Monday, Oct. 25
7:30 pm
TV: KCAL
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 117
Sonics - 91

Lakers Lower the Boom on Sonics
Caron Butler connected for a game-high 18 points Monday as Los Angeles cruised to a 117-91 victory over Seattle in San Diego. Jumaine Jones added 15 points for the Lakers, who enjoyed a 23-point lead at halftime and improved their preseason record to 5-2.

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:06 pm

lakers will win!! :jam2:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby JSM on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:19 pm

Kobe will show Allen up for his ignorant comments.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lofton_wu on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:21 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Kobe will show Allen up for his ignorant comments.

block Allen's 3 pointer?I would like to see that :man1:
lofton_wu

Postby JSM on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:22 pm

lofton_wu wrote:block Allen's 3 pointer?I would like to see that :man1:

block it? He's going to rip it straight out of his hands and go the other way with it :man9:
JSM

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:23 pm

hell yeah... kobe will rock gay allen tomorrow...
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby KB24 on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:24 pm

Kobe is hopefully breaking Ray Rays ankle with a deadly crossover!! :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lofton_wu on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:26 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
lofton_wu wrote:block Allen's 3 pointer?I would like to see that :man1:

block it? He's going to rip it straight out of his hands and go the other way with it :man9:

oh,I see,pooooor Allen.... :man10:

GO KOBE!!
lofton_wu

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:27 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Kobe will show Allen up for his ignorant comments.

NO
DOUBT
ABOUT
IT
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:27 pm

jsm, what did Ray Allen say again, I have to see that quote posted again... :man9:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:30 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:jsm, what did Ray Allen say again, I have to see that quote posted again... :man9:

Here are Ray's anti-Kobe comments, after their first meeting.
"He's going to be very selfish," Allen said of Bryant, who scored 15 of his team's first 20 points and had 35 points in Tuesday's loss. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

"His successes now is going to be based on if Kobe allows him to eat," Allen said of Butler. "If Kobe allows him to sit at the dinner table with him."

"He thinks -- in his mind -- that he's going to shoot and try to show me up at any point in time on the floor," Allen said. "But his mentality and mine are different. I've got to do what it takes to help the team win."

"It was typical of the way he approaches the game and the way I approach it," Allen said. "I know it was set up for me to take that shot, no matter what situation I was in because that's what he did. And I wasn't going to fall into that trap because we were winning and he put himself in the situation where he has to come from behind.?
JSM

Postby lofton_wu on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:42 pm

Here are Ray's anti-Kobe comments, after their first meeting.
"He's going to be very selfish," Allen said of Bryant, who scored 15 of his team's first 20 points and had 35 points in Tuesday's loss. "And he feels like he needs to show this league and the people in this country that he is better without Shaq. He can win championships without Shaq. So offensively, he's going to jump out and say, 'I can average 30 points. I can still carry the load on this team.'

"If Kobe doesn't see he needs two and a half good players to be a legitimate playoff contender or win a championship in about a year or two he'll be calling out to Jerry Buss that 'We need some help in here,' or 'Trade me,' " Allen said. "And we'll all be saying, 'I told you so,' when he says that."

"His successes now is going to be based on if Kobe allows him to eat," Allen said of Butler. "If Kobe allows him to sit at the dinner table with him."

"He thinks -- in his mind -- that he's going to shoot and try to show me up at any point in time on the floor," Allen said. "But his mentality and mine are different. I've got to do what it takes to help the team win."

"It was typical of the way he approaches the game and the way I approach it," Allen said. "I know it was set up for me to take that shot, no matter what situation I was in because that's what he did. And I wasn't going to fall into that trap because we were winning and he put himself in the situation where he has to come from behind.?
[/quote]

well,I was Ray's fan because he is a good shooter and a nice person,but when I knew this comments,I hate him,he will pay the price because of this comments.... :disagree:
lofton_wu

Postby dynasty4kobe on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:45 pm

Ray Allen should stay home tomorrow. He's about to get owned.
dynasty4kobe

Postby SMUnderground on Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:50 pm

no brainer
SMUnderground

Postby Guest on Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:00 pm

poor ray ray....

Postby GuRu on Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:20 am

I expect kobe to have a monster day just to stick it to Ray-Ray
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Cleansed on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:54 am

Oh boy.......

While i wouldt put it past K8 to completely rip Ray a new one....i hope it isnt in sacrifice of the win. Ray might have inadverdently pulled a Mind Screw....err...Zen Master "move" ala' Phil Jocks'em and baited Kobe into a 1 on 1 match he cant refuse. I hope that isnt the case.

Actually...who cares. Its Pe Season and the roster is almost set. We barely lost last time and that was with a few of our main guys auditioning for the walking dead. Their back now....

Yeah...Rays toast.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Triumph Jelani on Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:57 am

Kobe needs to take a breather & save it for Dec. 14th
Triumph Jelani

Postby Real Deal on Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:15 am

Image Image
Seattle Supersonics (1-4) @ Los Angeles Lakers (4-2)
Time: 7:30 p.m.
TV: KCAL

Previous Games:
Suns @ Lakers 111-103 W
Sonics @ Spurs 91-82 L

Projected Starting Lineups
SONICS
(Nate McMillan)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Antonio Daniels, Ray Allen, Vladimir Radmanovic, Reggie Evans, Vitaly Potapenko)
VS
LAKERS
(Rudy Tomjanovich)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom, Brian Grant, Chris Mihm)

Factors off the Bench
ImageImage
(Nick Collison, Tierre Brown)

Game MVPs
ImageImage
(Ray Allen, Kobe Bryant)

Brandon's Analysis
Before this game even starts, Laker fans know that Kobe Bryant is going to play 35-40 minutes, after sitting out nearly half the game last night against the Suns. Even more, Ray Allen will play just as many, and the Kobe/Allen matchup should be interesting tonight, after Ray's comments directed towards Kobe after the first preseason game between the Sonics and Lakers.

Tierre Brown has proven to be one helluva scoring threat coming off the bench, and is outperforming Chucky Atkins by far. Bobbitt is finding out the hard way how difficult it is to play for a final roster spot, especially on a team that's as deep as the Lakers. Look to see Brown light up Ridnour on offense, while Bobbitt comes in to stop Seattle's guards on the defensive end of the court.

The two Brians (Grant and Cook) are really stepping up, swinging towards the fences and putting nice stats on the boards for the Lakers. Grant should have a good game against Evans...while Cook will more than likely have to play a more physical game against Nick Collison, who impressed McMillan with 15 points and 8 boards against Amare and the Suns last Saturday.

Lamar Odom is finding a rhythm on the court, but this will be tested tonight against Vladimir Radmanovic, a shooter that will be hitting from mid-range and crashing the boards all night. To have a successful game, Odom will have to clear the boards more often, and could find himself having to penetrate to the hoop, only to pass it out to an open shooter such as Cook or Kobe.

Defensively, the Lakers need to close all holes. Also, watch the passing lanes and intercept all incoming passes to Collison or Radmanovic, who have the potential to put up fast buckets when the defense isn't paying attention.

One more thing the Lakers are having trouble with: avoiding turnovers. The turnovers have got to stop before the start of the regular season. Bad passing and allowing easy steals have been giving the other teams huge opportunities to make easy buckets on fast breaks.

Brandon's Prediction
The Sonics are on a four-game losing streak, although they defeated the Lakers at the beginning of the preseason. They came off of a disappointing loss against the Spurs on Saturday, and the Lakers are heading to San Diego with bragging rights, as they handed the Phoenix Suns their first loss of the preseason. Kobe's rested, and Walton's injury is healed enough to allow him to play minutes in this game...so count on the Lakers taking this one, 87-79.
Last edited by Real Deal on Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real Deal

Postby Triumph Jelani on Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:27 am

Lewis won't play. Murray is the x-factor
Triumph Jelani

Postby Real Deal on Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:32 am

Triumph Jelani wrote:Lewis won't play. Murray is the x-factor

Rashard isn't playing? Hmm...thanks for the info.
Real Deal

Postby JSM on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:03 pm

Triumph Jelani wrote:Lewis won't play. Murray is the x-factor

What's wrong with Lewis?
JSM

Postby Furious D on Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:21 pm

From Yahoo.com
Oct 20 Seattle forward Rashard Lewis is suffering from a case of plantar fasciitis in his left foot and will not play again until the start of the regular season, the Seattle Times reports. The medical staff has prescribed rest for Lewis as opposed to surgery, mainly because the injury was caught in an early stage.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

NBA TV

Postby shakobe on Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:47 pm

Will the Laker Sonic game be shown on NBA TV.
shakobe

Re: NBA TV

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:02 pm

shakobe wrote:Will the Laker Sonic game be shown on NBA TV.

I believe so.

It is shown on K-CAL 9.

Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday