score first .. didn't bother to watch the game after I saw that.

:man3: So you're thinking L.A. needs to trade Kobe? Okie Dokie good luck with that. BTW we almost won that game you're gonna have games where other guys aren't affective enough like this this one, and we're gonna have games where free throws hurt us like this one. And we're gonna have games where the last play comes down to a make or miss on a pass play or our coach not calling time out to draw up a play like this one. Yeah 28 shots were a lot but come on, no one else was aggressive today in other words we would've won if that Ron Artest shot went in but it didn't these games happens.
Jazzygirl205

Postby ch3cky0selff00 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:58 am

that's what you gathered from my post? I'm not one of those fans that says "oh noez" trade someone now after a loss. I was merely stating when Kobe plays for himself rather than helping get his teammates going when they're not aggressive enough - that it usually ends in one of those losses. perhaps I'm wrong though? I didn't watch the game. I simply looked at the box score. when you see that one person has more shots than all of the other starters combined.. you tend to cone with the conclusion that Kobe reverted back to his days if not trusting teammates and trying to win the game by himself.

If I'm telling the truth.. lebron has the same habit. The difference with him is you can tell he makes an effort to get his teammates involved. That's evidenced by his more than 10 assists in the past few games.. and guess what? Those games ended in a win.

All I'm suggesting is he try and make it a habit of making his teammates play. 3 shots for bynum in the entire game? 7 shots for Gasol? come on now.. with the team the lakers have and the attention Kobe commands.. it should be a no-brainer.

Just in case you missed my point - I don't think we need to trade Kobe. I just think he needs to do a better job of creating oppurtunities for his teammates. Winning a game shouldn't be as hard as the lakers sometimes make it seem. Even if your teammates aren't being aggressive.. get them a few easy looks.. and that should change.
ch3cky0selff00

Postby DivineIcez on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:56 pm

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:It wasn't just that Memphis is on quite the surge right now - it's that Kobe tried to win the game himself. Looking at the box score..

That's just the starters .. NO ONE else on that team got more than 10 shots. You can't tell me that with all of the talent on that team.. that there's no other viable option than Kobe.

Don't get me wrong - he kept them in the game .. but if you look at past games .. when everyone else in the game is getting shots rather than Kobe trying to win the game by himself - it usually ends in a win.

Kobe needs to start getting his teammates involved.. or the lakers need to find someone who will. When one person (granted its Kobe Bryant) has more shots than all four of the other starters COMBINED .. you know somethings not right.

Just my two cents. I was at work when the game was on.. I got home and checked the box score first .. didn't bother to watch the game after I saw that.

Lol you're dumb

Ok lets get fisher involved. He has no assists, 1-6 (last shot made in the final 2 mins left of the game) and 0 rebounds

Gasol wasnt an option either. He bricks layups in front of his brother

Kobe and Artest were the only guys to trust. Kobe gave it to artest but he missed
DivineIcez

Postby Kobe mvp! on Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:17 pm

you didnt saw the game man! how can you say things about the game? are You listen to yourself?

Kobe gets his teammates involved, but they were awful, Pau was not aggressive at hall, always pass the ball, So what he did? take the game on him, like a leader. nothing wrong with that.
Kobe mvp!

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday