Monday, Jan. 19
7:30 pm
TV: FSN, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos | Highlights

Suns - 88
Lakers - 85

Lakers Edged By Suns
Kareem Rush scored 18 points and Bryon Russell added 17 but the Lakers came up on the short end of an 88-85 loss to the Suns on Monday. Russell and Derek Fisher each missed 3-point attempts in the final seconds which would have tied the game for Los Angeles.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Sat Jan 17, 2004 10:56 pm

Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:05 pm

i have a good feeling about this game...

i think payton is gonna have a big game cuz he really doesnt have alot of competition at tha point guard position now that marbury isnt in phoenix anymore...Slava will have an off night cuz of Amare...but i think JAMAL SAMPSON and DEREK FISHER will come up big for us...

i'll say 102-99 lakers!

oh yea and we'll need to contain amare and the matrix to win this game...shut down one or tha other...

tha x-factor for tha suns will be JOE JOHNSON...so we better watch out for him...

remember this is tha worst team in tha western conference right now...and they coudl use a win against tha lakers...so they'll be playin with a sense of urgency...but like the ESPN guys kept sayin...all tha pressure is on tha opposing team of tha lakers...cuz tha lakers are sUPPOSED to lose these games that they are playing without shaq kobe malone fox and grant...
FabFourLakers

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:26 am

The Lakers will definitely win this game. The Suns are such a bad team, and the role players led by GP are getting it done. MLK day will end with a victory! And I'm glad Marbury is no longer in the West. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby BDG on Sun Jan 18, 2004 2:14 am

I have a gut feeling Amare Stouemire will get into early foul trouble... remember that.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:11 am

ok we're not DEFINETLY goin to win this game...remember tha suns beat tha blazers at tha rose garden and we lost to tha blazers there...but thats tha blazers...but anyway we cant jus say we're gonna wint his easily...this will prolly be jus like tha clipppers game...down tha wire...but i expect GP to take over this game...maybe not 25 pts and 13 assists....but maybe 18 pts and 8 assists but they will come at tha right time...and JAMAL SAMPSON and KAREEM RUSH will come up big for us
FabFourLakers

Postby LARolePlayer on Sun Jan 18, 2004 6:13 pm

Lakers win 97-85 :jam2:
Role Players turn our team from being great to the GREATEST!!!
LARolePlayer

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:54 pm

There isn't a Stephon Marburry to light it up against us so it shouldn't be as close as previous games. :man9:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:36 pm

well suns have won 3 straight...including tha last 2 over tha blazers...they are startin to come alive once again...joe johnson barbosa amare and marion are lightin it up...we gotta watch out...good thing we're catching them on a back to back
FabFourLakers

Postby Mexx87 on Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:48 am

Suns will be without Amare, he has injury
I play every game I guess my last
Mexx87

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:11 am

this changes tha game completely...now we may see antonio mcdyess play...but they might jus not let him play again and put donnell harvey in tha starting lineup...

if anything this is good news for tha lakers and very bad newws for tha susns...now marion and johnson will hafta carry tha load for tha suns...i think our chances of winning jus increased drastically
FabFourLakers

Postby lakerman34 on Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:53 am

mcdyess was placed on the injured list today, maciej lampe is taking his place on the roster.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/01 ... b0119.html

[/url]
lakerman34

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:57 am

thanks for the update LakerMan...Maciej Lampe has proven nothing yet, sources proclaim him the next "Nowitzki", we'll see about that and whether he can prove anything out there...don't forget the Suns have Howard Eisley who torched us for 26 points while he was in the Knicks...but as I made in BDG's good call section, the Suns therefore have no post presence w/out Amare and McDyess...we can easily cut to the basket with our small lineup therefore, but watch out for Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion...and Leandro Barbosa..watch out for him and his weird stroke...but I'll say that we win because historically, we're better than the Suns and veteranship beats youth...Shawn can't carry the team alone.

Lakers 95
Suns 88
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Shaki on Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:58 pm

Yesterday i was worried about the result, but now when i realized that amaree is out, i think we have not good but great possibility to win. Slava will have another great night, i think that he may have a double double, and, of course i must mention the gary with his asissts will be the main reason why we will win this game.
:jam2:

Lakers 107
Suns 98
Shaki

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:58 pm

I think we'll win, we'll be up most of the game and be in control. 96-90
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby whats golden on Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:01 pm

We win tonight and we are in a tie with the T-Wolves and 2.5 games behind the Queens.

I say, chalk another one up for the good guys

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:28 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I have a gut feeling Amare Stouemire will get into early foul trouble... remember that.

is he playing? i thought he waz still on the IL

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby magicmoment on Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:46 pm

i hope we win coz now the suns don't have marbury.. so it SHOUDN'T be too hard
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Ring It Up on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:08 pm

whats golden wrote:We win tonight and we are in a tie with the T-Wolves and 2.5 games behind the Queens.

I say, chalk another one up for the good guys

Man is that sig distracting. I could even stay on topic. I need some alone time........ :man10:
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:27 pm

for everyone that's been confused on who will be playing for the Suns tonight, and who won't, this will answer your questions:

Amare-didn't travel with the team to LA, he will miss tonight's game and Wednesday's game vs the Nuggets
McDyess-went on the IR due to a hurt knee and quadriceps
S. Williams-on the IR due to an injured back
Lampe-came off the IR, but is listed as questionable for tonight's game
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:00 pm

Tonight's player matchups will be a condensed version.

GP/Barbosa:Barbosa has been playing well since Marbury left, but tonight he won't get anything. This matchup easily favors us, since thedeparture of Marbury. Gary will have a big night. Look for a lot of offense, between passing and shooting--he is going to be very involved tonight. Barbosa will be an easy matchup compared to what Marbury would have been.

Rush/Johnson: We need Rush to have another good offensive night. Johnson is bigger than him, but Kareem still has to manage to get to the basket or get the J. We also need for him to play at least some defense on Joe, so he won't get 20+ points,

George/Marion: This is the only matchup we have to worry about. Marion will have a field day against George, I am predicting 30+. He like to shoot and blow by his defender to get to the basket and I don't expect George to do much about it. George will continue to struggle, and make us realize how much we need Fox back, or Shaq to feed the ball to George.

Slava/Harvey: this should be easy, Harvey can't due much and wasn't expected to...since he's a 3rd string pf, but due to injuries, it looks like he will be starting tonight. Slava will have another big night, expect 20+ points, because there is nothing Harvey can do to stop him. I expect almost nothing out of Harvey, this is the same guy that got cut from the Magic because he wasn't producing.

Sampson/Voskuhl: Sampson should have another solid night for us. Voskuhl isn't anywhere near a solid big man, he will get a few boards and a few points...I think Jamal should be able to match and possibly outdo Jake.

So expect a lot from our guys tonight, taking advantage of a team that is lacking almost all of their talent (except Marion), and expect to see us to win this one with ease.
JSM

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:04 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I am predicting 30+.

damn. if that happens, then i will really angry with one of my fav lakers, d george. he better step it up right now cause phil and cl.com are doubting him. i wish we did have fox, i think i'm going to cry when i see him playing again for the first time.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:58 pm

Nooo...I heard Javie is going to ref the game. Please tell me this isn't true
JSM

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:09 pm

D george shots are comin up short.

9-6 PHX

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:16 pm

Image 14
Image 17

4:15 1st Quarter

Russell hits a three, then Payton hits a three!

BDG
Retired Admin

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday