Mon. 1/18 - Lakers vs. Magic - Predictions & Comments

Re: Mon. 1/18 - Lakers vs. Magic - Comments & Predictions

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:45 am

revgen wrote:Dwight brought out some new moves to show us tonight. Bynum certainly wasn't familiar with them. However, once we doubled him, the Magic forgot about him.

His best repertoire I've seen. By far.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:49 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
You mean the last three games, when he was 22-41 on FGs?

Does this somehow negate the fact that he shot horrifically bad in the games before that? (Houston, Clippers, Portland, Bucks, and now Orlando). I have never seen Kobe have games of 10-30, 14-39, 4-21, 4-19 all with in the same month. But again, it's okay so long as he doesn't do that in the play offs because we seem to be fine right now.

7cody wrote:Good lord, what is the average age on this forum? This happens every year, once Kobe plays a few bad games it's "Oh my gosh, Kobe is on the decline. He's over. He's lost a step. What are we going to do?! OHNOES!"

Kobe is fine. He's not going to decline for at least 4-6 years.

Listen I get that you're a Kobe fan and all (I am too) but you just sound like a kid in denial right now. Kobe won't decline for FOUR TO SIX YEARS? Maybe he's not a broken down old fossil but he certainly isn't the Kobe from 2006, that's not even debatable.

:man10:
Jazzygirl205

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:52 am

good win tonight, the defense could have been better at times but they got the win. good game by shannon
432J

Postby kray28 on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:02 am

leftymo wrote:It's these rare games by Kobe at home (and more common on the road) that separates him from Magic Johnson...

why he's not going to be the best laker of all time.

ORLY? Would that be the same Magic who pulled his hammy in the 1989 Finals and watched the Lakers get swept?

Think Kobe would have allowed that? Dude has a broken finger and a sore back....I think he gets a pass.
kray28

Postby GhostAnime on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:14 am

Magic fan here.

Great game fellas. Shannon Brown and Farmar really came through. Liked Howard's game in the first half. Barnes hustled.

Good luck against the Cavs.
GhostAnime

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 am

Lakerjones wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
You mean the last three games, when he was 22-41 on FGs?

Does this somehow negate the fact that he shot horrifically bad in the games before that? (Houston, Clippers, Portland, Bucks, and now Orlando). I have never seen Kobe have games of 10-30, 14-39, 4-21, 4-19 all with in the same month. But again, it's okay so long as he doesn't do that in the play offs because we seem to be fine right now.

You do realize that Kobe is playing with a splint on a BROKEN FINGER OF HIS SHOOTING HAND, right? Please remember that before he broke his finger, this had been his best FG% year I believe in his career. Am I right anyone? TRodgers? I don't know, I thought he was shooting somewhere around 47%. Maybe I'm wrong. Come to think of it I am wrong. You're right. KOBE sucks. I've just been in denial.

Oh wait, I'm beginning to remember who you are now. You're the guy who said in another post that Lebronze is the best player in the world. Oh, yeah . . . it's coming back now. His team lost that game by the way.

Where did I ever say Kobe sucks? Why put words in my mouth just to make me look like the bad guy instead one of the few Laker fans who doesn't mind speaking the truth about Kobe. I don't get why it's so hard for some of you admit he isn't what he used to be. Maybe you've forgotten but over the past few seasons Kobe has always started off hot from the field and then it levels off. But with the talent he has around him now there's no reason for him to have to shoot so poorly knowing that he's injured. He's not taking good shots, he takes too many difficult shots and if it weren't for Shannon+Farmar saving us in this game we would have lost and Kobe wouldn't have been able to save us because he can't shoot the damn ball right now.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:33 am

trodgers wrote:Incidentally, did you watch TNT after the game? Kenny pointed out that Kobe couldn't use his finger to tie his shorts. Sounds like he's physically fine to me. So this conversation should now end.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday