Sat. 1/14 - Lakers "@" Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sat. 1/14 - Lakers "@" Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Personal attacks are still prohibidabido.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:42 pm

trodgers wrote:Personal attacks are still prohibidabido.

My fault. Just really annoyed at some of the dude's comments. I will refrain from making further comments.
v1n5anity

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 pm

V1n5anity wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:
V1n5anity wrote:tigerjeterkobe is an idiot. that is all.

Thanks. classy post. nice opinion. shows who the real idiot is.

Probably the clueless dude is getting gangbanged by every poster in this thread.

"Gangbanged" -- ok. I am sorry I even responded. Now I "Know" who the idiot is. using that language.

But I am ok if people don't agree with my opinion. That is what we post for. I didn't think we allowed personal attacks here. But your comments show that you are probably a 20 year old who has nothing else to offer. so I won't bother wasting my time with your "bandwagon," shallow posts.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:49 pm

trodgers wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:My point about Drew was that he is visibly upset running up and down the court. Guy hits a shot over him and he shrugged like "o well, I don't care tonight." A few times. Sad to see. And obvious his frustration levels are building. Not good for a team with new coaches, systems, and players who need chemistry and not controversy. Not faulting Drew at all. He is hungry. I just wish he would not lose interest on defense and the boards when he is not scoring. Like Dwight.

That's not why Drew shrugged. He played good D and Blake hit a tough shot. Bynum did not play a great first half. The whole team looked pretty bad, but he was good in the second half and ended up with 16 boards. Rooscooter kept mentioning the fact that the bigs were dealing with penetration...that's partially right. He and Pau were out of position a good deal trying to contest shots. So the Clips' rebounding numbers are reflecting that somewhat.

With a guy like CP3, and with Fish or Morris on him, I really don't think there is any way to avoid the penetration or the switches that get the bigs out if position, esp the way that Brown has them showing hard on p and rs. But there were still several boards where Gasol and Drew just didn't fight for position. then again, back to back for them, and Clips haven't playes since beating Mia a few nights ago. Barnes had a real tough night.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby v1n5anity on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:51 pm

"Gangbanged" -- ok. I am sorry I even responded. Now I "Know" who the idiot is. using that language.

But I am ok if people don't agree with my opinion. That is what we post for. I didn't think we allowed personal attacks here. But your comments show that you are probably a 20 year old who has nothing else to offer. so I won't bother wasting my time with your "bandwagon," shallow posts.

Come on man.
v1n5anity

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:55 pm

V1n5anity wrote:

Come on man.

Ok. I apologize. More frustration with the loss. But don't like the name calling either.

I would like to see how we did for a few games -- like these coming up against winning teams -- with Kobe doing the facilitator thing for 3 quarters and getting everyone involved. I just think that the energy would be higher for the whole team, not to mention, the other teams' bigs may be in foul trouble.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby bballswishanet on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:31 am

JLaker17 wrote:We need to start getting the bigs the ball more, or else we will see a lot of Kobe 40 pts and us losing.

Point 1)Shaq is a Top 5 center of all time and arguably a top 10 player and also arguably the most dominant player of all time. He averaged 16 FGA a game. Bynum had 13 FGA which is only 3 less than a top five center's career average. So to say Bynum didn't get a lot of shot attempts is not only silly but also stupid.

Gasol had 17 shot attempts, one more than a top five center's average, and only one less than last year's scoring leader(Durant who is his team's FIRST option). Saying that Gasol didn't get enough shots is not only stupid but also completely idiotic.

Point 2) Bynum got THAT many shot attempts while having a Top 5 PF(Gasol) on his team and while having having a player who averages 31 points a game(Kobe) which strengthens point 1, even though point 1 didn't need any more support. Gasol had THAT many shot attempts while having a Top 2 center in the game(Bynum) and while having having a player who averages 31 points a game(Kobe) which also strengthens point 1, even though point 1 didn't need any more support.

Point 1+2) To say that Kobe's game didn't allow to give Bynum and Gasol enough shots is not only silly and stupid and completely idiotic but also should take away your posting capabilities when you post something concerning anything about basketball(especially when who are trying to marginalize through hating a player who shot 50%, scored 42 points, has 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals and 1 block, and only had 2 turnovers while playing a team high 44 minutes with a torn ligament on his shooting hand).

Point 3) Bynum shot under 50%, while Gasol shot 41% off of 17 shots. So to say that the leading scorer(KOBE), who previously has 3 back to back 40 point games and who has five rings and who is currently the highest scorer in the league with 31 points a game and also has the most career points currently in the league, should take less shots so that others on his team can shoot more is moronic and strengthens point1+2, even though point 1+2 didn't need any more support.

^^The type of ownage that you just read in the analysis above can be made for every single excuse to hate on Kobe, but it does not make sense to address the nonsense because a new excuse to hate on Kobe's basketball utter amazingness is forced after every game. Plus no need for others to own the blatant and pettily forced haters because Kobe is doing a great job doing that himself.

Btw, not calling you a hater... just used your post as a reason to paste this here.
bballswishanet

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:54 am

You make it sound like Shaq only took 16 shots a game. We all know that is false. Many many posters feel that Kobe is shooting too much -- taking shots away from the bigs AND from others on the perimeter. He can facilitate more, shoot tough jumpers less, and try to increase the confidence and energy of the team, which will translate into better defensive and rebounding effort. I don't think it is "idiotic" or "stupid" to feel that way.

Using your stats and other arguments is great. That is how debates should go. But you don't need to try to insult other posters by pounding the table while you make your point.

Back to Shaq -- how many trips to the line did he average? How many times did he get the other team's bigs in foul trouble?? How many times did the other teams foul him when he was not shooting but got the ball in the low post -- hack a Shaq? So don't just look at FGA and skew your argument. The FGA for Drew and Gasol are not WAY WAY off. I think most peope are saying that Kobe should shoot 4-5 FGA less, not 10 or something. And he should try to set up the bigs more, since he is the only one who can -- though Morris may surprise us in the second half of the season.

If they know they will get the ball more, instead of standing around for Kobe to ISO, they will fight for better position and put different pressure on the other team (obviously, Kobe puts the most pressure on, usually). But having the bigs get 4-7 more shots combined, gets them to the line more, gets the other team in foul trouble more (see how things got easier for Drew when Jordan went out -- why not go to that more when that happened?), and when our bigs miss, there is less likely to be a run out dunk the other way.

Trodgers points out that the clips didn't have as many transition points as I thought they would have. Fair enough. But like the Denver game, a couple of those easy baskets (like Blake's dunk) came in the 4th when the game was close and we could ill afford to give a layup in transition. Like when Galo missed the layup and the Lakers got lucky. Giving points away in the 4th, the worst possible time, is less likely when Drew or Gasol shoot from the post, than when Kobe shoots a contested permiter jumper that bricks off the rim.
tigerjeterkobe

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday