Mon. 4/18 @ Warriors - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby leftymo on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:49 pm

I'll try to recap...

Q: We knew the Lakers weren't going to be as good without Shaq/Phil, but LA has lost 18 of their last 20, did you think they would be this bad?

Fish: Well, everyone knew they wouldn't be as good, but they've had a tough year with their young players and trying to put together any sort of successful consistency. But you can't worry about that, you just block it out and focus on your own game..

Q: Could you sense Kobe's frustration on the court?

A: Yeah, I've watched a couple games on tv, but not like tonight. He was battling, and he's one of the best if not the best players in the game, and you could tell he was trying too hard. He was frustrated.

Fish also said, the Lakers are a class organization, and they'll be back, they pride themselves on winning and they'll be back.

Fish was also to be somewhat glad that this is his first off-season spending so much time in the playoffs throughout his career. he also wished they had 10-15 games more to give the bottom playoff seeds a run.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:51 pm

leftymo wrote:I'll try to recap...

Q: We knew the Lakers weren't going to be as good without Shaq/Phil, but LA has lost 18 of their last 20, did you think they would be this bad?

Fish: Well, everyone knew they wouldn't be as good, but they've had a tough year with their young players and trying to put together any sort of successful consistency. But you can't worry about that, you just block it out and focus on your own game..

Q: Could you sense Kobe's frustration on the court?

A: Yeah, I've watched a couple games on tv, but not like tonight. He was battling, and he's one of the best if not the best players in the game, and you could tell he was trying too hard. He was frustrated.

Fish also said, the Lakers are a class organization, and they'll be back, they pride themselves on winning and they'll be back.

Fish was also to be somewhat glad that this is his first off-season spending so much time in the playoffs throughout his career. he also wished they had 10-15 games more to give the bottom playoff seeds a run.

Thanks leftymo. And don't worry D-Fish, next year, you'll be in the playoff hunt!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:56 pm

Oh well hopefully I'll run into Fisher in the offseason :jam2: He's the man!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:57 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
msb212 wrote:Kobe's face just said it all. He is wishing he was a clipper right now.

no...he wishes odom and butler were there...he wishes vlade and bobbit were playing to...trust me kobe doesnt wanna be a clipper...no way he'd turn down the purple and gold jersey for a red and white :man10: cmon now clippers...that just doesnt sound right....the clipper franchise sucks and will never make the playoffs in the future
considering they have a better record than teh lakers, ok.

kobe just wants to win. his face said nothing more. probably thinkin about some offseason trades *COUGH* CHUCKY *COUGH*
Karl11-Caron1

Postby magicmoment on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:59 pm

this was THE most embarrassing loss IMO.. this was soo horrible. and to have Fisher on the other side.. its sad... :man5:
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby dynasty4kobe on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Seriously guys, when next year's schedule comes out, mark this game. Mark the first meeting AT Golden State. I am disgusted with what I saw today. Kobe Bryant absolutely got screwed in this game. And I mean these were blatant calls. And believe me, I wouldn't be complaining about this if it didn't happen, especially in a game that means nothing. I have never in my life seen Kobe Bryant so frustrated and angry throughout a game. And to top it all off, those idiot Warriors fans start chanting "Kobe sucks!" and "You Suck!" Who the hell do they think he his? Kurt Angle? The man is busting his tail out there and they give him this.

I expect no less than 50 in our next meeting at GS. Believe me when I say this, Kobe will remember this game at Golden State. Tape it, record it, download it, you should remember this one too.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby leftymo on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:03 pm

Karl11-Caron1 wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
msb212 wrote:Kobe's face just said it all. He is wishing he was a clipper right now.

no...he wishes odom and butler were there...he wishes vlade and bobbit were playing to...trust me kobe doesnt wanna be a clipper...no way he'd turn down the purple and gold jersey for a red and white :man10: cmon now clippers...that just doesnt sound right....the clipper franchise sucks and will never make the playoffs in the future

kobe just wants to win. his face said nothing more. probably thinkin about some offseason trades *COUGH* CHUCKY *COUGH*

You know the clippers are sad, when they can hang their head on finishing ahead of the lakers and still missing the playoffs! Lakers will be in the playoffs contending before the Clippers ever will be. That's a fact. When the Clippers last were better than the Lakers what did they do? Oh yeah, nothing.
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:04 pm

magicmoment wrote:this was THE most embarrassing loss IMO.. this was soo horrible. and to have Fisher on the other side.. its sad... :man5:

Well Lakers still win the season series 3-1, and at best the hot warriors will only finish tied with the quitting lakers.
leftymo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:05 pm

leftymo wrote:
magicmoment wrote:this was THE most embarrassing loss IMO.. this was soo horrible. and to have Fisher on the other side.. its sad... :man5:

Well Lakers still win the season series 3-1, and at best the hot warriors will only finish tied with the quitting lakers.

Yeah but this team's future - Warriors that is - is so bright I can't even look...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby magicmoment on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:06 pm

i could feel Kobe's frustration with the no calls. i was not surprised to see Kobe get a T.. he really wasn't having a good game. i have not seen kobe this frustrated in a long time.

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby leftymo on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:08 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
leftymo wrote:

Yeah but this team's future - Warriors that is - is so bright I can't even look...

Yes, it does appear that way, but this is still the warriors... they are just a baron davis injury away from being a.... uh, well exactly what they've been!

But I think Mullin will make some moves in the off-season to land a low post guy. Maybe the MLE to Rahim.

Lakers have to make the right moves from here... we won't have a lottery pick next season.
leftymo

Postby magicmoment on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:09 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Yeah but this team's future - Warriors that is - is so bright I can't even look...

yea, especially with J-Rich and Baron Davis.. when i look at how BD has really helped his new team, it just makes me think, "we could have gotten that guy and brought him back to LA" its just such a waste to me that we didnt try to get him.

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
magicmoment

Postby shoe on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:10 pm

THIS IS THE WORST GAME IVE EVER SEEEN

ive been sayni that alot this year :bang: :mad1:
shoe

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:20 pm

Wow this is the longest time gone by after a game that Lakers.com didn't update. The webmasters must not give a damn either. :man10:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby jimbo327 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:23 pm

1 more game left. We have this to look forward to, hopefully, we can be at least competitive with the Blazers. I would hate to see Ruben Patterson triumphant against Kobe. I think Kobe just realized how easy it was to play with Shaq, and winning was much easier with the big fella.

You don't know what you have until you don't have it anymore. Oh well, everyone should have learned from history.
jimbo327

Postby Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:33 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Wow this is the longest time gone by after a game that Lakers.com didn't update. The webmasters must not give a damn either. :man10:

hey better if CL do it right? :man1:

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:50 pm

leftymo wrote:
Karl11-Caron1 wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

You know the clippers are sad, when they can hang their head on finishing ahead of the lakers and still missing the playoffs! Lakers will be in the playoffs contending before the Clippers ever will be. That's a fact. When the Clippers last were better than the Lakers what did they do? Oh yeah, nothing.
we sholdnt even be taklin about the clippers. i just said that they have a better record now wen hes commin up randomly dissin the clippers. they probably could've made the playoffs if kobe was there, but no1 knows, which makes us arguing over nothing.

and to say clippers are "hagning their heads" for finishing over the lakers? inever saw newhere that they were proud of missing the playoffs and finishing ahead of the lakers. and if they are, they've been waiting for a long time to prove that they can contend with the lakers. ok, so lakers had a bad year ok. no reason to start dissing the clippers. if hes gonna go out and start dissin clippers then at least look at you own team first. i dont get why u have to come in and start bashin the clippers with him.

and for the talent level on the clippers, damn i would be glad to take plenty of players from the clippers over the ones the lakers have now. they just need some more experience and push for the playoffs.

yes it would be great to see lakers contend for playoffs before clippers will be, which means they will finish the rebuilding process faster. clippers are a good team, whether you like it or not. but to say they'll never make the playoffs or lakers will contend b4 the clips ever will is just biased judgement. no one knows what will happen. ok so they havent been great int he past. lakers have been great in the past now they aren't. it could be a turnaround for the clips just as much as for the lakers.

dont get me wrong or nething, i love the lakers and lakers are my #1 team but asying the clips franchise sucks is uncalled for.

well this is lakers gameday; if u dont like clippers im fine with that. so lets get back on topic, im not here to argue with anyone, just to share the mutual love for the lakers. so lets end it here.

and if i misunderstood anything you said; lets just forget about it and move on and talk about the lakers gameday.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:33 am

:man6:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KB24 on Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:53 am

WOW Kobes matador defense killed us. How could Richardson and Pietrus combine 42 points :man2: :man2: :man2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:31 am

KB8 till infinity wrote:WOW Kobes matador defense killed us. How could Richardson and Pietrus combine 42 points :man2: :man2: :man2:

:wow:

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:04 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:WOW Kobes matador defense killed us. How could Richardson and Pietrus combine 42 points :man2: :man2: :man2:

Yes it's ALL Kobe's fault isn't it? :nono2:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:37 pm

Devean George and rookie guard Sasha Vujacic combined to shoot 0-for-17 against Golden State.

:disagree:
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight