NBA Finals - Game 5 - Pistons Defeat The Lakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:53 pm

New era, new dynasty?

Or do we go into the gutter with Shaq's departure and become a great legacy? :man5:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LukeWalton on Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:43 pm

The Curse of the Shaquino :man10: i heard about it in TV they said the MAgic ahve it and the lakers will get it if the get rid of him.
LukeWalton

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:33 am

"Snaquille O'Meal" is the new nickname for Shaq.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby mister kobe on Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:07 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:"Snaquille O'Meal" is the new nickname for Shaq.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
mister kobe

Postby Kaoticz on Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:03 pm

DYNASTY DESTROYED

:man9: :man9: :man9:

Dynasty Destroyed - Pistons in Five
Kaoticz

Postby Guest on Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:38 pm

Not by your team so settle down.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:54 pm

Posto wrote:Not by your team so settle down.

Heh.

"Only the Lakers can beat the Lakers"
- Lakers Dynasty 2000
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby GuRu on Sat Aug 07, 2004 5:07 pm

Kaoticz wrote:DYNASTY DESTROYED

:man9: :man9: :man9:

well the pistons never have had and most likely never will have a dynasty so im not too worried.

During the finals i bought the Lakers dynasty dvd. the lakers were down 1-0 and he said, "The Pistons will have one of those coming out soon" Referring to his thoughts that the Lakers were gonna lose to the Pistons.

I just smiled and told him i didnt think so. They dont give out dynasty dvds to teams with 3 rings in 50 years. Even if they won this title i dont think 3 championships can hold a candle to 14 and the Lakers great history.

FYI: The Palace of Auburn Hills is located on 4 Championship Drive, referring to the pistons 3 titles and the Shock's 1.........pathetic

Owned :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby kobe6962 on Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:00 am

Agree Guru no matter what the Pistons done. They will never have our great legacy of 14 titles. And counting we will get more on the way. I am not worried at all. By the way by me being a Yankee fan I love your sig!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby GuRu on Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:47 am

kobe6962 wrote:Agree Guru no matter what the Pistons done. They will never have our great legacy of 14 titles. And counting we will get more on the way. I am not worried at all. By the way by me being a Yankee fan I love your sig!

yankess eh? they look pretty unstoppable this year......unfortunately im a tiger fan
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:18 pm

Guru said it right.

There's only two teams worthy of having a DVD Dynasty BoxSet - The Lakers and Celtics; and no matter how they try, the Celtics, and no other team, has had the dynaimc hisory that the Lakers have had!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Danny Ainge on Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:22 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Guru said it right.

There's only two teams worthy of having a DVD Dynasty BoxSet - The Lakers and Celtics; and no matter how they try, the Celtics, and no other team, has had the dynaimc hisory that the Lakers have had!

Still its sickening to see the dvd championship SI special being advertised on TV. Gross :mad1:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby GuRu on Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:40 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Guru said it right.

Still its sickening to see the dvd championship SI special being advertised on TV. Gross :mad1:

God do i agree if i see Princess doing that jump in the air chestbump again im gonna break my TV......
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:51 pm

OMFG THE LAKERS LOST!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:08 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:OMFG THE LAKERS LOST!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Do I detect sarcasm?
Danny Ainge

Postby ChainLink on Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:20 am

LakersGuRu wrote:
God do i agree if i see Princess doing that jump in the air chestbump again im gonna break my TV......

C'mon Guru...is it really necessary to stoop to such behavior and call players childish names...especially 2 months after the Finals?!

Hey, it's not Tayshaun's fault the Lakers went after Kareem Rush in the 2002 draft by trading for Rush's draft rights instead of going hard after Prince. Just so happens that "Princess" is a Compton native and growing up was a Laker fan; he also went on record before the draft that he'd like to play for the Lakers. Also, it's not Tayshaun's fault that he ended up contributing immensely in containing Kobe and winning the championship against the Lakers.

Guess you must have figured Devean George was your SF of the future, huh?
ChainLink
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby Danny Ainge on Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:43 pm

ChainLink wrote:
LakersGuRu wrote:

C'mon Guru...is it really necessary to stoop to such behavior and call players childish names...especially 2 months after the Finals?!

Hey, it's not Tayshaun's fault the Lakers went after Kareem Rush in the 2002 draft by trading for Rush's draft rights instead of going hard after Prince. Just so happens that "Princess" is a Compton native and growing up was a Laker fan; he also went on record before the draft that he'd like to play for the Lakers. Also, it's not Tayshaun's fault that he ended up contributing immensely in containing Kobe and winning the championship against the Lakers.

Ouch, howevr you are 100% correct, I personally would have taken Qyntel Woods myself at that spot.
Danny Ainge

Postby Hot Sauce on Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:35 pm

I think Kareem worked out pretty well DA. Qyntel got police problems, he can't keep his finger out of da sugur bowl.
Feed Me!!!!!!!
Hot Sauce

Postby GuRu on Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:19 am

ChainLink wrote:
LakersGuRu wrote:

Princess is maybe the most overrated player in the entire playoffs. He didnt "contain Kobe". you Pistons fans are wuick to preach about team play and team defense, but then when someone questions a players indivdual abilities you claim how the "contained" kobe. Well it took 3-4 Pistons collapsing on him and the refs to swallow their whistles to a questionable manner to "contain" Kobe......and you contined him to the tune of 23 ppg, 4.5 apg.....
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GuRu on Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:24 am

LOL. i guess the Lakers should have tried harder to get Princess????? Id take rush over Tayshaun anyday of the week and twice come playoffs. You gotta be kidding me. And by the time Prince got drafted George already had 3 rings.
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby ChainLink on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:16 pm

LakersGuRu wrote:
ChainLink wrote:
LakersGuRu wrote:

Princess is maybe the most overrated player in the entire playoffs. He didnt "contain Kobe". you Pistons fans are wuick to preach about team play and team defense, but then when someone questions a players indivdual abilities you claim how the "contained" kobe. Well it took 3-4 Pistons collapsing on him and the refs to swallow their whistles to a questionable manner to "contain" Kobe......and you contined him to the tune of 23 ppg, 4.5 apg.....

Most overrated player in the playoffs? Are you kidding me?! I'll give you some names of the most overrated players who choked in the 2004 playoffs...Gary Payton, Peja Stojakovic, Carmelo Anthony; those guys were overrated. In fact, if you have to name one Piston who is overrated it is Rasheed Wallace (aside from his solid defense), Sheed didn't do jack offensively in the playoffs til Game 4 of the Finals. Certainly not Tayshaun Prince; the best Piston player in the Milwaukee series, solid defender and contributer, clutch block on Reggie's layup that saved Detroit's playoff hopes.

And notice I said the word "contain", not "stop". There is a difference. "Contain" means keeping a player from getting on fire and scoring at will and taking over the game; they'll still get some points though. "Stop" means that player was shutdown, he was kept scoreless, or in single digits, and barely contributing at all. Malone and Payton were "stopped" from scoring. Kobe was "contained".

And Prince certainly did his job, by keeping Kobe at bay when Shaq was murdering Ben Wallace in the low post. Kobe still got points, but not enough to help the Lakers win the Finals. And that 22.6 ppg, 4.5 apg looks good on paper; but you forgot that it was after Kobe attempted 113 shots, on 38% FG shooting and 17.4% 3pt shooting. Don't forget Kobe being kept without an entire FG and with just 1 point (which was made on a Technical free throw) for the first half of Game 3, only 13 points total at the end of Game 3. LOL, I'd say he was contained pretty well. With the exception of Game 2, Kobe did NOT have a great Finals series. Prince was also instrumental in causing Kobe to turn over the ball; Kobe's 3.6 turnovers a game was the most out of all the Lakers.

And I never said Prince was the only Piston to contain Kobe. I said he helped immensely in defending the Lakers' superstars and was a major contributor to win the championship. I never denied he had lots of help. But then again, Bruce Bowen (who himself is a great Kobe defender) had help from Tim Duncan and David Robinson, the same way Prince had Ben and Rasheed Wallace behind him. Nonetheless, even with help from his big men, Prince was the primary Kobe defender, so you can't say Prince had nothing to do with it. And even going one-on-one with Prince, Kobe was forced to take many bad jumpers, off-balanced and forced shots. One point that doesn't get mentioned enough is Tayshaun is left handed, more suitable to defend Kobe's right handed shooting. Also Prince's long-lanky arms can cover a lot of area when Kobe is trying to drive; it's just like how Scottie Pippen used to defend.

Once again, Ben Wallace and Elden Campbell were getting killed by Shaq, with Shaq's 27ppg on 63% FG shooting, but Tayshaun did a great job containing Kobe from becoming unstoppable as well. I'm not saying Prince is the best defender at the SF position (he still needs more lateral quickness and build some muscle). Bowen, Artest, Kirilenko, and perhaps Hassell and Marion are all better defenders at his position...but you can't deny that he is one of the most successful at defending Kobe Bryant. Kobe himself said this about Prince after Game 1, "It's going to be a challenge, one I am looking forward to."
ChainLink

Postby ChainLink on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:46 pm

LakersGuRu wrote:

LOL. i guess the Lakers should have tried harder to get Princess????? Id take rush over Tayshaun anyday of the week and twice come playoffs. You gotta be kidding me. And by the time Prince got drafted George already had 3 rings.

They didn't have to try harder...they could've plucked Prince with that 20th pick from Toronto instead of picking up Kareem Rush.

LMAO, I can't believe you said you'd take Rush over Prince "anyday of the week and twice come playoffs". I don't know if it's Laker bias or something in your head, but let's be rational, Prince would have looked good in a Laker uniform. Let's see, with Tayshaun, you'd have a starting SF with lots of potential and athleticism, can handle the ball well, and I think I've already told you a lot about his solid defense. Think about this, he would be defending WITH Kobe, instead of against Kobe. Different outcome in the Finals, perhaps? Now let's look at Rush. Great shooter, always a 3 pt threat, but what else? He can't handle the ball well, he always makes turnovers; and he'll never be a starter on the Lakers since Kobe has been signed to a long-term deal. Hmm...if I were a Laker fan, I'd much rather have a starting SF with talent and potential instead of a backup SG who won't develop because he'll play very few minutes behind Kobe. And "twice come playoffs"? Rush had that big game against Minnesota, while Tayshaun was contributing to the Pistons' championship run throughout the playoffs.

So what if Devean George had 3 rings before Prince and Rush were drafted? He was a backup and a benchwarmer for those championship teams. Just because he has 3 rings as a reserve doesn't mean he deserves a huge payraise and gets to be the Lakers' SF of the future when he still hasn't achieved much. I'm not Mitch Kupchak, but I wouldn't have drafted a one-trick-pony SG who will get very little playing time behind Kobe; when instead I can draft a SF who is a Compton native (and already popular in the Los Angeles area), who can be my potential starting SF and is more talented and athletic than Devean George...and cheaper too (since George got that payraise).

Tell me this Guru, of all the trade talk here on this site, whether it is for Jason Kidd or whatever, why is it that most people here want George, Cook, and Rush gone?
ChainLink

Postby GuRu on Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:09 pm

call it laker goggles or whatever, but im not sold on prince. i wasnt all the years he was in Kentucky (except he did have an impressive senior year) and im not now. One block that stopped a tie game from happening isnt going to change that. he cant shoot, hes still too small...and his individual defense is questionable due to his limited lateral mvement.

Im done talking about Prince. Id rather have rush
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby ChainLink on Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:07 pm

Ok then, whatever. I guess we can agree on disagreeing.
ChainLink

Postby c.Lin on Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:50 am

Wouldn't it be better to move this conversation into a different thread or forum? I was wondering why Gameday was still getting new posts... :man3:
c.Lin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday