jsm0331 wrote:All I hear is this negative crap. Some of yall "Laker fans" are the most pessimistic people or bandwagoners (can't figure out which). Here are some truth from tonight's game.
1. Detroit is a very overrated team.
2. Detroit is nowhere near as good of a defensive team as everyone says. I think the Rockets and Spurs are much tougher on D.
3. This is the first real feel we got for the Pistons, we are unfamiliar with their game due to not playing them much, now we know how they tick.
4. Rip is very overrated.
5. Kobe is the best defensive player in the league.
6. Big Ben is the worst offensive big man in the playoffs and not a good defender against REAL competition in the West.
7. We were rusty. Kobe and Shaq were the only ones to do anything, that will not happen again.
8. The Pistons 5 big men can't slow down Shaq.
9. Shaq can make free throws when they count.
The same thing happened last time we played Brown, and look at the final result.
10. The Lakers are now mad. They don't like to lose in the Finals. It will not happen again.
Well, the bottom line is that the Pistons can't play any better and the Lakers can't play any worse. But it's the Lakers own fault...they came out flat and looked like they were taking the night off. The only team that can beat the Lakers is the Lakers.