NBA Finals - Game 2 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby jbum on Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:46 pm

folks great game. but we got real lucky tonite. i hope we play "better" from this game on but if we don't we're gonna have a lot of trouble. i hope they stop playing dr jekyll mr hyde and just play well.

they're too stagnant half the time.
jbum

Postby slammajamma on Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:53 pm

Another classic finish by the Lakers. Kobe was just amazing...great players make great plays that come up big!!! Once again proved why he is the best in the league! :bow:
:ball1:
slammajamma

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:55 pm

Luke Walton was the biggest steal we have gotten in the draft, since Kobe. He is one of my favorite Lakers. He played huge minutes, played most of the 4th and all of the over time. This is so weird, because the coach is Phil, the same Phil that used to curse at the sight of rookies. Luke must be really special in his eyes. He trusts him and did it pay off. Luke had his first game in the finals and you sure couldn't tell it. If this was the first time I would have seen it, I would have thought he is a 8 year vet. His intelligence, defense, passing, and shooting ability is amazing. I think he is the best passer in last year's draft, even over Bron. Great game, we wouldn't have won it without him.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby jbum on Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:58 pm

``Their coaching philosophy is to get everybody involved,'' said Lakers reserve Derek Fisher, who was 1-of-9 for two points. ``They have plays for each guy, they swing the ball, and they don't count on two guys to do all their scoring.

``They got guys off the bench trying to make shots, and that was one of the things that hurt us.''

That is a great quote... lakers will win easily if somebody other than kobe/shaq contribute.. whether by committee or individually. it's been one of those things that's always been a thorn on the laker's sides.
jbum

Postby 2BContN2004 on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:02 pm

Man to be honest, I hated when we drafted Luke just because I hate his dad so much. Stupid I know but man has that boy come out big for us!!

Thank god I don't run the Lakers cause I would let my bias to get in the way!!

Way to go Luke!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things" Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
2BContN2004

Postby ragecorps on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:10 pm

watching post-game interviews.... shaq talking about luke, he said that he's only a rookie and he's always givin him the ball, while guys he's been playing with 5, 6 years and doesn't give him the ball... and some reporter asked if he was tired and shaq said, "hell yeah im tired...tired of you" *chuckles from reporters* :man10:
ragecorps

Postby MGX on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:19 pm

Incredible. With like a minute left in that 4th, I truly though the Lakers were done (for this game at least) but had a small hope for a comeback and even a win. Incredible man, incredible. I breathe a very small sigh of relief (sighs) but it's back to business Thursday night. This, as we all now see, is not going to be the pushover series many anticipated. It's true, now this is a finals!!! Hopefully the rest of the series will be good, but Lakers need to take at least 2 out of three in the D and you all know that ain't gon be an easy task. I look for the Lakers to win game three just based off their hunger and momentum carrying over, but with a hostile crowd and the Pistons in their comfort zone, that's gonna be tough. But back to this game: I really thought Detroit looked much hungrier in the 4th quarter, grabbing rebounds everywhere, hustling, but I guess they just ran out of gas in OT. Great effort by L.A. and Kobe? What can be said about Kobe? Kobe along with Shaq is simply the best in the league. Luke Walton was great. I was amazed, especially as many of you brought up, putting him in as a rookie in a vital NBA finals game. This cat is truly special. Great effort by Karl. He was hungry tonight, even if he couldn't physically perfom the way he wanted to, he did all the little things and he played great. GO LAKERS!! KNOCK OUT THE D!!!
LAKER NATION!
RAIDER NATION!

STAND UP!
MGX

Postby SMUnderground on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:28 pm

DID ANYONE SEE THAT REVIEW THING..FROM THE LAKERS A LONG TIME AGO..WITH THOSE OLD SCHOOL SHOTS AND MAGIC?..THOSE ARE FREAKIN AWESOME!
SMUnderground

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:29 pm

i dont know where else to put this, and dont wanna get a new thread locked, so ill just put it here...

Q: In this Detroit series, how will you personally play your part?
-- Linda (San Francisco, Calif.)

Walton: I have no idea, that’s the crazy thing about Coach – he’ll throw you in at any time. You may not play for a week and then he might throw you in in the fourth quarter. I learned that all year, just to stay ready and be ready whenever he calls.

that was from luke walton's emails...goto nba.com and it'll transfer you to the nba finals page, then scroll down and click his email box thingy...

so i put it here cuz i thought it was relevant to wat happened tonite...go LUKE! :jam2:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:32 pm

Down by 6 with 36 seconds left in the game. What an amazing finish... again!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerfanimal on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:36 pm

someone mit aredy mentioned this, but i thot it was really funny wen they wer lik kobe how does this shot rank in ur career n stuf, n he was lik- wel in my career its my bigges shot, but personaly its number 2, cus number 1 was the shot i made in high school to beat rip lol
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby GuRu on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:37 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Down by 6 with 36 seconds left in the game. What an amazing finish... again!

gotta admit i was definitely feeling uneasy......but incedible finish
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby scottiep1013 on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:45 pm

Did anyone see or hear about the post-game interview with Karl? I think they said he was in tears or something and then his brother came in.
scottiep1013

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:46 pm

good game... but kinda scared me for a while..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby magicmoment on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:19 pm

scottiep1013 wrote:Did anyone see or hear about the post-game interview with Karl? I think they said he was in tears or something and then his brother came in.

OMG i did not see that..when? pics? i have to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways, the game was scary!! wow. great game it turned out to be though
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby JSM on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:28 pm

I wonder if this will be an ESPN Classic: Instant Classic?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm

Should be...

They're replaying the game on ESPN in 10 mins (12:00 AM PST)
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby PlayaHateUs on Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:45 am

friends_1 wrote:nothing will help the lakers :bang:
they will not take the championship
malone is scared after 19 years and 2 finals he cant score a stupid basket!!
fisher is injured
lakers dont play "D'
and they are scared from detroit like they were against spurs in the first couple games
pistons will win the lakers 4-2
:bang:

life sucks!
they came so far.. :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

so scared they took the final 4 games against san antonio after nearly winning the first 2. now, if u ask me, the series is tied 1-1. shaq is still angry about not getting the ball enough. kobe is out on a mission to get the mvp award of this finals. malone and payton are beasts about to break their leashes. the bench will only get better as the series progresses. i'd be more scared if i were the pistons. i mean, did u see how they were playing in the overtime?
PlayaHateUs

Postby Bulls Fan on Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:56 am

I think the way the lakers played in overtime is attributed to their experience rather than some "special" feeling or whatever that over came them. They finally played how they should have been playing ALL YEAR. I think Detroit was just dumbfounded that Kobe made that "shot" and just couldnt recover from the momentum and lost their composure. Thats just due to their lack of experience.

Look for that to change next game when the pistons play at home. Im not saying the lakers will lose the series...I just think this will go to 7 games...and i think the lakers should not count on "kobe magic" (luck) every single time. (or fisher-luck). I mean, yeah a win is a win...but to what extent? Id rather SHUT DOWN a team, (the way the lakers can and should) then let them even get this far.

Either way, Kobe had a hell of a 4th Qtr and OT. I personally enjoyed watching it. I have to admit, he is the most exciting player in the NBA since my fav guy left (the Bulls..not Wiz). Its just scary to think what Kobe will do at 28-29.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Yinka_Dare on Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:44 am

This was a stupid descition by Larry Brown, not to foul. Shaq had the ball after an inbound pass. SHAQ! Damn... it was so stupid not to foul him... I couldn't believe my eyes when they didn't foul him and he passed the ball. Nice shot by Kobe, but come on man, is this the most contested three in the world?

It's official: Rasheed Wallace can't catch a ball on an inbound pass. It happened before in the first round against the Bucks, and now it happened again. It's a scientific fact: Rasheed Wallace can't catch a ball on an inbound pass when the game on the line.
Yinka_Dare

Postby kbryant on Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:22 am

Yea im suprised too! if they fouled shaq, we wouldnt win that game!

if you give chance to kobe, you gotta be stupid :man13:
if you dont believe in yourself, no one else will...

============KOBE===============
kbryant

Postby KB24Gold on Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:34 am

*huge sigh of relief* hats off to these Pistons once again, some true stallions. They are giving L.A. a harder time at this than expected. Karl Malone again shows why he deserves that ring & Kobe Bryant has done again. He truly does live for that moment and he responded in full fashion :ball3: Game 3 is going to be even tougher, I hope the lakers will do better.
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby Bulls Fan on Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:54 am

kbryant wrote:Yea im suprised too! if they fouled shaq, we wouldnt win that game!

if you give chance to kobe, you gotta be stupid :man13:

yeah for real man. I would have done everything in my power to make sure kobe does NOT get the ball. haha have shaq put up a 3 instead.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:11 pm

Yet another classic game in Lakers history, Kobe hits the game-tying 3 and Luke Walton plays like a veteran. Kobe was the hero but from now on Luke will be known as the Pistons killer. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby [Q8iZ] on Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:53 pm

The Pistons Got Confused At The End, When 'Sheed Lost The Ball..
And Prince Didnt Guard Kobe Bryant !
[Q8iZ]

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday