Saturday, Mar. 13
5:30 pm
TV: KCAL, Telemundo
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 88
Bulls - 81

Bryant Clutch For Lakers
Kobe Bryant scored four key points in the final 35 seconds to lead the Lakers to an 88-81 win in Chicago on Saturday. Bryant finished with 35 points and eight rebounds and Karl Malone grabbed 13 boards and handed out seven assists for Los Angeles, which is fourth in the Western Conference race.

Post your comments here...

Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:32 pm

A nice W against a less than sub-par team. Hopefully Kobe can find his touch, and if he's not hitting shots I hope he doesn't become a ball hog and get other teamates involved.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:35 pm

Bulls Injury Report
    Fizer: Injury Status: Ankle; I-L

Pippen: Injury Status: Knee; I-L

Jefferies: Injury Status: Back; I-L
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:37 pm

In case you didn't know, the Bulls are also play a back to back. They got beat by the Nets 76-88. So hopefully they will be tired and we can get an easy win against da Bulls.
JSM

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:41 pm

Hey, I wonder if Kobe will play tommorow. Remember he collided with somebody at the end of the Minnesota game. I really hope he's ok...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby magicmoment on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:42 pm

it was mad dog.. but hopefully he's good
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby K8BE on Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:09 am

NO DOUBT!!!! :jam2:
K8BE

Postby KoToTheB on Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:50 am

i hope karl can get some more minutes tonight, hope hes up to it. Should be an easy win, bt then again, thats what i thought about that game against Atlanta.

If Kobe is hurting, now that we gopt karl back, please sit this one out, youre not gonna lose any respect......He coul;d prolly sit out the next 4 games or so

Chicago, Orlando, Clip, Clip
KoToTheB

Postby magicmoment on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:22 am

yah.. this should be an easy win.. but yes, hopefully they are tired. but since they lost, they might want a come back.
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby JSM on Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:57 am

Probable Starters

GP/Hinrich
Kobe/Crawford
Fox/Williams
Malone/Davis
Shaq/Johnson
(this should be funny)
JSM

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:40 pm

blowout. Lakers are gonna go undefeated from now on.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby noxcel on Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:48 pm

We gonna OWN this bulls team. KOBE, KARL, PAYTON, SHAQ, and SLAVA will all have a great game. Lakers 120 | 80 Bulls.

GO LAKERS, ITS PLAYOFF TIME, EVERY GAME IS IMPORTANT :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
noxcel

Postby Bulls Fan on Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:27 pm

Hopefully it will be at least a good game like every other Bulls vs. Lakers games (strangely the Bulls keep up with the lakers somehow). But then again...who knows...maybe they have lost their will completely.

I still expect somewhat of a challenge from my bulls.

Lakers win

103 - 96

i think the bulls will do OK during the 1st half, and f up the 3rd quarter, have a mini run in the 4th, but screw up again with 2 min left....lol the typical "BULLSh*t" pattern.

Whatever the case..i must support my lowly "less than sub par" team..

Go Bulls! :jam2:
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby BDG on Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:36 pm

Nice post Bulls Fan!

If anyone cares or speaks Spanish, the game's on Telemundo tonight.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:39 pm

if we let this one get away, we can kiss that championship good bye.

kidding.......i will never give up on the lakers, but if we do lose, that'll really suck :man2:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby JSM on Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:40 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote: If anyone cares or speaks Spanish, the game's on Telemundo tonight.

hmmm....I guess Spanish is than nothing, I may tune it in and put it on mute or something. I take Spanish, but I don't know if I could put up with an entire game being commentated on in Spanish
JSM

Postby Adam on Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:47 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Bulls Injury Report

Unfortunately all this means is that we'll struggle to contain the Bulls' lesser known players as I'm sure The Lakers will allow some NOBODY to get thier career high in points!

Face it guys, we're a bad team. I'm tired of "waiting until..." This isn't 2001-2002 when Shaq actually had elevation in his jump and LA could at least win some statement games during the season. This year we haven't beaten one quality Western Conference opponent except The Spurs! We struggle against decent teams let alone good ones. Our free throws shooting is horrible, our bench production comes from guys who have never won a championship (Rush, Walton) while the men with the experience (George, Slava) play as if they're just out of college. Not to mention the additional hexes bestowed upon us this year:

Kobe's trial (who by the way has the fate of the championship in his hands, and to think after the first game of the season people said, "LA can win it all without him.")

Injuries (take your pick)

Excuses ("when Karl comes back," "when Kobe is healthy," etc.)

Look, I've been an NBA fan for a long time, and I've seen this happen before, a great team on the decline trying to hang on with excuse after excuse. I'm afraid what used to be confidence has turned into false hope for our guys. This is OUR Lakers people but that's right, we STILL have 17 games to get going so we'll be fine, right?

WRONG!

Adam
The realistic Laker
Adam

Postby murcielago62 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:54 pm

Adam wrote:

Unfortunately all this means is that we'll struggle to contain the Bulls' lesser known players as I'm sure The Lakers will allow some NOBODY to get thier career high in points!

Face it guys, we're a bad team. I'm tired of "waiting until..." This isn't 2001-2002 when Shaq actually had elevation in his jump and LA could at least win some statement games during the season. This year we haven't beaten one quality Western Conference opponent except The Spurs! We struggle against decent teams let alone good ones. Our free throws shooting is horrible, our bench production comes from guys who have never won a championship (Rush, Walton) while the men with the experience (George, Slava) play as if they're just out of college. Not to mention the additional hexes bestowed upon us this year:

Kobe's trial (who by the way has the fate of the championship in his hands, and to think after the first game of the season people said, "LA can win it all without him.")

Look, I've been an NBA fan for a long time, and I've seen this happen before, a great team on the decline trying to hang on with excuse after excuse. I'm afraid what used to be confidence has turned into false hope for our guys. This is OUR Lakers people but that's right, we STILL have 17 games to get going so we'll be fine, right?

WRONG!

Adam
The realistic Laker

That's one of thye dumbest things I've ever heard...The Kings' bench production comes from people who've won titles? same with Mavs, right?
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:02 pm

Adam wrote:

WRONG!

Adam
The realistic Laker

I sort of agree with you...this has been a topsy-turvy season and there are some downsides to this...but I still believe you're taking it to the extreme, we have veterans you know, they can sort out this problem...what really amazes me was that you didn't lay any of the blame on our idiotic coach P-Jax

But this should be an easy V. I'm all ups for it, especially if Curry doesn't play. Chicago is in a state of disarray, and they weren't supposed to be, but they don't like Eddie Robinson, Tyson Chandler, and Marcus Fizer anymore---Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry have also been mentioned in the trading block--and Corie Blount and Roger Mason Jr. are gone. Jessh...its like they're trading their whole team away...the Jay Williams curse? And you thought that w/ vets like Scottie, Kendall Gill, Antonio Davis and Jerome Williams they would be good--but after they waived Trenton Hassell, young Bruce, they are falling apart..lousy coach and GM. They have no namers like Linton Johnson, Ronald Dupree and Paul Shirley..and like Gunnero Pargo. What is that? A development league team?
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:19 pm

Is it just me or does the Bulls mascot look like Alf?

Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kb8theGreat on Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:53 pm

............its just u........... :man10:
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby outfear on Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:37 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Is it just me or does the Bulls mascot look like Alf?

sure looks ugly tho :man9:
outfear

Postby outfear on Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:40 pm

just wondering...why Lakers donot have a mascot...even a ugly one :man4:
outfear

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:35 pm

The Lakers had better win this one. After getting beat by the T-Wolves last night, this game is important to make up ground in the playoff race. I hope Kobe can play and Karl gets more PT. At this point I don't care what the margin of victory is. And Adam, I don't think you're realistic, but you need to correct your post, you're a Laker FAN, not a Laker. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:37 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Is it just me or does the Bulls mascot look like Alf?

No, Alf is way better-looking, and he doesn't grab his crotch like the mascot is doing in that picture. :man10:
lakerzrule

Next

Return to Lakers Game Tonight