NBA Finals - Game 1 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby unpossibl1 on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:27 pm

jsm0331 wrote:All I hear is this negative crap. Some of yall "Laker fans" are the most pessimistic people or bandwagoners (can't figure out which). Here are some truth from tonight's game.

1. Detroit is a very overrated team.
2. Detroit is nowhere near as good of a defensive team as everyone says. I think the Rockets and Spurs are much tougher on D.
3. This is the first real feel we got for the Pistons, we are unfamiliar with their game due to not playing them much, now we know how they tick.
4. Rip is very overrated.
5. Kobe is the best defensive player in the league.
6. Big Ben is the worst offensive big man in the playoffs and not a good defender against REAL competition in the West.
7. We were rusty. Kobe and Shaq were the only ones to do anything, that will not happen again.
8. The Pistons 5 big men can't slow down Shaq.
9. Shaq can make free throws when they count.
The same thing happened last time we played Brown, and look at the final result.
10. The Lakers are now mad. They don't like to lose in the Finals. It will not happen again.

Well, the bottom line is that the Pistons can't play any better and the Lakers can't play any worse. But it's the Lakers own fault...they came out flat and looked like they were taking the night off. The only team that can beat the Lakers is the Lakers.
unpossibl1

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:27 pm

The Lakers lost because they went away from feeding Shaq, Kobe's shots were off, and the rest of the team didn't do much. Their defense wasn't that great either, that's why the Pistons were able to score, a lot of times they were wide open. I give some credit to Detroit's D and I hate losing, but I think this game will wake up the Lakers and the next game should be a win.
Last edited by lakerzrule on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakerzrule

Postby KB24Gold on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:27 pm

Ginofan wrote:No big deal guys...just game 1.

Well It still means something to Detriot. They gave the Lakers a wake up call and now they have to respond. Pistons took advantage of every opportunity and it paid off. I said that they would win a game but I was expecting it to be the 1st one. Lakers MUST step their game up, They taking this in 5.
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:30 pm

unpossibl1 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:All I hear is this negative crap. Some of yall "Laker fans" are the most pessimistic people or bandwagoners (can't figure out which). Here are some truth from tonight's game.

2. Detroit is nowhere near as good of a defensive team as everyone says. I think the Rockets and Spurs are much tougher on D.
3. This is the first real feel we got for the Pistons, we are unfamiliar with their game due to not playing them much, now we know how they tick.
6. Big Ben is the worst offensive big man in the playoffs and not a good defender against REAL competition in the West.
7. We were rusty. Kobe and Shaq were the only ones to do anything, that will not happen again.
The same thing happened last time we played Brown, and look at the final result.
10. The Lakers are now mad. They don't like to lose in the Finals. It will not happen again.

Well, the bottom line is that the Pistons can't play any better and the Lakers can't play any worse. But it's the Lakers own fault...they came out flat and looked like they were taking the night off. The only team that can beat the Lakers is the Lakers.

You guys are right, this is just one game and the Lakers will win the Finals, it won't be a sweep but who cares as long as the title comes back to L.A.
lakerzrule

Postby Ginofan on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:34 pm

LakerBaller7 wrote:

Well It still means something to Detriot. They gave the Lakers a wake up call and now they have to respond. Pistons took advantage of every opportunity and it paid off. I said that they would win a game but I was expecting it to be the 1st one. Lakers MUST step their game up, They taking this in 5.

Exactly...it just means something to Detroit. I don't think the Lakers are in the midst of a "wake up call"...they just got the feel for the opposing team. The bright side is...the Lakers can't play any worse. They know what the game is going to be like now...they won't make the same mistakes again.
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Good Strategy by Larry Brown

Postby fishingguy28 on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:34 pm

On any given night, you can't stop Shaq or Kobe...but against the Pacers, someone always stepped up -- Fish, Rush, Malone....If Detroit focuses their efforts on making Shaq/Kobe score 90% of the points, I think this series might go to Seven and I can't say for sure that the Lakers will win. I hope they do for Malone and Payton....but everyone thought Smarty Jones was a sure bet for the triple crown but he lost too...
fishingguy28

Postby pltan on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:35 pm

Game 2 is ours, and we can win 1 or 2 in Detroit for sure...
pltan

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:38 pm

Ginofan wrote:
LakerBaller7 wrote:

Exactly...it just means something to Detroit. I don't think the Lakers are in the midst of a "wake up call"...they just got the feel for the opposing team. The bright side is...the Lakers can't play any worse. They know what the game is going to be like now...they won't make the same mistakes again.

When I said the Lakers would wake up, I just meant that they won't come out flat again. All they need to do is make some adjustments on offense and step up the D, and they'll win from now on.
lakerzrule

Postby noxcel on Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:17 pm

I Support #8 wrote:
noxcel wrote:That was a very BORING game!!!! and Payton just SUCKED.

Shaq was great and Kobe played great D.

Payton :mad1: :disagree:

Noxcel.. that is the greatest sig I've ever seen!! :man10:

:jam2:
noxcel

Postby scottiep1013 on Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:59 pm

Shobe wrote:Well, now we threw home court right out the door. And in this seires, unlike against the Sixers,we won't win 4 straight. So now, we MUST win game 2, and win 2 games in Detroit, which will be extremely difficult. I really don't know if we can win this series now. Beating Detroit 2 times in detroit will be extremely difficult. I don't know why we can't stop the pick and roll, when we did against the spurs, and tony parker is much better then billups. IMO, we will be back in L.A. down 3-2. Good job Lakers. :mad1:

You gotta be confident. Just not give up on the Lakers like that. We had a bad game. WE WILL WIN.
scottiep1013

Postby Yinka_Dare on Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:45 am

´

Well... I knew that the Lakers fans would have this kind of attitude no matter how much they lost... And that they would come up with the STUPID comparisons to the 2001 Sixers... The Sixers got a HUGE game by AI and won just barely while the Pistons had a combined team effort. Yes, Chauncey was the man, but overall it was a team effort. Let me just remind you that neither the Rockets, Spurs nor the T-Wolves beat the Lakers at home. The Pistons did it. And they did it confortably.
Yinka_Dare

Postby Bulls Fan on Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:04 am

I think it will be the Lakers in 7. I think everyone just wrote off detroit like they were nothing. Im sure they KNOW that they are BIG underdogs and will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING in their power to pull off an upset. Look for a great series. It will be like 97-98 Finals....Bulls vs Jazz. Ha! Hopefully Fisher will hit another big shot.

Anyway, just expect a good fight from Detroit. They arent the nets or pacers...who are to weak sauce to fight against any big western team...esp the lake show.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby ^AdomaZ^ on Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:29 am

I hope lakers will win next game :bow:
^AdomaZ^

Postby Yinka_Dare on Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:08 am

My responses:

1. Is that the reason why they are the only team to beat the Lakers at home in the playoffs?
2. Yeah, right. Malone and Payton BUTCHERED them offensively. And Kobe's 10-27 is pretty crappy too if you ask me. The only one they couldn't stop is Shaq. But nobody can stop Shaq.
3. Errr... Can't you say the same thing about the Pistons? It goes both ways!
4. He didn't play that well last night, you can call him overrated, but I can think of many players, including many on the Lakers, who are more overrated than him. Watch game 5 against Indy, then call him overrated.
5. He is a great defensive player, but it's amazing how many of you ignorant Lakers fans can get out of line when it comes to praizing the Lakers. Ain't no way that he's the best defensive player in the league. He played great defense on Rip last night, but it's a really lame attempt from your side to point out one of the only aspects where the Lakers had success against Detroit.
6. Hmm... He sure did outscore Malone and Payton last night.
7. Talk is cheap. I can say the same thing about Rip Hamilton
8. True. They couldn't and didn't slow him down last night... But look at the result.
9. I don't see what this has to do with last night's game. The game wasn't that close, in the second half.
10. Again, talk is cheap. The cheapest thing there is.
Yinka_Dare

Postby [Q8iZ] on Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:31 pm

Yinka Dare is Got A Point.

But First Of All, If U Ask Me Why The Lakers Lost? I Gotta Say Cuz Of Gary & Malone .. Gary Couldn't Stop Billups, He Didnt Make Shots, Only One 3Pointer, And When He Took That Billups Wasn't There. Billups Was Scorin' The Whole Time, Cuz Gary Wasn't Guardin' Him Properly, He Couldnt Guard Him.

Malone, What Is This? He Talks About The Finals And Everything And I Shudve Got A Championship And All That Crap, But When It Comes To The Finals He Sucks BALLZ. Yall Saw Him Yesterday Man, Even When 'Sheed Was Out He Couldn't Score...

Shaquil Was Doin' Everything, Honestly ... The Pistons Kept On Thinkin' Bout Gettin' In Foul Trouble And Thas Why They Couldn't Stop Him. They Kept On Movin' Away, But I Still Think Ben Wallace is The Only One That Can Stop Shaquil.

Kobe, 10/27 Wtf ? C'mon Man, Ur An MVP Player.. This is Ur Hometown And Ur Wife Was There .. He Still Did A Good Job, But I Think He Cudve Done Better ..

Now, I Have The Feelings That The Pstons Gon' Win Game 2, Cuz Of The Way They Played Yesteday .. They Started With This .. 3Pt First Half, 3Pt 2nd Half. Amazin' !

Lakers Gotta Play Better Than This ..
[Q8iZ]

Postby Lateralus on Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:14 pm

If anyone remembers Browns sixers did the same sort of thing last time to. He pressured us on D the whole game which really ate up the clock, the Lakers were forced ot take bad shots.
Lateralus

Postby [Q8iZ] on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:19 pm

So What R U Tryin' Say? Their Gon' Lose The Rest Of The Games Or Larry Brown is Tryin' Do The Samethin' He Did Wit Tha Sixers ?
[Q8iZ]

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday