Postby shoe on Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:17 pm

yeah, congrats to lakers, we will be back next year :jam2:
shoe

Postby sn33k on Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:21 pm

Congrats to the Lakers, for losing?

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
sn33k

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:05 pm

sn33k wrote:Congrats to the Lakers, for losing?

No other team in the leauge has been to the finals four times in five years in recent history. Just because we lost doesn't take anything away from my pride.

If you want to battle it out, bring some legit points rook.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:12 pm

oooooooh he got u

Postby magicmoment on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:24 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

No other team in the leauge has been to the finals four times in five years in recent history. Just because we lost doesn't take anything away from my pride.

beautiful! :man11:
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:46 pm

I've been very warm about debating and arguments, but now, I'm at the threshold. People without intellegent debates will be shot down against me.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:51 pm

Congrats to the Pistons, they outplayed the Lakers.
lakerzrule

Postby BDG on Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:28 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

AW AW AW! TANIGHT AWW YAWW SUCKAZ GOT SERVED.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:58 am

shaqpak34 wrote:
#1_Kobe_fan wrote:AS USUAL>>>> PAYTON DID SHIEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTT PUNK @SS BITACH!!!! HE WAS THE JINX.

PLEASE MITCH... TAKE HIS JERSEY AWAY AFTER THIS GAME!!!!

Its NOT GP's fault, he played well when he was allowed to run the offense (the first 21 games of the season)

Then the Mailman got injured, which slowed down the fastbreak, and then KOBE WENT ND TOLD PJ THAT HE WANTED TO RUN THE SHOW AND NOT GP.

THen everything collapsed...the reason we lost is because of the clash of egos on our team.

Also, GP said that if the Lakers give him this summer, he will try his best to become a pure shooter, a Ron Harper basically.

ooh! i'd like to see that witha new coach so GP can show everyone that he still has game..n.ew coach, no triangle for gary
Karl11-Caron1

Postby supergex on Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:21 am

I'm so desperate ! :man6: I can't believe Lakers lost against Pistons in 4-1
supergex

Postby mister kobe on Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:33 am

It's the end of a beautiful epic :bang: :man6:
mister kobe

Postby Mister Dwyane on Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:42 am

mister kobe wrote:It's the end of a beautiful epic :bang: :man6:

Yeah i agree with you man
Mister Dwyane

Postby KB24Gold on Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:37 am

It was a hard night. I didn't even bother watching the ceremony. After the clock reach zero I turned off the T.V. and had a hard time sleeping. As I wake up today it's time to L.A. to make some new changes, who's staying and who's going. Hopefully throughout the summer they will add some new pieces to make this team stronger than it ever was. To all TRUE pistons fans...congrats on a team that truly played basketball the way it's suppose to be. To those overnight bandwagon pistons/Laker haters....This will not be the last you will hear from us.
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:59 am

I don't know what hurts more, actually losing the title or thinking about how this team could easily be disaessembled in the offseason.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby tipdrill on Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:37 pm

i had a hard time sleeping last night because of the lost. I still just cant believe this happen :man6:
tipdrill

Postby sacramentolakerfan on Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:21 pm

hey guys. i've been out of town for a little while and just got back. just wanted to give props to the pistons - they played 5 great games and fully deserve the title.

for me, it was a maddening kind of series. all those damn fouls all the time, it is just difficult for me to watch a game--any game--when the play is stopped constantly because of fouling. i don't care who the fouls were against, just let 'em play a bit.

i also want to say i really have appreciated being a lakers fan this season. it was probably the most memorable season for me that the lakers didn't win. it was entertaining, difficult, and full of great moments like the .04 shot. the lakers did a great job this year in spite of injuries, all of the so-called "drama" and constant media attention. i think that we would have had a much better chance with a healthy malone and grant but thinking about what if's always gets you nowhere (just ask the queens fans). but it would have been amazing if we had won in spite of those injuries.

so, i'm not upset at the lakers. it was a very special season and the fact is, we came in second. there's nothing to be ashamed of in that.

and finally, remember...the title still goes through LA!!!!!
sacramentolakerfan

Postby ragecorps on Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:58 pm

I'm going miss the games *sigh* Lakers! :jam2:
ragecorps

Postby RimRocka23 on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:25 am

Congratulations to the Pistons! Beating the Lakers 4-1 was a huge upset! Or as NBA.com would call it "the biggest upset in NBA Finals history"! They played Basketball (a team sport!!!) while the Lakers well alll you Lakers supporter got it right by saying we need to keep about 1 or 2 players and screw the rest... Damn! I love this game :jam2:
RimRocka23

Postby gdub520 on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:29 pm

#1_Kobe_fan wrote:FU(((KKK PAYTON!!!! IF HE IS BACK NEXT YEAR I"LL SPIT ON HIM MYSELF

lol...i dont want gary back either, but if u spit on him be prepared for him to beat u down...he'll take out all his season long aggression on u :man1:
gdub520

Postby gdub520 on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:55 pm

okay i guess i should say congrats to the...damn this is hard...congrats to the detroit piss-ons...i mean pistons...i really still cant believe the lakers lost to them, but i watched it...there's chalk outlines all over the nba...

as i watched the finals unfold i kept getting the feeling that the spurs would have won that series....i know that the pistons 'd' is great, but somehow i just feel that if the lakers would have hit their shots, regardless of the refs, or the pistons 'd' the series would have went as we hoped...

to me it looked like kobe had one foot out the door during the last few games of this series...just no fire, no desire...before i never thought that kobe would seriously think about leaving l.a. but now after watching him and hearing his post game comments, im almost sure he's out of here...it would suck but hell, it frees up tons of dough to sign someone that wants to be here

the lakers have to make changes...lots of them in my opinion...they are just too old and too slow to make things happen at this point...watching them lose to detroit reminded me of watching the showtime lakers lose to chicago at eh end of that dynasty...we must face it, its over...the core has been together for 8 yrs now, shaq, kobe, fish with foxy coming the next yr...they're getting old and the bench...as much as we love luke and rush we need more playmakers....kareem is cool when he's on but he cant create off the dribble from what i've seen...pure jump shooter....devean george is a total joke...no game whatsoever...

changes gotta be made, if that means getting rid of kobe, shaq phil or whoever, im down with it because, it doesn't seem like they are going win a ring again with the roster they have now....many still want to build around shaq but a couple of 30 points games in the finals doesn't convince me that he's still the way to go at this point in his career....his ft % was worst since he's been a laker, his scoring in regular season and playoffs was down significantly

i say tear it down and rebuild, may take a few yrs but i can live with it...i'll just keep recounting the 8 rings i've watched them win in 13 finals appearances over the last 24 yrs
gdub520

Postby Shaki on Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:37 pm

you said it nice, i agree with all, lakers need to rebuilt this team, and i am gonna support them no matter what, i just hope mitch will make right decisions.

Still in pain, but once more congrats to Detroit, they were simply better.
Nothin' more, nothin less....
Shaki

Hail Lakers!

Postby madsammyboy on Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:00 pm

Well, I didn't think they could do it, but they did. Kobe had boldly predicted a game 5 win, but the media was all but ready to crown the Pistons kings of the Finals. What nobody outside the Laker locker room knew was that these Lakers were truly the greatest team of all time...

...the way Kobe took the game over - not taking ill-advised shots, not trying to be the hero - just playing good, smart basketball...

...Gary Payton and Karl Malone truly playing up to the expectaton created in thought by the obnoxious phrase we've had shoved down our throats by the Laker-adoring press all season: "four future hall-of-famers!!"...

...Shaq showing what a trim, agile, skilled athlete he realy is - totally shutting Wallace and Wallace down in the lane, hustling to every rebound and loose ball....

...George and Fisher proving once and for all that they really deserve all the attention, and aren't overrated simply because they got lucky enough to be drafted by the media darlings....

...yep, nobody had ever overcome a 3 to 1 deficit before, but these are the Lakers! They did it with style, class, and drama, proving once and for all that they are the greatest....

...and then? Well, then, almost simultaneously, the Laker organization, to a man, woke up from Dreamland and met their stiffest opponent yet: REALITY.

Detriot Pistons: congratulations!

L.A. Lakers: do you finally get the picture?
madsammyboy

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:53 pm

great season... i loved it even tho we lost.... well deserved victory by detroit.... hopefully the lakers can get younger players this off-season... till then, i'll be back next season.... LETS GO LAKERS!!!!!!!! :jam2: :ball1:
and i salute all the fans that stood behind the lakers through thick and thin.... :bow:
:bow: :bow: :bow:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby PiEdIe on Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:50 am

aaah let's win next year
PiEdIe

Postby shoe on Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:56 pm

PiEdIe wrote:aaah let's win next year

amen to that
shoe

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday