Mon. 5/4 - Lakers vs. HOU - Game 1 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Mon. 5/4 - Lakers vs. HOU - Game 1 - Predictions/Comments

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:39 pm

leftymo-you keep ignoring my posts and i think i know why. you just keep giving adding negative posts...whats the deal? too busy making yourself cry over this loss?
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby leftymo on Mon May 04, 2009 10:41 pm

knm131 wrote:
leftymo wrote:
two0one7 wrote:

So you're no longer a Laker fan because of one poor game. Got it.

typo, meant to write Houston. (instead of anyone)

But tell me one thing. Why can't you keep this on the Lakers? Answer that.

If you're so concerned about keeping this on the Lakers, why did you write a post "3 more for Houston"?

I don't see how that's at ALL related to the Lakers, especially from someone so concerned about keeping the thread about the Lakers.

knm can't read either eh? 3 more for Houston is the wakeup call that the Lakers aren't in control of this series. They've lost homecourt and don't play defense. Losing game 1 was a bad defeat. It's not like losing game 3...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby SaintsLFC13 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:41 pm

shehatesme wrote:I hope Manchester United wins or get a draw tomorrow so they can get to the ECL final. lol that's the only thing to look forward to now.

I hope they lose 3-0 and with injuries to Rio, Vidic, and rooney

God I hate those ****s

On tonight's game, it was just a bad day. Kobe didn't want to drive, the other guys weren't hitting their shots.

We'll pick it up wednesday and probably overachieve. It's just how we play.
SaintsLFC13

Postby MrAdam on Mon May 04, 2009 10:42 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:leftymo-you keep ignoring my posts and i think i know why. you just keep giving adding negative posts...whats the deal? too busy making yourself cry over this loss?

His takes on The Lakers have been some of the most sensible on this forum all year. Everything he's said tonight's been echoed in previous gameday posts.

Let the man state his case.
MrAdam

Postby knm131 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:42 pm

leftmyo wrote:
knm131 wrote:If you're so concerned about keeping this on the Lakers, why did you write a post "3 more for Houston"?

I don't see how that's at ALL related to the Lakers, especially from someone so concerned about keeping the thread about the Lakers.

knm can't read either eh? 3 more for Houston is the wakeup call that the Lakers aren't in control of this series. They've lost homecourt and don't play defense. Losing game 1 was a bad defeat. It's not like losing game 3...

Let's keep the topic about the Lakers though. Thanks!
knm131

Postby postaboy on Mon May 04, 2009 10:43 pm

I have always thought that winning the 1st game is a must especially you're at home. Man, I'm going to have a hard time sleeping tonight. I already received a text message from both of my coworkers and since the lakers' lost i have to buy them lunch tomorrow.
postaboy

Postby leftymo on Mon May 04, 2009 10:43 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:leftymo-you keep ignoring my posts and i think i know why. you just keep giving adding negative posts...whats the deal? too busy making yourself cry over this loss?

sorry man, can't read everything...

cry over this loss. I'm sure its difficult for you to understand but I am a sore loser. I hate losing... i don't lose...

this loss will stay with me, in fact I should be sleeping right now but will be up to listen to all the press game on NBA TV...

It's 1:42 am here... gotta be up in 4-5 hrs...

Granted I was talking major trash on the Rockets boards, but to see LA lay an egg is depressing. The team was outplayed, not prepared to play but in the post game conference Phil isn't worried. Good, b/c the series doesn't start until the road team wins. Houston just did that.

Maybe the Lakers can win one in Houston to try and salvage this series.
leftymo

Postby knm131 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:44 pm

MrAdam wrote:

His takes on The Lakers have been some of the most sensible on this forum all year. Everything he's said tonight's been echoed in previous gameday posts.

If by sensible you mean laughable, then I concur 100%.

He also said he wouldn't win 50 games last season.
knm131

Postby postaboy on Mon May 04, 2009 10:45 pm

let's hope the hawks whoop the cavs tomorrow
postaboy

Postby knm131 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:45 pm

leftymo wrote:

Maybe the Lakers can win one in Houston to try and salvage this series.

Did someone hijack your account? =)

Nice to see something reasonable like that coming from ya. Kudos bro.
knm131

Postby leftymo on Mon May 04, 2009 10:45 pm

knm131 wrote:
leftmyo wrote:
knm131 wrote:If you're so concerned about keeping this on the Lakers, why did you write a post "3 more for Houston"?

Let's keep the topic about the Lakers though. Thanks!

had to stoop to your level.

sorry.

Lakers are behind in the series and things don't go too well for them as history shows when they trail.

That is true for Phil Jackson as well.

Kobe, Pau, and the entire team looked like they had a week off. Or maybe Houston is just playing better ball.
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Mon May 04, 2009 10:47 pm

postaboy wrote:let's hope the hawks whoop the cavs tomorrow

not happening.

cavs play defense.

last year's NBA champs won game 1 every time.
leftymo

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:47 pm

MrAdam wrote:

I'm not saying he can't state his case. I'm asking himw hy he has to bomb the forum wtih extremely negative posts. We just lost a game and everyone is down and no one wants to keep hearing negative things about the lakers. im not saying he has to sugar coat the loss. we lost, we payed badly. lets move on. why do we needa see stats about how the lakers r 6-8 when they go down 0-1? Thats common sense..how many teams in the NBA are above .500 whent ehy lose the first game in a series? probably not that many. Emotins are at teh highest after a loss especially on this board. half the bandwagonw ill leave tonight only to return after game 2. you can bet my life on that. Everyone here knows the lakers played poorly...from kobe to sasha...everyone played badly and came out flat. My issue with his posts? he is giving up on a team that he seems to say he cares about and loves to watch. its disheartening as another laker fan seeing another fan give up so easily (and yes this is QUITE easily the quickest ive seen anyone give up). Why do we need those type of comments around after a loss? Tell me that. Why? wat value does it add? Just like bias comments like oh well be aite lakers in 4 for the rest of the playoffs. those r ignorant posts too. im asking people to have a level head for ONCE after aloss. i do this every time we lose and it never seems to change.
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

Postby leftymo on Mon May 04, 2009 10:49 pm

knm131 wrote:
MrAdam wrote:

If by sensible you mean laughable, then I concur 100%.

He also said he wouldn't win 50 games last season.

Yeah, and that Fish wouldn't be a major upgrade over (parker)...

That Bynum wouldn't develop, that Rasheed wouldn't be all that good in the NBA, and that Pau would be too soft and that I'd prefer KG or JO over Pau...

I'm trying to think of one thing Knm has said worth remembering... sorry crickets...
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Mon May 04, 2009 10:52 pm

OCLakersFan247 wrote:
MrAdam wrote:

I'm not saying he can't state his case. I'm asking himw hy he has to bomb the forum wtih extremely negative posts. We just lost a game and everyone is down and no one wants to keep hearing negative things about the lakers. im not saying he has to sugar coat the loss. we lost, we payed badly. lets move on. why do we needa see stats about how the lakers r 6-8 when they go down 0-1? Thats common sense..how many teams in the NBA are above .500 whent ehy lose the first game in a series? probably not that many. Emotins are at teh highest after a loss especially on this board. half the bandwagonw ill leave tonight only to return after game 2. you can bet my life on that. Everyone here knows the lakers played poorly...from kobe to sasha...everyone played badly and came out flat. My issue with his posts? he is giving up on a team that he seems to say he cares about and loves to watch. its disheartening as another laker fan seeing another fan give up so easily (and yes this is QUITE easily the quickest ive seen anyone give up). Why do we need those type of comments around after a loss? Tell me that. Why? wat value does it add? Just like bias comments like oh well be aite lakers in 4 for the rest of the playoffs. those r ignorant posts too. im asking people to have a level head for ONCE after aloss. i do this every time we lose and it never seems to change.

b/c you can't change the minds or opinions of others. The sooner you realize that the better off you'll be.

I added stats that don't look too good, but its only one game. LA did overcome Philly in 2001 after a long hiatus.

Lastly, what did you "add"? nothing either. You are no more free to post on this board than I am.

Suppression of opinion on this board is reaching cataclismic proportions (if that's even a word!)
leftymo

Postby lalfan on Mon May 04, 2009 10:55 pm

leftymo wrote:

not happening.

cavs play defense.

exactly, offense comes and goes but defense is always there even when your shots not falling. we definitely could use a solid defensive effort tonite. but mentioning defense and phil jackson in the same sentence just makes want to puke.
lalfan

Postby karacha on Mon May 04, 2009 10:56 pm

leftymo wrote:cataclismic proportions (if that's even a word!)

Nope. It's cataclysmic.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon May 04, 2009 11:07 pm

Man I want to fast forward to Wednesday. Home losses in the playoffs are KILLER. 100000x worse than the regular season.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby postaboy on Mon May 04, 2009 11:10 pm

lalfan wrote:
leftymo wrote:

not happening.

cavs play defense.

exactly, offense comes and goes but defense is always there even when your shots not falling. we definitely could use a solid defensive effort tonite. but mentioning defense and phil jackson in the same sentence just makes want to puke.

aye you never know. i was 100% sure that the lakers would win today, but look what happened tonight. the hawks have nothing to lose so i'm sure they will play hard like the rockets did and try to take game one. Also, the cavs have been off for a weak or so, most likely will be rusty in the 1st quarter and i''m sure the hawks will try to take a advantage of it. Hawks and probably the magics are the only team that can hang with the cavs.
postaboy

Postby Lakerjones on Mon May 04, 2009 11:16 pm

leftymo wrote:

I thought this all started with you telling me this wasn't a wakeup call. You said it was just that Houston is a better team.

Sure, I'm frustrated, too but I'm not going to go crazy about it. The team that wanted it more tonight showed it. Lakers didn't match the drive or the energy. They have the best team right now in basketball but I will agree that so far in these playoffs they haven't shown a whole lot of heart and determination. Let's face it - they coasted against the Jazz. And they tried to coast this game. They will need to show a lot more if they want to win it all because it will only get harder in the next rounds. Houston is offensively challenged and yet we let them outscore us by a pretty large margin. We made Aaron Brooks look like an all star, we made Artest look like a high percentage shooter and we let Landry score at will. Granted Yao is going to get his, but we've got to bring these other guys back down to earth. They aren't as good offensively as we made them look. In fact they're pretty bad. Time to play some D in game 2.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby jayy_zee on Mon May 04, 2009 11:37 pm

leftymo wrote:
I added stats that don't look too good, but its only one game. LA did overcome Philly in 2001 after a long hiatus.

That tidbit is true, but that laker team had a killer instinct not to mention it knew how to play defense. This team has neither, full of soft players and an aging point guard who should be drawing social security. Phil Jackson really isn't that great of a coach, just the benefactor of great players in the past. I'm not a fairweather fan, just a frustrated fan stating facts. It is just one game and i hope and believe they will turn it around, i just got a funny feeling tho that the Lakers won't be holding up that golden trophy in June.
jayy_zee

Postby GinoDB on Mon May 04, 2009 11:58 pm

8+24= Magic wrote:Lets go Dodgers!

I heard about them doing good, some kind of winning streak or something

too bad baseball sucks, cuz it would be nice if some other sport can make me forget about this game till we get the
lead in the series
GinoDB

Postby G|B|G|B on Tue May 05, 2009 12:33 am

one thing i hate is the over confidence that we are going to win game 2
remeber back in 2004 when we played the pistons, we lost game 1, and everyone thought we should win 4 in a row, just because we did it to philly in 2001?

yeah not happening, we have to earn that.
come out to game 2 playing as if it were game 7, and then we will see what happens. if lakers respond by a blowout of 30+ of more, then thats GREAT! but if we are still struggling, then we are screwed.
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue May 05, 2009 12:45 am

I missed the last few minutes, gotta work..good thing too, heartbreak sucks..Hopefully Pau regains his manhood, and stop playing like a puss
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kb24_laker4_life on Tue May 05, 2009 12:48 am

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] I can't seem to get over this loss. I just want it to be Wednesday so we can hopefully redeem ourselves.
"Thats one thing I learned from Kobe, never to give up." - LO
kb24_laker4_life

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight