Sat. 1/14 - Lakers "@" Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sat. 1/14 - Lakers "@" Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Postby GoldHammish on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 pm

kray28 wrote:
Just ignore I'm adding this annoyance to my ignore list

Not necessarily saying I've added him to mine, but I have noticed that I've added more people to my ignore list than usual...
GoldHammish

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:16 pm

The Original 81 wrote:These Clipper announcers the most pathetic couple of idiots I've ever listened to in my life. The ENTIRE game the color commentator has been trying to push his agenda of how selfish Kobe is. After Pau misses a shot, his reasoning is "well he hasn't touched the ball in 8 minutes".

Meanwhile he took a 3 pointer two possessions ago...

I know what you mean. The entire 4th... "Bynum hasn't touched the ball" "That's the first time he touches the ball. Look! He passed to Kobe"

These guys are total idiots.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 pm

If Griffin died I'd probably get banned for making celebration threads. #bruddahisad***head
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 pm

I'll chalk this up to tired Lakers more than anything else.

It would be nice if this combined with a few more dropped games this week forces some trading to happen. :man9:
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:17 pm

got outclashed
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby kray28 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 pm

Rooscooter wrote:Only a Clippers announcer would count pre-season games..... :man10: :man10:

Smith reminds me of a drunken hobo that just won the lottery and doesn't know what do with the money. That probably describes a large chunk to Clipper fans as well
kray28

Postby trodgers on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 pm

So, why will the Lakers likely struggle?

1. Kobe will shoot too many jumper, leading to CP3 transition lobs to Jordan and Griffin.

He shot 50% for the game, and I saw very few transition lobs.

2. Gasol and Bynum will be in foul trouble as CP3 and Mo Williams destroy Fish and Morris all night. No Blake will really hurt the Lakers.

Gasol and Bynum combined for 6 PFs. Mo Williams didn't play.

3. The Bench. Sigh. Not even close. Mo will have 25 points himself.

Our bench outscored them 13-10. Williams, again, didn't play.

How the HELL is that "almost called it"? :man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby BadCoaching on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Always sucks to lose.. especially to the Clippers. Too many games in too little time.

Kobe played well.. even starting off poorly he ended very strong. Team isn't clicking that's for sure.. and the Clips aren't all that great. Have a feeling the top tier teams are going to be insanely hard to compete with this season. Bynum has turned into his tired/slow version already.

Kobe is the only one who can create his own shot when Bynum is tired and Pau is hiding 30ft from the basket. How many times did we see the ball slapped/chucked/hummed/thrown/punted back at him when he'd make a pass tonight..
BadCoaching

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:21 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
trodgers wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Think Kobe will let Drew and Gasol work over LO and Dirk. Bynum should demand a trade. This Kobe shoots more than Bynum and Gasol combined is stupid, stupid, stupid. Ignore our strength. great.

No one is demanding a trade. And Kobe just carried this team for a half. He is our greatest strength. And Gasol and Bynum combined to shoot more than Kobe did.

Can't argue with stupid....

Puff your self. Kobe can score 90 a game. But when the Lakers lose, and the bigs are disinterested, that is "Stupid" basketball. Way too many jump shots. Yes, Kobe was great at times. But we are wasting Drew and Gasol playing this way. "Can't argue with stupid."
tigerjeterkobe

Postby kray28 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Team was pretty tired and ice cold...outside of Kobe inte second half. Also we are breaking in a rookie point who got taken to the woodshed by CP3...and our bigs didn't rebound today.
kray28

Postby trodgers on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:22 pm

I would like to see a few more plays called for the bigs. Nothing crazy. I don't have a problem with the distribution, but I know the bigs like to have plays called for them, as opposed to getting theirs in the flow of the game. Kobe gets Isolations a good deal, and he's able to control the flow, but for the bigs who are dependent upon Kobe's (and others') decisions, how about a couple of plays per game for each of our seven footers? I liked how they worked on the defensive end today. Both of them, in fact. And I liked seeing four more assists from Bynum. That's big.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 pm

trodgers wrote:
So, why will the Lakers likely struggle?

1. Kobe will shoot too many jumper, leading to CP3 transition lobs to Jordan and Griffin.

He shot 50% for the game, and I saw very few transition lobs.

2. Gasol and Bynum will be in foul trouble as CP3 and Mo Williams destroy Fish and Morris all night. No Blake will really hurt the Lakers.

Gasol and Bynum combined for 6 PFs. Mo Williams didn't play.

3. The Bench. Sigh. Not even close. Mo will have 25 points himself.

Our bench outscored them 13-10. Williams, again, didn't play.

How the HELL is that "almost called it"? :man10:

Uhh, cause they struggled and lost. What about the other point -- not athletic enough and outhustled. Care do predict the next 5 too, master?
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 pm

trodgers wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Think Kobe will let Drew and Gasol work over LO and Dirk. Bynum should demand a trade. This Kobe shoots more than Bynum and Gasol combined is stupid, stupid, stupid. Ignore our strength. great.

No one is demanding a trade. And Kobe just carried this team for a half. He is our greatest strength. And Gasol and Bynum combined to shoot more than Kobe did.

Kobe will be asking for a trade this season according to Stephen A. Smith
Uncle_Meat

Postby assassin08 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 pm

kray28 wrote:Team was pretty tired and ice cold...outside of Kobe inte second half. Also we are breaking in a rookie point who got taken to the woodshed by CP3...and our bigs didn't rebound today.

I liked what I saw from Morris, he showed some fight, if not enough to offset what Paul did for the Clippers.

The boards... yeah...

Obviously it's a loss, but I'm not as discouraged as I thought I would be, given the circumstances.

:mad1: at the refs.
"I've learned that I have the strength to change."

- Al Pacino as Michael Corleone

assassin08

Postby kray28 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 pm

trodgers wrote:I would like to see a few more plays called for the bigs. Nothing crazy. I don't have a problem with the distribution, but I know the bigs like to have plays called for them, as opposed to getting theirs in the flow of the game. Kobe gets Isolations a good deal, and he's able to control the flow, but for the bigs who are dependent upon Kobe's (and others') decisions, how about a couple of plays per game for each of our seven footers? I liked how they worked on the defensive end today. Both of them, in fact. And I liked seeing four more assists from Bynum. That's big.

Outside of getting the ball to Kobe, and Bynum doing handoffs at the top of the key, I can't really say much fr this offense.

Is it misusing the bigs? Yes. But I think we lack a dribble penetrator who can get the bigs the ball in prime coring position. (yes, Kobe can do it...sometimes an Morris maybe can too, but it will take time)
kray28

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:27 pm

kray28 wrote:Team was pretty tired and ice cold...outside of Kobe inte second half. Also we are breaking in a rookie point who got taken to the woodshed by CP3...and our bigs didn't rebound today.

Woodshed, yes. But there were some moments of fight in the rookie that I liked. That confidence may come out soon this season. He made some nice passes. And didn't seem afraid. I liked that.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby trodgers on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Uncle_Meat wrote:
trodgers wrote:

Kobe will be asking for a trade this season according to Stephen A. Smith

Are you and tigerjeterkobe the same person? I just have a feeling...

I don't care what Stephen A. Smith said. I know he said Kobe would be asking for a trade. Kobe won't. Bynum won't. And he shouldn't.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby assassin08 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:30 pm

trodgers wrote:I would like to see a few more plays called for the bigs. Nothing crazy. I don't have a problem with the distribution, but I know the bigs like to have plays called for them, as opposed to getting theirs in the flow of the game. Kobe gets Isolations a good deal, and he's able to control the flow, but for the bigs who are dependent upon Kobe's (and others') decisions, how about a couple of plays per game for each of our seven footers? I liked how they worked on the defensive end today. Both of them, in fact. And I liked seeing four more assists from Bynum. That's big.

Aside from a couple of stolen possessions as results of getting doubled, I liked that Drew didn't panic when he was confronted with doubles. I'm also liking the recent trend of Pau dunking the ball, when the opportunity presents itself, instead of those lay-ups and short jumpers. They both did a great job as far as covering Griffin & DeAndre goes, the lack of available bodies on the bench didn't help though.
"I've learned that I have the strength to change."

- Al Pacino as Michael Corleone

assassin08

Postby revgen on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Our bench unit got totally outworked on the glass tonight.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:33 pm

tigerjeterkobe is an idiot. that is all.
v1n5anity

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:35 pm

You are the site manager. you would know. but no - I am my own man of three men's names. :man1:

Anyway, I never said Kobe would demand a trade. Though I could see him not mind being amnestied, if Jim wants to cuts costs and not seriously compete for a ring -- need speed and athleticism to beat the Heat and Thunder - or at least use the bigs the right way.

My point about Drew was that he is visibly upset running up and down the court. Guy hits a shot over him and he shrugged like "o well, I don't care tonight." A few times. Sad to see. And obvious his frustration levels are building. Not good for a team with new coaches, systems, and players who need chemistry and not controversy. Not faulting Drew at all. He is hungry. I just wish he would not lose interest on defense and the boards when he is not scoring. Like Dwight.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby trodgers on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:37 pm

assassin08 wrote:

Aside from a couple of stolen possessions as results of getting doubled, I liked that Drew didn't panic when he was confronted with doubles. I'm also liking the recent trend of Pau dunking the ball, when the opportunity presents itself, instead of those lay-ups and short jumpers. They both did a great job as far as covering Griffin & DeAndre goes, the lack of available bodies on the bench didn't help though.

Right. And given how Bynum was getting hounded (justifiably) for his decision-making earlier in the season, he has put together two games of good decisions.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:37 pm

V1n5anity wrote:tigerjeterkobe is an idiot. that is all.

Thanks. classy post. nice opinion. shows who the real idiot is.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:40 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
V1n5anity wrote:tigerjeterkobe is an idiot. that is all.

Thanks. classy post. nice opinion. shows who the real idiot is.

Probably the clueless dude who is getting gangbanged by every poster in this thread.
Last edited by v1n5anity on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
v1n5anity

Postby trodgers on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:40 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:My point about Drew was that he is visibly upset running up and down the court. Guy hits a shot over him and he shrugged like "o well, I don't care tonight." A few times. Sad to see. And obvious his frustration levels are building. Not good for a team with new coaches, systems, and players who need chemistry and not controversy. Not faulting Drew at all. He is hungry. I just wish he would not lose interest on defense and the boards when he is not scoring. Like Dwight.

That's not why Drew shrugged. He played good D and Blake hit a tough shot. Bynum did not play a great first half. The whole team looked pretty bad, but he was good in the second half and ended up with 16 boards. Rooscooter kept mentioning the fact that the bigs were dealing with penetration...that's partially right. He and Pau were out of position a good deal trying to contest shots. So the Clips' rebounding numbers are reflecting that somewhat.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday