Mon. 3/15 vs. Magic - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby K8BE on Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:59 pm

blowout!!!! :jam2: even if t-mac scores 40+!
User avatar
K8BE

 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:05 am

Postby K8BE on Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:02 pm

i want us to be on the no. 4 spot so we can kick the a$$e$ of those queens out in the 2nd round and they won't play the west finals!!! :man1: :man1: :man1:
User avatar
K8BE

 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:05 am

Postby queen_hater on Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:28 pm

K8BE wrote:i want us to be on the no. 4 spot so we can kick the a$$e$ of those queens out in the 2nd round and they won't play the west finals!!! :man1: :man1: :man1:


same here. if they play the wolves or spurs we will lose the priveledge of kickin' some queen @$$. queens are too soft for the playoffs any of the top teams will give them a beatin :man10:
Image

this is how a 4 time nba champ gets it done
User avatar
queen_hater

 
Posts: 381
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:34 am
Location: LA baby!!!!!

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:52 pm

T-Mac, not counting his 62 points, has had pretty erratic shooting lately...if he can keep that streak going, and if our team can piece it all together, then we shall win...this is the team with similar records to Chicago though, and we had a hard time beating the Bulls...but this is home, and T-Mac has no supporters, unless you count Juwan Howard. Drew Gooden has lost confidence and we get to see Tyronn Lue (former Laker alert) and DeShawn Stevenson. Other than that there's nothing major, I just hope that the Lakers don't stoop down to "their opposition's level" and take this game seriously
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff
 
Posts: 7020
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby o0O kb8 O0o on Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:24 pm

lets hope we dunt play to "the level of our competition"
User avatar
o0O kb8 O0o

 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:19 pm
Location: yAy area

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:30 pm

I expect Shaq to have a big game against his former team. They have no one to guard him, it should be fun. Payton should have an easy time with Lue. I think GP, Malone, and Shaq will carry the offensive load.

Hopefully Kobe guards T-Mac, so he can limit him to some degree, Fox should be able to handle Stevenson.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93538
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby K8BE on Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:17 pm

Shaq 30 pts and 18 rebs 5 asts
Kobe 20 pts 10 rebs 8 asts
Karl 14 pts 15 rebs 8 asts
Gary 12 pts 5 rebs 12 asts
:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
User avatar
K8BE

 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:05 am

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:19 pm

Even though Kobe's still sort of injured, his defense on the opposition has been superb. He might actually hold T-Mac down under 25 if he plays him.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby K8BE on Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:50 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Even though Kobe's still sort of injured, his defense on the opposition has been superb. He might actually hold T-Mac down under 25 if he plays him.


can't wait to see those two superstars play each other!!!! :boxing1:
User avatar
K8BE

 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:05 am

Postby JSM on Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:00 pm

Image

Payton/Lue: why the Magic got rid of Strickland, I will never know. He played well against us last time and now they are putting a lot of faith in the former Laker. Lue is good, but he can't hack it with the big boys (Kidd, GP, Marbury, etc.). He won't be able to slow down, much less stop Payton. Payton is a lot bigger point guard. I expect Gary to back Tyronn down a lot and then shoot shots over him. Payton shouldn't have any trouble getting to the basket, Lue can't stop him and they have no big men. I think Gary will get more than 10 points tonight, try more like 20 points and around 10 assists. Payton should be able to hold Lue to 6 points. If Lue scores any more it will be when Fisher is in. Gaines won't be a problem for GP either.

Kobe/T-Mac: Kobe has the toughest matchup of the night, they might not even put him on T-Mac, but for the sake of the Lakers and the fans, let's hope they do. This is what everyone wants to see and this will silence any who think T-Mac is better than Kobe (I know as hard as that is to believe, a few people around here think that). Kobe scored 35 against the Bulls, I expect him to drop 30 on T-Mac. Kobe will probably play T-Mac tightly and limit his points. I guess T-Mac won't be happy, because he won't be dropping no 35 points, 25 maybe. T-Mac will try to play what he calls D against Kobe, but I don't think it will work very well. Kobe will have the overall better game and show who's better.

Fox/Stevenson: Fox will lose this matchup. It's not that Stevenson is some great player, it's Fox has been out of it lately and hasn't been seeing a lot of minutes. Stevenson is a quick scorer and that's what he will do against us, score. I wouldn't be worried, he can't score that much even if he got the ball more than once or twice. The only way he will get a lot of possessions is if he pries the ball from T-Mac's lifeless fingers, because T-Mac isn't going to be giving the ball up to nobody against Kobe and the Lakers. Fox will play some good D while he is in and do a lot of the things that don't make it onto the stat sheet. We can only hope Fox doesn't have to guard T-Mac though, or he will get burned and burned badly. Hopefully Luke and Russell will play some key minutes off the bench, because if George comes in and starts shooting, the game will be over, since he hasn't made a basket in 4 games and I don't look for that to change any time soon. Russell should be able to get some open looks against the Magic. And let's hope Luke has the same type of game he had against them last time, because it was simply amazing (especially the passing).

Malone/Howard & Gooden: Malone was able to hold his own against KG, probably the MVP. I don't think an overrated former Nugget will be able to pose a threat to Malone and Gooden shouldn't give him any problems either. Malone will make both of these big men non factors. He will out hustle, out rebound, and out play them. Hopefully Malone shots is coming back, it would be nice if he could hit some jumpers for us, but if he doesn't it isn't like we won't be able to win. I expect a 15 point, 14 rebound, and 6 assist night out of the Mailman against the magic-less Magic.

Shaq/DeClercq, Rooks. Hunter, & Pachulia: this should be funny. Shaq has been getting the big men he has gone against into foul trouble recently. They could put all 4 of these guys on him at the same time and it wouldn't be a challenge. DeClercq is foul prone, Rooks is old, Hunter is too thin to guard Shaq, and Zaza won't know what on earth he is doing against him. Shaq will have a dominant game against these big men. Not a one of them can guard him, without fouling and they are not an offensive threat either. It looks like GP and Shaq have it easy. Shaq should be able to get at least 28 and 16 either in his sleep or without breaking a sweat---whichever he chooses. I hope the Magic have fun try to throw whatever the got at him and all of them being in foul trouble the whole game. I wouldn't be surprised if T-Mac ends up having to guard Shaq in the 4th, because everyone else is in foul trouble.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93538
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Bulls Fan on Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:17 am

Lakers - 111
Magic - 108

expect T-mac and Kobe to battle it out for points...too bad magic suck
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Image
User avatar
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls
 
Posts: 1209
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:49 pm
Location: Southern California

Postby futurefelonKobe on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:19 pm

Expect McGrady to once again prove he's better than Kobe. But oh yeah, Kobe's got 3 rings from riding Shaq and Phil's coattails all these years so I guess that'll be your argument for why Kobe's better right? McGrady is the real deal. Kobe is nothing but a flash in the pan who has used Shaq and Phil to make a name for himself, like Scottie Pippen did with Michael and Phil. Once Scottie left Michael and Phil, he was nothing just like Kobe would be nothing without Shaq and Phil.
futurefelonKobe

 

Postby futurefelonKobe on Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:21 pm

I guess if push comes to shove and McGrady is dominating him, Kobe can always use the "injury" argument as the reason he wasn't as good as T-Mac. I expect the shoulder to start "bothering" him once again as the game progresses so he has a convenient excuse.
futurefelonKobe

 

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:10 pm

futurefelonKobe wrote:I guess if push comes to shove and McGrady is dominating him, Kobe can always use the "injury" argument as the reason he wasn't as good as T-Mac. I expect the shoulder to start "bothering" him once again as the game progresses so he has a convenient excuse.

And as the day ends, even if the Magic win, Kobe can sit back in the hotel room and admire the three rings on his fingers opposed to T-Mac, with no rings may I remind you, where he will he can ONLY admire a simple victory.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby newbie on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:12 pm

hey queens lover find something better to do than sit on other fan's websites and rag on them. god you're a loser, dont u have sac sight, ur so lame.
newbie

 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:45 pm

Postby havoc33 on Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:40 pm

futurefelonKobe wrote:Expect McGrady to once again prove he's better than Kobe. But oh yeah, Kobe's got 3 rings from riding Shaq and Phil's coattails all these years so I guess that'll be your argument for why Kobe's better right? McGrady is the real deal. Kobe is nothing but a flash in the pan who has used Shaq and Phil to make a name for himself, like Scottie Pippen did with Michael and Phil. Once Scottie left Michael and Phil, he was nothing just like Kobe would be nothing without Shaq and Phil.


Man you are stupid. Scottie Pippen used Jordan and Jackson to make a name of himself?? True, Pip was not a great player when he came into the league, but he had mad talent, and playing with Jordan helped him tremendously. Guarding the best in practice all the time is bound to teach you some things. As Steve Kerr said a few years ago, the Bulls practices were INTENSE with Pippen and Jordan squaring off. Pip's a future hall of famer and one of the top 50 ever, so don't even go there you loser.

I'm a big fan of Kobe, and I agree, you could argue for T-Mac being as good as, or even better than KB. But there's no hiding the fact that KB has already had an astonishing career, and he is no doubt a hall of famer. If he keeps on playing another 10 years, who knows how many rings he'll have, or all-time records broken?
User avatar
havoc33

 
Posts: 1186
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:40 am
Location: Norway

Postby phillylakerfan on Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:08 pm

Man it sucks living in east coast....dont get to see all the laker games :mad1: . Hopefully lakers will win though.
"Even Impossible says I M POSSIBLE"
User avatar
phillylakerfan

 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:09 am
Location: Philadelphia

Postby SnakeDoctor on Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:12 pm

Alright peeps, here it is:

The Lakers will BLOW OUT the Magic tonight!!! Look for the Lakers to win by 20+. Sure, TMac will have a big game, but who cares. The Magic are a bad team and the Lakers should have their way tonight.

Finally, look for the Mailman to have a big game tonight. By a big game, I mean a possible triple double (or darn close). Look for Karl to be handing out assists with the generosity of Santa Claus (or should I say, Santa Karl??). Also, another 25 and 10 game from the Diesel.

peace out mofos!!! :jam2:
User avatar
SnakeDoctor

 
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:53 pm
Location: The LBC

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:34 pm

Lakers barely blow out anyone. I think we'll win but not sure how the game will go. 4 hrs away from gamtime and I can't wait cause I haven't seen a game since this shizzy minn. game.
Image
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
User avatar
Andrew Evenstar

 
Posts: 5006
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:50 am
Location: Ventura, California

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:58 pm

Lakermagic wrote:Lakers barely blow out anyone. I think we'll win but not sure how the game will go. 4 hrs away from gamtime and I can't wait cause I haven't seen a game since this shizzy minn. game.

Yes, but they were blowing the best teams out when they had the "fab four", and even though they lost, their record together is 20-4.

I don't expect to lose more than a game the rest of the season, only if we stay healthy that is.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby K8BE on Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:13 pm

i like to have more games with worst teams! these kinds of games can help us rebuild as a team. the lakers can practice their plays more in these kinda games so when the games with top teams come, we can easily beat them!!! :man1:
User avatar
K8BE

 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:05 am

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:17 pm

K8BE wrote:i like to have more games with worst teams! these kinds of games can help us rebuild as a team. the lakers can practice their plays more in these kinda games so when the games with top teams come, we can easily beat them!!! :man1:

Nah, I disagree. I understand where your coming from, but for the Lakers, it's the exact opposite.

The Lakers play to the level of their competition, it's no surprise. And at times, they will get unmotivated when it comes to "scrub" teams - hence the Atlanta loss.

The Lakers seem to make these "scrub" teams hard. Plus, it's a known fact that these kind of teams always bring their 'A+' game against the Lakers each and every time...

We're the team to beat.
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby magicmoment on Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:31 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
K8BE wrote:i like to have more games with worst teams! these kinds of games can help us rebuild as a team. the lakers can practice their plays more in these kinda games so when the games with top teams come, we can easily beat them!!! :man1:

Nah, I disagree. I understand where your coming from, but for the Lakers, it's the exact opposite.

The Lakers play to the level of their competition, it's no surprise. And at times, they will get unmotivated when it comes to "scrub" teams - hence the Atlanta loss.

The Lakers seem to make these "scrub" teams hard. Plus, it's a known fact that these kind of teams always bring their 'A+' game against the Lakers each and every time...

We're the team to beat.


:deal:

i think the lakers should win today unless tmac drops another 62 pts! lol.. other than that, i think we're good
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!


add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
User avatar
magicmoment

 
Posts: 9197
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:21 pm
Location: S0UTH BAY --

Postby K8BE on Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:55 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
K8BE wrote:i like to have more games with worst teams! these kinds of games can help us rebuild as a team. the lakers can practice their plays more in these kinda games so when the games with top teams come, we can easily beat them!!! :man1:

Nah, I disagree. I understand where your coming from, but for the Lakers, it's the exact opposite.

The Lakers play to the level of their competition, it's no surprise. And at times, they will get unmotivated when it comes to "scrub" teams - hence the Atlanta loss.

The Lakers seem to make these "scrub" teams hard. Plus, it's a known fact that these kind of teams always bring their 'A+' game against the Lakers each and every time...

We're the team to beat.



Good point!

Can't wait to see the lakers in the playoffs!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
User avatar
K8BE

 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:05 am

Postby nbafan on Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:10 pm

futurefelonKobe wrote:Expect McGrady to once again prove he's better than Kobe. But oh yeah, Kobe's got 3 rings from riding Shaq and Phil's coattails all these years so I guess that'll be your argument for why Kobe's better right?


and Shaq rode Kobe and Phil's coattails.. and Phil rode superstars' coattails.. fact is, a team has to have the right mixture of talent and coaching to win..

Shaq had a good complimentary player in Penny and did nothing... fact is, he needed Kobe's confidence, and clutchness to help him get over the hurdle.. the OT game against the Pacers in the first title run, for example. that was the game that put the lakers over the edge, gave the young team some confidence.


McGrady is the real deal.

yeah, the real deal that only cares about stats and is the only superstar in the history leading his team to 19 consecutive losses..

Kobe is nothing but a flash in the pan who has used Shaq and Phil to make a name for himself


Kobe made a name for himself through his talents and great games in the playoffs, without which this team would not have have won championships.

Once Scottie left Michael and Phil, he was nothing just like Kobe would be nothing without Shaq and Phil.


we'll see about that.
nbafan

 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:46 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.