Mon. 10/25 vs. Sonics - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:30 pm

Kobe Called Ray Allen Yesterday To Talk Trash !

Seattle Times: According to a Lakers team source, Bryant telephoned Allen days ago and told him, "I'm gonna bust your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]," in anticipation of their 7:30 p.m. exhibition at the San Diego Sports Arena...."I hope he plays me hard," Allen said. "I would like to think that he's been doing that already because when I play against him, I go hard at him whether it was something that's been said in the newspaper or whatever"
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LukeWalton on Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:54 pm

hwo did this feud start?? i dlike kobe to bust out on a fury of facials and dominate this game
LukeWalton

Postby JSM on Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:56 pm

Chucky Atkins and Tierre Brown vs Luke Ridnour and Antonio Daniels: According to Sonics.com, Luke has been given the starting nod, so I would think this would go into action immediately. So, we have Chucky, who I am still waiting to do anything that will impress me, against one of the upcoming, young PGs in this league. I know Chucky's leg is bothering him or something, but they way he is playing is just not up to par for a Lakers starting PG, if he can't step it up, he is going to get us killed against the better PGs in the league, fortunately, Luke and Daniels are no All Stars. Luke won't have to do a lot to outplay Chucky. Our best bet tonight is for our backup PGs to get going, which is a lot more likely to happen than for Seed of Chucky to be able to contribute anything other than mediocrity. From how things are looking, Tierre will be our backup PG this season and he is exactly the type of PG we need on this team. He fits in perfectly with our fast paced offense, and really likes to get out and run, and can he run. He can break down a defense like a 6 year vet. He can get by All Star PGs, as he proved against Nash. Nothing can stop him from getting to the rim, and then if teams continue to let him, he gets an easy bucket, if not, he gets an easy assists. The nice thing tonight, is that Brown will be going against Daniels, who is not exactly one of the quicker PGs, he is more of a combo guard. I expect for Sasha to see minutes again, probably more than Tierre, but he won't be as impressive, like usual. Also, Bobbitt may see some limited minutes here, if so, it would be against Antonio.

Kobe Bryant vs Ray Allen: Allen started a war that he didn't want to start or win. He started running his mouth in the papers against Kobe, and it didn't sit well with Kobe. In fact, it has resulted in Kobe calling Ray up and telling him that he is going to bust his (butt). Don't think for a minute that Kobe isn't going to come out tonight ready to backup his statement and show Allen up. These two played against one another in the first pre-season game of the season, and Kobe dropped 35 on Ray "I might be gay" Allen, like it was nothing. This was the game that made most Laker fans jaws drop, Kobe was chunking up 3's like layups, and winning the personal matchup between Allen, only the Lakers lost this one. Tonight, I expect Kobe to have a big game to make a point, I would even venture to say he will get extremely close to the 40 point marker. Kobe played very few minutes last night against the Suns, at least for Kobe, he logged in 24 minutes, so he should be ready to go for this one. Allen has always enjoyed having a big outing against the Lakers, but I think the best thing that he could do tonight, is either fake an injury or make sure he looks photogenic enough, because he is going to end up on the backgrounds of a couple of posters by the time tonight's game is over. Kobe will need to play aggressive D, if he wants to not only score on Ray Allen over and over again, but also want to shut him down, not allowing him to get going offensively. Without Allen scoring, they are going to have a hard time getting numbers on the board, because Lewis is out for this game. Expect a very heated, very good matchup...Kobe wins, of course. Also, Murray will be playing whatever minutes that Ray doesn't, don't expect for it to be very many. I think it would be wise to put Tony Bobbitt on Ron, he is big enough and also quick enough to keep up with him and prevent him from being a big factor for the Sonics tonight. Bobbitt will also get his shots off, something he is no stranger to doing and will do, especially if Tierre is in the game to get him the open looks.

Caron Butler vs Vladimir Radmanovic: This won't be a great matchup for us. Caron is supposed to be wearing a splint, but it has been bothering him, so he won't wear it, if he doesn't have to. It was obvious that his finger was messed up when he was shooting the ball last night, but that didn't stop him from making an impact on the game against the Suns. When players can't find there shot and can't seem to score, they are supposed to find other means to get involved and Caron did just that, by grabbing 13 rebounds in 26 minutes of play. Vladimir is a taller player than than Caron, so that could give us some problems on both ends of the court. VR can rebound, shoot, and is more athletic than any of the other players that they could start in the place of Lewis. The one plus is that Radmanovic is a poor defender and that's putting it eloquently. Caron is more athletic and hustles more, so I think, even though he is playing injured, he can get the best out of this matchup. JJ and Luke will get some minutes here and there tonight, both should do well against Damien Wilkins.

Lamar Odom and Brian Grant vs Reggie Evans and Nick Collison: Lamar had a solid game last night, but still nothing that would make Laker fans think that he is on his way out of whatever slump he has gotten himself in. He has been effective passing the ball and on the glass, but he still can't buy a basket, whether it's a 2 pointer, 3 pointer, open shot, contested, inside, outside...it's not falling. Odom has it easy compared to last night, going from guarding Amare to Reggie. Evans strength is on the glass, his weakness is everywhere else. He has extremely limited offensive ability, so Odom should be able to shut him down. Maybe this could be a chance for Lamar to work some on his offensive game, trying to shake off whatever is going on with his game. Next comes Grant, if Grant can play how he did against Amare and the Suns, then he could make a push for the All Star team. He not only scored 22 points, but also grabbed 11 rebounds. Anyone else have flashbacks of the Portland Brian Grant? He is going against the rookie, Nick Collison, who is still trying to get into the swing of things. Put a stronger, bulkier PF on Nick and he will have to work extremely hard just to score a couple of buckets, get a few boards, and not foul out. Easy matchup for Grant. Then we can all be sure that the second year, pre-season phenomenon, Brian Cook will get some minutes too. His shot has been dead on, especially from long range. He has been aggressive on both ends, and playing very good D. He will likely be going against Fortson, unless Rudy decides to match Grant up against Fortson and Cook against Collison. Fortson is a big time hustle player, he likes physical ball, he likes to go after the boards, and the best thing Cook can do is draw him out and shoot on him.

Chris Mihm vs Vitaly Potapenko: Mihm's first game as a Lakers was Mihm-azing. If he can repeat those results against the same team, we are in for a treat. His last meeting with Pot-a-pen-ko ended with Chris having 5 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 blocks. He has been one of the most consistent/solid players for us this pre-season, I expect the same from him tonight. Hard work, giving it 110% on both ends, going after loose balls, making his shots, gobbling up missed Laker shots, tipping in any shots hanging around the basket, blocking shots, and stopping V-Italy...I know it's not that hard of a task, but someone's got to do it. Mihm will own him, just like the first time around. And we will continue to oooh and aaaaah at Mihm's amazing play this pre-season, as long as he doesn't revert to his Boston ways we are in great shape this season.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby S.R.05 on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:00 pm

ahahahah ray allen isnt playing...coulnt handle the pressure ray ray?
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Kb8theGreat on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:04 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:ahahahah ray allen isnt playing...coulnt handle the pressure ray ray?
Wat a .....$%#$#$#
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby kobesfan on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:04 pm

So no rivalry at all!
kobesfan

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:06 pm

haahha Ray backs out because all of a sudden he has a bad back.

little punk. No Allen, no Lewis, Potapenko is playing horrible. This should be fun.

"I'm gonna bust your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]"

Postby BlingX14 on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:10 pm

Seattle Times:

SAN DIEGO — If Ray Allen were more succinct when answering questions, his friends say, then perhaps the Sonics guard might avoid uncomfortable confrontations like his one tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant.

But Allen is anything but succinct, and his comments after Seattle's only exhibition victory two weeks ago, in which he questioned Bryant's leadership, enraged Bryant to the point where he issued a somewhat amusing threat.

According to a Lakers team source, Bryant telephoned Allen days ago and told him, "I'm gonna bust your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]," in anticipation of their 7:30 p.m. exhibition at the San Diego Sports Arena.
BlingX14

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:14 pm

JACKIE JOHNSON IS ON LTV RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Re: "I'm gonna bust your [Swearing is not permitted at

Postby Kb8theGreat on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:15 pm

BlingX14 wrote:Seattle Times:

SAN DIEGO — If Ray Allen were more succinct when answering questions, his friends say, then perhaps the Sonics guard might avoid uncomfortable confrontations like his one tonight against the Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant.

But Allen is anything but succinct, and his comments after Seattle's only exhibition victory two weeks ago, in which he questioned Bryant's leadership, enraged Bryant to the point where he issued a somewhat amusing threat.

According to a Lakers team source, Bryant telephoned Allen days ago and told him, "I'm gonna bust your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]," in anticipation of their 7:30 p.m. exhibition at the San Diego Sports Arena.
And when 7:30 comes ray allen is..."HURT"?!
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby JSM on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:23 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:ahahahah ray allen isnt playing...coulnt handle the pressure ray ray?

haha...tell me you are joking. Damn, can we say blowout. Well, is Ray going to be in the building. Kobe can always taunt him after each basket. I am sorry, he isn't hurt, that's as believable as Ashlee Simpson's SNL goof was her band's fault. Come on Ray, stop being a girlie man and get out there.
JSM

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:26 pm

jsm0331 wrote:

haha...tell me you are joking. Damn, can we say blowout. Well, is Ray going to be in the building. Kobe can always taunt him after each basket. I am sorry, he isn't hurt, that's as believable as Ashlee Simpson's SNL goof was her band's fault. Come on Ray, stop being a girlie man and get out there.

jsm, i'm lovin your similes you've been using lately! :man10:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby TomSeaver on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:28 pm

I want another point guard. I just don't like Atkins.
TomSeaver

Postby S.R.05 on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:31 pm

i think we should go after luke ridnour if we try to trade for a pg...hes only a slight upgrade over atkins as of now but in a couple years he's gonna be a 12/8 player
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby TomSeaver on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:32 pm

Allen isn't playing folks. What a wuss.
TomSeaver

Postby TomSeaver on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:33 pm

man Allen is such a coward. Sitting his butt on the bench. Either shut your mouth or get on the floor and take your whippin chump
TomSeaver

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:33 pm

gaffunnit. i was feelin very sleepy earlier, but i decided to put it off so that i could listen to the game, and now i find out gayray's backin out! poop. does anyone know why he will not be playing?

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby JSM on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:34 pm

HAHA...Ray isn't even in the building :man10: :man10:

Ray Allen's biography:
JSM

Postby TomSeaver on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:34 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:gaffunnit. i was feelin very sleepy earlier, but i decided to put it off so that i could listen to the game, and now i find out gayray's backin out! poop. does anyone know why he will not be playing?

Because he wears panties.
TomSeaver

Postby KB24 on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:35 pm

But what happens to all of Kobes persents for him!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:35 pm

Guys LA has to win by 20 or 30!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:36 pm

gay allen isnt playing... booooo!!!.... he's sacred kobe might get him back...
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Janicotine on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:42 pm

Hey is the game on can someone post any comments?
Janicotine

Postby Mookie on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:42 pm

Kobe wont play as much
Mookie

Postby trodgers on Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:43 pm

Not listening or watching but getting play by play from another site. 4-4 last I saw. Odom/Butler have scored.
trodgers
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday