Mon. 1/18 - Lakers vs. Magic - Predictions & Comments

Re: Mon. 1/18 - Lakers vs. Magic - Comments & Predictions

Postby Venti Quattro on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am

Helljumper wrote:I wonder what Bynum and Dwight were saying to each other right now.

AB - "Can't wait to face you four times a season when I get traded to Toronto"

DH- "I can't either...four monster games for me!"
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby flea_lakers on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am

If we can win this game with a so-so Kobe is because we are a championship team :bow:
flea_lakers

Postby jbum on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am

leftymo wrote:Kobe will have to be a little more of a facilitator on this road trip.

It's one thing to be a warrior and play through pain and injuries, its another to play like you are healthy to the detriment of your team.

LA has loads of talent on the inside. Plenty of 20 point scorers...

C'mon Lakeshow. I think they'll go 5-3 on this road trip but would love a 6-2 or 7-1 trip.

i thnk you're right. we won most of our games easily when we play as a team and let everyone score and be part of the offensive system.

if kobe doesn't try to take over games and involve everyone, we will be hard to cover. we will see success.

i just hope that's how it goes on this road trip.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby postaboy on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 am

Good Job Lakers!

Now, I have to spend the next 3 days listening to Kobe haters how the Lakers don't need him/the Lakers are far more talented than Lebron's team, ballhogged, MVP my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], He's declining, fake injury etc. on ESPN/realgms.
postaboy

Postby TT24 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
TT24 wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
I don't think Kobe could play this badly again if he tried.

And that is?

come on dude it's obvious. Kobe hasn't had a stretch like this where every single game is a bad shooting game for a LONG time, actually this might be the worst ever. Whether it's age, injuries, or a combination of both it's obvious that he can't go all out like he used to.

Phil said Kobe hasn't practiced, and that may be why his shot is off.
TT24

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 am

Yep, guy has a broken finger on his shooting hand but still can manage to put up 42 points. He's not the same because he's coming off of back spasms (you try playing back to back games with freakin' back spasms!!), strained elbow, broken finger . . . come on now. I've never seen anyone gut it out like Kobe. But there will be nights like tonight where he's going to show the wear and tear. Bless him for strapping on those shoes and going out there anyway. He's the greatest warrior you'll have the good luck to see every single game.

Why are you trying to deny a fact? Kobe is not going to be Kobe forever. And these are early signs of it. HE'S 31 YEARS OLD AND HAS PLAYED 14 SEASONS. Why do Laker fans take all my comments about him declining up the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] so much? It's nothing against Kobe it's just how life goes. Yeah maybe he will rebound from this and start shooting well again but that doesn't mean he's "back to being Kobe" forever.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby 7cody on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 am

Lakerjones wrote:
7cody wrote:^ Kobe is fine physically. Phil said that he hasn't been practicing lately, once he hits the gym and gets a few practice sessions under his belt then he'll be fine.

Besides, this is nothing new, Kobe does this every year. He has a couple bad stretches where he'll shoot extremely poorly. Usually he starts dominating again come February.

Sure, Kobe's been physically fine for a few weeks now right? :man3:

Where does BROKEN FINGER ON YOUR SHOOTING HAND and BACK SPASMS = physically fine? :man10: :man10: :man10:

Relax, did you listen to Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant themselves? They both said that Kobe is just fine. Of course he has a splint on his finger, but his back is not bothering him at the moment.

Do you want me to repeat what Phil Jackson said himself? Do you also want me to repeat what Kobe Bryant has said? Or do you know more about Kobe's physical state than he does?

Keep trying.
7cody

Postby gonitype123 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:17 am

Venti Quattro wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
Yep, guy has a broken finger on his shooting hand but still can manage to put up 42 points. He's not the same because he's coming off of back spasms (you try playing back to back games with freakin' back spasms!!), strained elbow, broken finger . . . come on now. I've never seen anyone gut it out like Kobe. But there will be nights like tonight where he's going to show the wear and tear. Bless him for strapping on those shoes and going out there anyway. He's the greatest warrior you'll have the good luck to see every single game.

dude, no point in wasting your time with a troll...just let it go...everyone knows the truth about Mamba

Seriously...they were on a roll today. :bang:
gonitype123

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:19 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:come on dude it's obvious. Kobe hasn't had a stretch like this where every single game is a bad shooting game for a LONG time, actually this might be the worst ever. Whether it's age, injuries, or a combination of both it's obvious that he can't go all out like he used to.

You mean the last three games, when he was 22-41 on FGs?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:19 am

Okay this thread has become depressing **leaving**
Jazzygirl205

Postby jbum on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:20 am

postaboy wrote:Good Job Lakers!

Now, I have to spend the next 3 days listening to Kobe haters how the Lakers don't need him/the Lakers are far more talented than Lebron's team, ballhogged, MVP my [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], He's declining, fake injury etc. on ESPN/realgms.

you'll never win an argument against people wanting to hate. they're ignorant and stupid.

kobe in his decline is still the best NBA player currently. What does that say about Lebron?
He's got a lot of work to do. I think Lebron's almost reached his prime and will stay there for a few years.
Unless he improves dramatically over how he's playing at this moment, he'll never be at the same level as Kobe was in his prime... the intensity and killer instinct this dude had... with his athletic skill. it seemed unfair for the competition at times.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 am

7cody wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:
7cody wrote:^ Kobe is fine physically. Phil said that he hasn't been practicing lately, once he hits the gym and gets a few practice sessions under his belt then he'll be fine.

Besides, this is nothing new, Kobe does this every year. He has a couple bad stretches where he'll shoot extremely poorly. Usually he starts dominating again come February.

Sure, Kobe's been physically fine for a few weeks now right? :man3:

Where does BROKEN FINGER ON YOUR SHOOTING HAND and BACK SPASMS = physically fine? :man10: :man10: :man10:

Relax, did you listen to Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant themselves? They both said that Kobe is just fine. Of course he has a splint on his finger, but his back is not bothering him at the moment.

Do you want me to repeat what Phil Jackson said himself? Do you also want me to repeat what Kobe Bryant has said? Or do you know more about Kobe's physical state than he does?

Keep trying.

Did he really look physically fine to you? Have you ever played through or after back spasms? It's not an easy recovery believe me. I'm no pro but back spasms are brutal to recover from. He's still got a broken finger. And the fact that he hasn't practiced in DAYS is your clue that Phil is stretching the truth which he does from time to time if you hadn't noticed. If Kobe is taking days off of practice (he has the most hardcore work ethic of anyone playing) that means he is NOT RIGHT. That means he's trying to recover. Again, did he look right?

Don't tell me to relax when fools here are saying that KOBE is done. That's freaking garbage. That's idiotic.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby 7cody on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 am

Good lord, what is the average age on this forum? This happens every year, once Kobe plays a few bad games it's "Oh my gosh, Kobe is on the decline. He's over. He's lost a step. What are we going to do?! OHNOES!"

Kobe is fine. He's not going to decline for at least 4-6 years.
7cody

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:23 am

trodgers wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:come on dude it's obvious. Kobe hasn't had a stretch like this where every single game is a bad shooting game for a LONG time, actually this might be the worst ever. Whether it's age, injuries, or a combination of both it's obvious that he can't go all out like he used to.

^^^ Precisely - JMSS, you are the one appearing to deny the facts. Your attempt to shovel dirt on Kobe's career is currently failing despite his awful night tonight.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby 7cody on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:25 am

Lakerjones wrote:
7cody wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Keep trying.

Did he really look physically fine to you? Have you ever played through or after back spasms? It's not an easy recovery believe me. I'm no pro but back spasms are brutal to recover from. He's still got a broken finger. And the fact that he hasn't practiced in DAYS is your clue that Phil is stretching the truth which he does from time to time if you hadn't noticed. If Kobe is taking days off of practice (he has the most hardcore work ethic of anyone playing) that means he is NOT RIGHT. That means he's trying to recover. Again, did he look right?

Don't tell me to relax when fools here are saying that KOBE is done. That's freaking garbage. That's idiotic.

We both agree that that the fools who are saying Kobe is "done" are idiotic. So what else is their to argue about? If you think you know more about Kobe's current (notice I said current, not past) physical state than he does himself, then that's ok.

This happens every single year... he's had plenty of 4-20 shooting nights, etc. And yes, Kobe looked ok, he actually played pretty good EXCEPT for his very, very poor shooting. They were just off. It happens. And Phil's excuse for that is that he hasn't been practicing lately (obviously due to back spasms, bruised elbow and other injuries) but as of tonight he said himself that he feels fine.
7cody

Postby gonitype123 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:26 am

7cody wrote:Good lord, what is the average age on this forum? This happens every year, once Kobe plays a few bad games it's "Oh my gosh, Kobe is on the decline. He's over. He's lost a step. What are we going to do?! OHNOES!"

On gameday thread, probably 13-14.
gonitype123

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:27 am

7cody wrote:Good lord, what is the average age on this forum? This happens every year, once Kobe plays a few bad games it's "Oh my gosh, Kobe is on the decline. He's over. He's lost a step. What are we going to do?! OHNOES!"

^^ Now that I can completely agree with! :jam2:

Sorry, I was just getting incredibly frustrated with people dumping on Kobe in this forum. To me tonight's subpar game seemed to be attributed to all of the injuries - whether it was the time he took off practice to recover from the injuries, or the injuries themselves bothering him tonight, it all seems to have run its course on him. Thankfully he still did other things well as pointed out by TRodgers.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:30 am

Does this somehow negate the fact that he shot horrifically bad in the games before that? (Houston, Clippers, Portland, Bucks, and now Orlando). I have never seen Kobe have games of 10-30, 14-39, 4-21, 4-19 all with in the same month. But again, it's okay so long as he doesn't do that in the play offs because we seem to be fine right now.

Listen I get that you're a Kobe fan and all (I am too) but you just sound like a kid in denial right now. Kobe won't decline for FOUR TO SIX YEARS? Maybe he's not a broken down old fossil but he certainly isn't the Kobe from 2006, that's not even debatable.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby BadCoaching on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:32 am

Ppeople claiming Kobe is old and in a decline.

He'll be just fine and lead this league with true professionalism and leadership for years to come. He's not going anywhere. He's yet to even breathe on a real post role, something he'll master and excel at no doubt.
BadCoaching

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:35 am

like a dagger in my heart...
GoldHammish

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:36 am

Does this somehow negate the fact that he shot horrifically bad in the games before that? (Houston, Clippers, Portland, Bucks, and now Orlando). I have never seen Kobe have games of 10-30, 14-39, 4-21, 4-19 all with in the same month. But again, it's okay so long as he doesn't do that in the play offs because we seem to be fine right now.

No, but when you argue, you should use facts.

Incidentally, did you watch TNT after the game? Kenny pointed out that Kobe couldn't use his finger to tie his shorts. Sounds like he's physically fine to me. So this conversation should now end.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:40 am

You do realize that Kobe is playing with a splint on a BROKEN FINGER OF HIS SHOOTING HAND, right? Please remember that before he broke his finger, this had been his best FG% year I believe in his career. Am I right anyone? TRodgers? I don't know, I thought he was shooting somewhere around 47%. Maybe I'm wrong. Come to think of it I am wrong. You're right. KOBE sucks. I've just been in denial.

Oh wait, I'm beginning to remember who you are now. You're the guy who said in another post that Lebronze is the best player in the world. Oh, yeah . . . it's coming back now. His team lost that game by the way.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:41 am

It was his best season, even entering today's game (tied with 01/02).
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:42 am

Case closed I think on the Lebronze fan.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:43 am

Dwight brought out some new moves to show us tonight. Bynum certainly wasn't familiar with them. However, once we doubled him, the Magic forgot about him.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday