Sat. 2/6 - Lakers @ Blazers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sat. 2/6 - Lakers @ Blazers - Predictions & Comments

Postby jbum on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 pm

even powell scores..
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby jbum on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:20 pm

like i said earlier... lakers by 20pts??? wishful thinking.
Last edited by jbum on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby karacha on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Well, I guess we should let Kobe rest some more let Pau/LO rebound, Artest and Shannon score.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm

:man10: Lamar with the stats reflecting his true MVP abilities :jam2:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby jbum on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:21 pm

make a 3...

jbum

Postby jbum on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm

folks it was a real treat watching the team tonight..

jbum

Postby lakers_09tv on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Kobe mvp! wrote:
OgLaker101 wrote:
jbum wrote:how long is kobe out?

hopefully till the all-star break (with the way we played tonight)

so we won one game against portland with no roy, and you saying lakers are better without Kobe? how a smart guy.. how dumb.

You aren't very smart are you?

We want Kobe to get HEALTHY. If he isn't healthy we aren't winning a damn thing this year.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Lamar you dumbarse that should have been my gamewinning lay up prediction :man10: :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kkmrx7 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:22 pm

keep kobe out. let everyone get some confidence and swagger. this can only help us in the long run.
Yeah, I stole the sig.
kkmrx7

Postby jbum on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 pm

hopefully we can get that kind of play and similar rotation (listen Phil!) going forward. i know that's asking a lot but...

jbum

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 pm

LakerPride247 wrote:Well now according to these two clowns it's the fans fault Portland is getting torched.

Of course. Everyone knows Portland can't win if the crowd can't boo #24 when he walks up to the stripe.

Man, after this game looked like it was in the fridge I decided to check out the POR feed to see what all the fuss regarding the announcers was about. Apparently tonight's game was sponsored by hatorade. One thing I'll say about Joel and Stu is that they almost always choose to criticize the Lakers during a bad game rather than knock and mock the other team.

Now I know why folks who don't have access to KCAL9 or FSN are always so intense during games. That ish would annoy the crap outta me too.
Last edited by bruddahmanmatt on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Venti Quattro on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:23 pm

karacha wrote:Well, I guess we should let Kobe rest some more let Pau/LO rebound, Artest and Shannon score.

I doubt Kobe sits Monday at home vs. SA on TNT, but it was a nice win. But Portland didn't have Roy, so nothing to get too excited about.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby jbum on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:
karacha wrote:Well, I guess we should let Kobe rest some more let Pau/LO rebound, Artest and Shannon score.

I doubt Kobe sits Monday at home vs. SA on TNT, but it was a nice win. But Portland didn't have Roy, so nothing to get too excited about.

well, you should really be looking for 'how' the team played more so than a W or a L. it's been the "how" that most people have been unhappy about more so than our 38-13 record.

so i say kudos to the Lakers...

jbum

Postby LakerPride247 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:26 pm

jbum wrote:folks it was a real treat watching the team tonight..

It really was. It was one of, if not the best, games as far as teamwork goes that we've had this season.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby jackflag on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 pm

jbum wrote:i think it's too early to say shannon is out of control. he helps more than he hurts the team and from what i see, his play actually helps this team that often has no energy and aggressiveness.

we rarely see penetration from a guard anymore (fish, even farmar to some extent) and it's refreshing to see some difference.

I don't mean to say he's not contributing effectively. He's definitely doing a good job and helping the team. It just seems this year he's a bit more trigger happy and he's taking shots we could do without. Last year he was much more careful. This year he's doing the dribble, dribble, dribble shoot thing more.

Really, all of our PG's do that. But I expect it from Farmar and Fisher, Shannon was the guy I counted on last year to not force anything. Then noticed early in the year he was calling his own # a lot more often than last.

It hasn't been a major issue or anything, just something I noticed that has potential to become one.
jackflag

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 pm

Venti Quattro wrote:

Bro don't blaspheme the effort of the almighty Lamar, it sickens me that you won't appreciate his work to win finally in Portland and stick it to those mofos...too bad he missed that emphatic dunk :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LakerPride247 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
LakerPride247 wrote:Well now according to these two clowns it's the fans fault Portland is getting torched.

Of course. Everyone knows Portland can't win if the crowd can't boo #24 when he walks up to the stripe.

Man, after this game looked like it was in the fridge I decided to check out the POR feed to see what all the fuss regarding the announcers was about. Apparently tonight's game was sponsored by hatorade. One thing I'll say about Joel and Stu is that they almost always choose to criticize the Lakers during a bad game rather than knock and mock the other team.

Now I know why folks who don't have access to KCAL9 or FSN are always so intense during games. That ish would annoy the crap outta me too.

These two for Portland are the worst two in the NBA. Tommy Heinsohn can't touch these two, especially with how things went tonight.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby shoe on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:28 pm

wow, i haven't seen the lakers hustle like that in a while

no kobe really put a spark in this team

i know there was no brandon roy, but still a great win

good job ron, pau, shannon, fish, farmar
shoe

Postby Venti Quattro on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
Venti Quattro wrote:

Bro don't blaspheme the effort of the almighty Lamar, it sickens me that you won't appreciate his work to win finally in Portland and stick it to those mofos...too bad he missed that emphatic dunk :man10:

Oh no, Lamar was a beast, Ron played like the first option he can be...basically took over the momentun heading to halftime, and Pau was creating from the post. Also, Shannon was huge of the bench. But, I'm not gonna sit here and think a Kobe less team can beat anyone when we played a team who was without their star.
March 21, 1999:

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
Venti Quattro

Postby dj vitus on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 pm

dj vitus wrote:I have a strange feeling we are going to win this one.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:31 pm

Ron Artest has not been getting the recognition he deserves as of late. Guy has been an absolute beast ever since the latter end of the big road trip. Amidst all the talk of Kobe's numerous injuries, Pau's slump since Cleveland and the Laker's woes as a team he's been the one consistent bright spot IMO. LO had a hell of a game as well but Ron Artest has consistently been the best player on the floor for LA in recent games.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby lakersyunowin on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:39 pm

kobe sits, lakers win. O_o
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Kobe mvp! on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:42 pm

fklukewalton wrote:kobe sits, lakers win. O_o

yeah, we dont need Kobe at hall! we can win the champs easly without him! forget about him!
go sasha and shannon. :bang:
Kobe mvp!

Postby cameron on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:46 pm

First of all, I'm new here, so sorry if this is in the wrong thread, section, etc.

Does anyone (or will anyone) have a copy of this game I could download? Like a torrent or something like that? If it makes it any easier, I only want the minute or so of gametime Patrick Mills got.

Thanks in advance.
cameron

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:54 pm

shoe wrote:wow, i haven't seen the lakers hustle like that in a while

no kobe really put a spark in this team

i know there was no brandon roy, but still a great win

good job ron, pau, shannon, fish, farmar

I notice you didn't put Lamar in there...Obviously you are a firm believer like me that this is just a regular
game for Odom :man9:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight