NBA Finals - Game 3 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:57 pm

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:SHAQ GOT 8 REBOUNDS TONIGHT.

He's so incredibly lazy.

And what happened to "I make them when it counts"?

Well Shaq, they COUNTED tonight!

Somebody please wake the Lakers up and tell them that they are down 2 to 1 in the FINALS!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think they know.

it counts every night.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:57 pm

Mr. Kuruption wrote:
Mr. Kuruption wrote:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:You know, the Pistons are looking like they actually want a championship. The Lakers on the other hand are looking like the JOKE of the NBA.

Just like the L.A. fans at Staples. :disagree:

You take a snippet from my post and talk crap? You don't bother to quote me on the fact that I say I have faith in this team but that they are giving me little to believe in. Are you going to sit there and tell me that I'm wrong? That the Lakers played great? The Piston were given very little chance of winning this. In fact, people were talking about a sweep. They Lakers have so much more heart than this. I just don't understand how they can let this Pistons team beat them by 20+ points. The Lakers only need to win 1 of these 3 in Detroit and we come back to LA and regain home court advantage. Right now thats easier said then done. Trust me I'm not a bandwagon fan. I'll root my Lakers on no matter what but I not blind either. I can admit that they got out played tonight. I can only hope that they find a sense or urgency and come out to play in game 4 and 5.

My comment simply said that the Laker fans at the Staples dont show any effort to root for their team anymore. Look at the Piston fans tonight they were loud, Laker fans aint, and yes Lakers NEED to win in Detroit or else its over.

Yeah, I feel ya. We have a bunch of bandwagon stars that buy tickets to Laker games but couldn't care less who actually wins. We need to get some real fans in there to bring some energy to this team. They were talking about how the fans were screaming outside the Lakers hotel and beeping their horns and stuff at 11:00 last night to keep the Lakers up. We need to find out where the Pistons stay and give them a taste of their own medicine.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby luis2k10 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:58 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Great game.

Shaq is fat and lazy.

Gary Payton flat out sucks.

Malone's injured.

George can't guard Prince.

Phil won't run any plays for Kobe or even give him shots.

We better show up for Game 4.

Gary Payton has been playing bad the whole season. Injuries happen. and George is just mental. The rest I dont agree with you at all. Stop playing the blame game. The Pistons wanted tonights game more than the Lakers and I must give crdit where credit is due.
luis2k10

Postby rw1 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:58 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:Unbelievable. major props to the pistons man....(and shame on MJ for trading Rip Hamilton)...you gotta give them credit. Personally, before the finals started...i thought it would be lakers in 5.

Now...I dont think its the lakers the pistons have to worry about...i think its the pistons the LAKERS have to worry about.

People have tried to analyze these losses 20 million ways and they just keep saying "oh its cuz the lakers cant do this...lakers didnt do that...." i think its just "The Pistons outplayed the Lakers." Personally, I hope the lakers step it up...for my own dumb reason I dont want Phil Jackson to lose in the finals. I kinda dont want Kobe to lose in the finals either. Anyway...great game for the pistons.

Believe me, the Piston fans and The Piston players have been waiting to see the Lakers best shot and truthfully have only seen it late in game 2. I do know the Pistons will not back down and they will challenge and play every minute of every game with all that they have to give.
rw1

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:59 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:

He's so incredibly lazy.

Somebody please wake the Lakers up and tell them that they are down 2 to 1 in the FINALS!!!!!!!!!!

it counts every night.

Absolutley!!!!!!!!!!
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby luis2k10 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:00 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:

He's so incredibly lazy.

I don't think they know.

Yeah I hate when people do that. Lakers lose a game and all the fingers go pointing at Shaq.

it counts every night.
Last edited by luis2k10 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
luis2k10

Postby lakers2112 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:02 pm

[b] Listen man. Shaq has always been one of the laziest players in the league. When he was younger, he could get away with it because he was so dominating. Not anymore.
These playoffs, the only times we saw him play hard was against the Spurs. Remember how memorable we thought that he would actually DIVE for a loose ball? Everybody marvelled. Why? Because he never does hustle plays like that.

His excuse for losing Game 1? "They wanted it a little more than us". Excuse me?? This is the Finals!!! Where is your f-cking pride??
lakers2112

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:03 pm

I'm not bagging on Shaq for no reason-- everyone saw him be incredibly lazy tonight.

How can you only grab 8 boards in a must-win game??
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Mr. Kuruption on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:05 pm

IMO Lakers need to win these next two games or else its over.
Mr. Kuruption

Postby shoe on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:05 pm

everyone sucked tonight and im pissed off and going to sleep :mad1:
shoe

Postby lakers2112 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:06 pm

I give credit to the Pistons. I never, not ONCE underestimated them. They have shown us how a team with heart and passion plays.

Too bad the guy who claims the Lakers are his team, Shaq, doesn't have much heart. But just watch him [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about not getting the ball again. Or maybe he'll just say "the Pistons wanted it a little bit more".

I feel sorry for Malone. It breaks my heart man. Shaq should show some b-lls and start playing like he wants this, if only because he owes it to Malone.
lakers2112

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:07 pm

lakers2112 wrote: Listen man. Shaq has always been one of the laziest players in the league. When he was younger, he could get away with it because he was so dominating. Not anymore.
These playoffs, the only times we saw him play hard was against the Spurs. Remember how memorable we thought that he would actually DIVE for a loose ball? Everybody marvelled. Why? Because he never does hustle plays like that.

His excuse for losing Game 1? "They wanted it a little more than us". Excuse me?? This is the Finals!!! [b]Where is your f-cking pride??

Agreed. He needs to quit bumpin his gums and play the game. The lakers just come in and think "yeah man we got this....cmom we beat the spurs..." and get real cocky.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Mr. Kuruption on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:08 pm

Plus before the finals Shaq is the one who said Lakers in 5...idiot
Mr. Kuruption

Postby lakers2112 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:12 pm

You know...the hole team sucked. But I did see his effort in some parts of the game. He tried.

With all the shots missed tonight, for a huge(the tallest guy on the court), powerful guy like Shaq to only get 8 rebounds is a joke. An embarrassment. Disrespectful to the fans. Bu you know what? He still got one more than the last game.

I am tired of his lack of effort. I am tired of his excuses.
lakers2112

Postby Mr. Kuruption on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:13 pm

Heh.

"Can you still dominate the finals Shaq?"

"Yes i just need to get the ball"

Moron you did but cant handle it so shut the hell up and play!
Mr. Kuruption

Postby FirstLady on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:13 pm

My stomach hurt the whole game and it still hurts. :man5:
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby lakers2112 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:16 pm

I told you Shaq was gonna complain about not getting ball. You can't get the ball if you're too f-cking lazy to try to get open.

Where was your rebounding with all those bricks both teams put up tonight. Where was your defense? Go to **** Shaq.
lakers2112

Postby MsEsquivel on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:23 pm

I can't believe Shaq complained about not getting the ball. :disagree: :disagree:

The Lounge Central
www.theloungecentral.com
MsEsquivel

Postby shoe on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:25 pm

he did????just now??? i didnt even watch post game stuff today
shoe

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:30 pm

FirstLady wrote:My stomach hurt the whole game and it still hurts. :man5:

my heart is crushed :man6:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby spriigan8 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:30 pm

I am incredibly upset at the lackluster play tonight. The Pistons have outplayed the Lakers in the three games that have been played. I look at the Lakers and they're playing very poorly. Tonight, Shaq and Kobe only scored a COMBINED twenty-five points! The coaching staff better change their gameplan or the championship will belong to Detroit.

The Lakers D had NO rotation, no help, and not enough movement. The offense was pathetic as well. I do give credit to Detroit's defense but I truly believed that the Lakers could not have played as poorly as they did tonight. And like many of you have believed, Luke Walton's game two heroics were a one time deal.

The coaching staff NEEDS to get Kobe MORE involved. How does he only get four shot attempts in the first half? This is the best Lakers all-around player and he only has four attempts? Another thing that is bothering me is Gary Payton. Why play him when he isn't being utilized to his potential? Again, the staff needs to set him up early. Run some pick'n rolls for him, ANYTHING! I agree with many of you: Shaq is a freakin LAZY bastard. You want shots? Move your slow-self....Well, I have more in my mind but this will do.....
spriigan8

Postby Mr. Kuruption on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:33 pm

shoe wrote:he did????just now??? i didnt even watch post game stuff today

Yeah he said on the press conference he can still dominate the finals he only needs the ball more.
Mr. Kuruption

Postby ilikelakers on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:36 pm

Does anyone know how many fouls were called on the Pistons in the 3rd and 4th quarters? Preferably separate numbers for each quarter, thanks.
ilikelakers

Postby Adam on Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:44 pm

The Realistic Laker returns to admit his earlier error in judgement concerning this Game 3.

OK, so we lost, I'm not heartbroken yet but my tummy is churning a little. It's too bad, all we need is someone else to divert a little attention away from our big two but we can't even get that.

That's what's so frustrating about Karl and Gary. Injury or no injury, these guys have failed answer the call for the most part. Sure, they have had nice games here and there but when we've needed solid performances, neither guy has shown up. Karl's worked hard and shown heart but Gary, let's say I have no words for him... It looks like maybe they were worth LESS than we paid for them!

Anyway, we can still win the series, after all I predicted it in six. However, we won't win unless someone can consistently support Shaq or Kobe. In the end THOSE are the two guys I feel for the most. After carrying this team on thier backs for last 3 years, they still can't get anyone to help them.

:man6:

Shame!

Adam
Adam

let it play out.

Postby belly6 on Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:17 pm

yawn, yawn,yawn. We have the best Players(#8,#34) they have better players. They are only focused on defense and obviously thats the one aspect of every sport that is based on team work and tenacity. I was happy to hear PJ and shaq not harp on the fact that #34 only went ot the line once. Yes I said once. The bottom line is they (meaning the pistons) have not shot the ball well, so if that continues we would think the SHOW should at least grab one game. I dont know. im frustrated but I feel really comfortable knowing we have #8. Well see. the 2 days off should do us better than them. They have no adjustments to make its all on the SHOW. Until we are down by 20 in a close out game with a minute left I will still be convinced we can overcome. I just have this strange feeling that this drama is all on par with the season. I mean lets face it.
With #8 on our side we will always have a chance.
belly6

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight