Sat. 12/25 vs. Heat - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:30 pm

kobe's gonna get all fired up now....

Postby Cleansed on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:30 pm

Yes Atkins charge was moronic.....

Yes Kobe's 9 TO's didnt help....

Yes some guys folded defensively under pressure......

But the reason we lost was because of our offensive plan (or lack of it).
Upgrade at Point and perhaps we lose a touch of fire power. Upgrade our offensive plan and we play a more controled smart game.

THATS what cost us..lack of a plan. It hurts but its the truth. The Lakers are trying to win on Kobe alone (hell ...does he have backup?).

Was it neccesary to try to hit the game winner when Rudy could have told him to try to head to overtime? Id prefer to error on the side of caution.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:31 pm

Let me explain something...

The Lakers, when needed, played out of control. In overtime, they were overpassing... and not running any set offense. Where's the simple pick and roll? Where's the simple penetrate and dish?

The play around 44 seconds summed up the Lakers' main problem in the clutch... growing pains my friends... growing pains.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Furious D on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:31 pm

kingprince22 wrote:Odom should've shot the last shot because he was on fire
I totally agree. Kobe was out of the picture. You got to feed the hot hand. All we needed was some patented Lamar Odom Basketball.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby grego on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:31 pm

Neener wrote:The Lakers would have won this close game if they went to Odom in the post more often, he scored at will. We will be such a good team once Rudy figures out that Odom has to be the 2nd option.

He's very under utilized. It would save some energy for Kobe to do more clutch stuff in the 4th as well, if Rudy put more focus on Odom during the games.
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Supastas on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:31 pm

Odom was great but he also missed a huge free throw to take the 95-94 lead. That was exactly what I was thinking too, this free throw is huge! Oh well, they got dominated in the OT less the two Odom threes. You won't win many OT's if you can't execute.
Supastas

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:32 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Let me explain something...

The Lakers, when needed, played out of control. In overtime, they were overpassing... and not running any set offense. Where's the simple pick and roll? Where's the simple penetrate and dish?

The play around 44 seconds summed up the Lakers' main problem in the clutch... growing pains my friends... growing pains.

:man6: but as kobe has said it, we have to move one
Last edited by Guest on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Furious D on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:32 pm

Yeah they didnt exectute anything in OT. Personally I was looking for an isolation for Kobe or Odom.
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Cleansed on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:33 pm

Neener wrote:The Lakers would have won this close game if they went to Odom in the post more often, he scored at will. We will be such a good team once Rudy figures out that Odom has to be the 2nd option.

Once Rudy figures out.....

Thats seems to be a recurring statement........
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:33 pm

Lateralus wrote:For the first time I actually agree with Shaq's comment about "not having to score 50 points to prove someone's better than the other". It almost seemed as if Kobe wanted to score as many points as he could just to prove he's a great player. Well for the 16th time this season he proved it, but we lost.

i don't think Kobe did it to prove he is a great player. He took shots he thought he can make and I'm ok with that. Kobe played a great game.
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Real Deal on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:33 pm

After all I put out for this game, not only from the net and for CL, but also for food, renting a gym to watch the game in, etc...we lost. I don't even wanna talk about the game...I'm pissed off at everyone in a Laker jersey right now.

And Rudy T...especially Rudy T.
Real Deal

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:33 pm

Furious D wrote:

Yeah they didnt exectute anything in OT. Personally I was looking for an isolation for Kobe or Odom.

Well not only was the execution terrible in OT, they were out of control. :man2:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Crazed on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:34 pm

too many damn TOs in overtime.

Too many threes, though the two odom took kept us in this game. I thought they should of looked to odom for the last shot instead of kobe since they doubled teammed kobe off the dribble.
Crazed

Postby lakerfool on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:35 pm

Suntzu wrote:Yes Atkins charge was moronic.....

Yes Kobe's 9 TO's didnt help....

Yes some guys folded defensively under pressure......

But the reason we lost was because of our offensive plan (or lack of it).
Upgrade at Point and perhaps we lose a touch of fire power. Upgrade our offensive plan and we play a more controled smart game.

THATS what cost us..lack of a plan. It hurts but its the truth. The Lakers are trying to win on Kobe alone (hell ...does he have backup?).

Was it neccesary to try to hit the game winner when Rudy could have told him to try to head to overtime? Id prefer to error on the side of caution.

Lack of offense? Both teams scored over 100

We lost because of STUPID MISTAKES, the Odom foul, the Basura charge

How do you know Rudy drew up for Kobe to take a 3? Kobe always takes 3's at teh end, this one just didn't go in

STUPID MISTAKES COST US THE GAME. It was an EXCELLENT GAME. We took teh BEST TEAM IN THE EAST to overtime, and challenged them to the last shot. NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby Furious D on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:36 pm

Has anyone else realized that this is our 3rd straight loss on Christmas Day? What a bummer huh.
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:36 pm

well....we'll just have to blow them out in their home the next game like we did to the kings :man9:

Postby lakerfanimal on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:36 pm

do u guys remember i think in the third or fourth quarter, the ball would go to kobe, they ran the same screen n roll about 5 times in a row, and only one time did kobe get points off of it, which was from free throws. Rudy T needs to open up the offense instead of worrying about growing pains
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:36 pm

kingprince22 wrote:well....we'll just have to blow them out in their home the next game like we did to the kings :man9:
:man9: :man9: :man9: :man9:

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:38 pm

I just realized that I'm starving to death....well I better have lunch now and just eat as much as I can to forget this loss :hungry:

Postby Supastas on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:39 pm

Kobe played a pretty good game actually untill Shaq fouled out. It seemed like their defense got better when Shaq left and Kobe couldn't penetrate as effectively. I don't think he scored at all after the free throws.
Supastas

Postby KB24 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:39 pm

All in all its good to compete against good teams! The BIGGEST difference between great teams and mediocre teams is to win close games! THe better teams always wins! Thats always the case no matter! There are 2 possibilities to win close games! Either you are clutch or the opponrnt chok! We are mediocre and we know that! I give them 1 year to find a way to be competetive(we are competetive now but to be SMART)! They are young and are choking! Time and experience will help! We are 14-12 and we could have been 20-6 if we were great but we are not smart enaugh now! COULD DOESN`T COUNT! WE LOST but i´m fine with that one! Everybody expected a loss and we fought! Mihm could slow shaq down and Kobe could outplay Wade for the most part of the game! Kobesf**kin TOs made them score freakin easy layups but thats it! Get used to it because it wasn´t the last time! :bang:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:43 pm

TO BE IN ALL HONESTY:

KOBE JUST TRIED TO TOP SHAQ AND WHEN SHAQ WENT OUT HE STARTED TO PLAL REGULAR..........KOBE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF PLAYING LIKE HE WAS>>>>>>>>>OVERALL GOOD GAME BY BOTH SHAQ AND KOBE.

I HOPE DW AND SHAQ ARE HEALTHY.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:47 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:TO BE IN ALL HONESTY:

KOBE JUST TRIED TO TOP SHAQ AND WHEN SHAQ WENT OUT HE STARTED TO PLAL REGULAR..........KOBE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF PLAYING LIKE HE WAS>>>>>>>>>OVERALL GOOD GAME BY BOTH SHAQ AND KOBE.

ok now you gone and said something dumb

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby methodnred on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:47 pm

It just seems to me like Kobe is always tired by the end of games, the Lakers need to get a good PG so Kobe can play SG, then the team will be fine.
methodnred

Postby lakerfool on Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:48 pm

Crono0801 wrote:
Shaq Fan wrote:TO BE IN ALL HONESTY:

ok now you gone and said something dumb
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday