Sat. 1/7 @ Clippers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LakersFan8 on Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:13 pm

yooo my God Kobe is great now none can stop me from thinking hes best in couple what u guys think ppl might compare him to wilt chamnberlin making 45 points a night
LakersFan8

Postby Startrex on Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:28 pm

scheven wrote:http://www.clubclippers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148
LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT CC!!! :man10: :man10: :man10:
:lol:

:man10: :man10: Luckily I didn't post any yesterday.
Now, Kobe must be on that list too. :man9: :man9:
Purple and 24K Gold
Startrex

Postby Startrex on Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:29 pm

TXLAKERFAN wrote:so Kobe put up 50-8-8 yet there were people in here :man6:
Purple and 24K Gold
Startrex

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:48 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10:

the people on that site actually think the clippers are good

Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby nbafan on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:11 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
LOsMyGuy wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:summery

-terrible defense
-terrible Lamar like usual
-terrible FT shooting

good
-Kobe put on an unreal show in the second half. It was just insane.

yea its real easy producing while 1 guy plays selfish throughout the entire game, right. great post

stop whining. Your guy doesn´t have it. accept it or troll somewhere else. We know your opinions and we are not high on them.

It's very easy for people to blame Kobe.. 41 shots is a lot..

but, Lamar's lack of scoring or defense has little to do with Kobe.. When have we ever seen Lamar energetic? When have we ever seen him play like he cared?

and as for that poster's comments about players not wanting to play with Kobe, Lamar's "God" comments about Kobe and him hugging and laughing with Kobe on the bench the previous game sure doesn't seem like Lamar hates to play with Kobe.

oh wait, this guy knows Lamar more than Lamar knows himself.. yeah, that's it.
nbafan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:24 pm

scheven wrote:Image

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby nameant on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:32 pm

:man10: what the hell is this about? why am i on that list? oh well. :man10:
nameant

Postby nameant on Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:40 pm

nameant wrote:

:man10: what the hell is this about? why am i on that list? oh well. :man10:

hey i just went to clubclippers to check out that thread you posted...and there is a topic SOMEHOW started by me, even though i just registered like 5 seconds ago.. the topic is as follows...

TITLE: Ok, they beat phoenix
post: i know its only 1 team but still, it is an elite team so i want to apologize to all clipper supporters for bashing on the clippers all the time. now i should buy an elton brand bobblehead and take it up my a**.

what the hell is that about? do these people seriously obsess over clublakers that much where they have to pick out people who have never even been to their site and imitate them? the username says "nameant" but below it says guest. if i'm not mistaken...wouldnt that have been done by a mod? wtf...
nameant

Postby lalfan on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:26 pm

i was at the game last nite sitting in section 118 in the middle of a lot of clipper fans. i don't know why so much hatred toward kobe amongest clipper fans??? because he didn't sign with them??? and the crowd pleasing shows between the timouts are soooo amature felt like i was at a college game, they even hired some male cheerleader to hype the fans up.
lalfan

Postby COBRAKOBE on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:38 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

CLASSIC- :man10:
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
COBRAKOBE

Postby COBRAKOBE on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:40 pm

Article on game

One-Man Show Wins Him Over
He's thrown shiny televisions and flagrant elbows, and that's just in the last two weeks.

He's ripped the league and chided teammates, and that's just since Christmas.

He's cost his team games by being suspended, cost them games by being wild, cost them credibility simply by being Kobe.

But, goodness, he's fun. And gracious, he's good.

And during moments like the fourth quarter of Saturday's Laker-Clipper game at Staples Center, when Kobe Bryant goes beyond all that, beyond words, beyond wonder, beyond the roof?

Maybe everyone needs to just shut up and clap.

Love him or hate him, maybe it's time this town just relax and let Kobe Bryant entertain them.

I'm writing this with three minutes left in a game that the Clippers were controlling, until Kobe.

I'm writing this while completely changing a column I had previously written, until Kobe.

The Lakers defeated the Clippers, 112-109, and I probably blew my deadline by an equal margin, because of Kobe.

Twenty-two points in that fourth quarter. A spinning, falling, banking layup through three defenders in the final seconds, giving the Lakers the lead for the last time. Tight defense on Shaun Livingston that led to a Smush Parker steal that clinched it.

Fifty points for the game. Forty points for the second half.

Unplugged Kobe. Crazy theater. Mad TV.

No, this wasn't his 62-point night against Dallas. It was better than that. That game was an exhibition of his talent. This game was a display of his will.

Yes, in the final minutes, he shot too much. Overall, his 50 points took 41 shots, and that is too many. But as everyone knows, there are times with Bryant when you must take the bad with the good.

This, in the end, was all good. Because he did it in the end.

You know Bryant's power. We all know his power. We may resent it, or grow tired of it, or feel he occasionally abuses it, but he's got it.

Beginning in the fourth quarter, he owned the building with it.

Clippers led, 82-78. Bryant had hit made nine of 23 shots. His teammates looked tired. The Clippers looked inspired.

Bryant's first shot missed, but the ball bounced out of bounds off the Clippers, and the Lakers retained possession.

And here he came.

A fall-away three pointer. Good. Another fall-away three pointer. Good. Another quick jumper. Good.

In between these Bryant baskets, the Clippers committed three turnovers and suddenly trailed by four.

"Ko-be, Ko-be, Ko-be" cried the crowd.

And it was a Clipper home game.

A soaring three pointer. Good. He was double-teamed so he passed to Brian Cook for a three pointer. Good.

By then, the Lakers were up by six points, at which point Bryant made another three pointer to make it a nine-point lead.

And on it went for the rest of the quarter, Bryant either scoring, passing to a man who was open because he was desperately double-teamed, or driving to the hoop and getting fouled.

Double teams became triple teams. After one whistle, Cuttino Mobley simply grabbed Bryant and spun him around as if attempting to diminish his heat.

It was so freakish, Sam Cassell laughed, Mike Dunleavy looked to the heavens and sighed, and those 20,154 feuding fans suddenly seemed to join the same team.

"Ko-be, Ko-be, Ko-be."

As usual, he didn't just give the Lakers a victory, but the brief inspiration of avoiding losing four consecutive games to the Clippers for the first time since the Clips moved to Los Angeles in 1983.

Not to mention, he thumped the town out of its basketball doldrums.

Entering the latest edition of the city rivalry, it was the resistible force against the movable object, the tortoise and the tortoise, David squared.

It was two struggling basketball teams in the biggest game in town since the Rose Bowl, only this time it was USC's defense against USC's defense.

The Clippers entered the game having won three of their last 11 games.

"We're treading water here," said Coach Mike Dunleavy.

The Lakers entered the game have won only one of their last six games.

"This game would have been more interesting if we were playing like they were playing -- 'treading water,' " said Coach Phil Jackson. "Because we're sinking."

Amid all the splashing and kicking, there emerged one clear advantage. The Lakers had hot Kobe Bryant. The Clippers did not have injured Corey Maggette.

It should have been enough.

And, man, was it ever.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
COBRAKOBE

Postby Showtime is Magic on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:31 am

COBRAKOBE wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

CLASSIC- :man10:

Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Showtime is Magic on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:33 am

lalfan wrote:i was at the game last nite sitting in section 118 in the middle of a lot of clipper fans. i don't know why so much hatred toward kobe amongest clipper fans??? because he didn't sign with them??? and the crowd pleasing shows between the timouts are soooo amature felt like i was at a college game, they even hired some male cheerleader to hype the fans up.

1. Clipper fans have no class like Laker Fans.
2. Celebs are limited, who is their only celeb. I forgot. Oh yeah THIS GUY
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby eNlight on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:48 am

Steve Physioc did a great job, i like to hear this guy's voice. its so relaxing and he just takes you away. its exciting. too bad he's the angel's play by play announcer
eNlight

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:19 am

eNlight wrote:Steve Physioc did a great job, i like to hear this guy's voice. its so relaxing and he just takes you away. its exciting. too bad he's the angel's play by play announcer

He is absolutely fantastic. He did a wonderful job replacing Joel. I loved his game winning shot call for Kobe's floater at the end. I'm using the call in my new video!!!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday