Sat. 5/8 - Lakers @ Jazz - Game 3 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Sat. 5/8 - Lakers @ Jazz - Game 3 - Predictions/Comments

Postby shoe on Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Couldn't watch or even tape the game. Wind storms here. Arghhh. Why did bynum not have any points???? Please don't tell me he is hurt again????????

Yeah the wind was crazy here....why didn't you get the game?

They were doubling our bigs everytime they touched it, so bynum didn't have an impact today...hence the 29 threes.
shoe

Postby shoe on Sat May 08, 2010 9:50 pm

By the way, this was one of the best playoff games i have ever seen.

Instant classic...12 lead changes in the 4th..both teams hitting HUGE/clutch shots...amazing game
shoe

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat May 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Great win. But I do have one major NIT-PICK -- Kobe!!

Stop watching the last second shot and BOX THE EFFFF OUT!!!

That is twice in these playoffs that he just turned to watch the shot and his guy ran in free for a rebound -- both times it could have cost the Lakers the game. Once against OK City when he didn't box out Westbrook and a tip in almost got him. then tonight, Mathews almost gets the tip in. Kobe simply gave up when the shots went up and didn't box out. I hope the coaches take him to task on that.

But great shooting in the 4th. Clutch.

Andrew???? Where art thou??? I hear CB4 footsteps louder now....
tigerjeterkobe

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sat May 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Not the best game by the Lakers, and they pretty much escaped with the win again, but they did win, so I'm happy (for now). I just hope they don't take Game 4 for granted and let the Jazz back in the series. I know Game 5 will be at home, but I want Game 1 against the Suns instead. :jam2:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby sm61893 on Sat May 08, 2010 11:07 pm

^ I thought it was a great game by the Lakers. If Korver shoots 50% like would be normal we win by 9. They tried to stop us inside and we stepped up big time from the out side.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun May 09, 2010 12:45 am

sm61893 wrote:^ I thought it was a great game by the Lakers. If Korver shoots 50% like would be normal we win by 9. They tried to stop us inside and we stepped up big time from the out side.

They didn't start out that well, but picked up steam as the game wore on. They established themselves in the 3rd quarter, and played good enough in the 4th to hold on for the win. I guess my standards are a bit high when it comes to determining which games are great (which to me means winning every quarter). The Lakers played well overall though, and they deserve credit for getting a big win on the road.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby sm61893 on Sun May 09, 2010 7:41 am

^ It's the 2nd round in the west teams are much harder. The Jazz played a good game last night and when they do you're not just going to have your way with them. So if you look at it like that we had a great win on the road in a tough arena and against a good playoff team. Tonight was our best playoff game yet.
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE
sm61893

Postby ybtherockstar on Sun May 09, 2010 7:54 am

Artest and Fish really stepped up. Kobe was clutch as usual. A little shocked bynum didn't really have an impact. we won nonetheless.
ybtherockstar

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sun May 09, 2010 4:50 pm

ybtherockstar wrote:A little shocked bynum didn't really have an impact.

He's been playing well despite the tear in his knee, but yesterday he reverted to the old Bynum, and almost literally didn't show up on the road. There's no way he'll play as badly in Game 4. I just hope he's able to stay on the court and not get into foul trouble.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sun May 09, 2010 6:37 pm

shoe wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:Couldn't watch or even tape the game. Wind storms here. Arghhh. Why did bynum not have any points???? Please don't tell me he is hurt again????????

Yeah the wind was crazy here....why didn't you get the game?

They were doubling our bigs everytime they touched it, so bynum didn't have an impact today...hence the 29 threes.

The wind knocked out power mid afternoon. That caused my HD boxes to go hay-wire. A Verizon tech came today and had to replace the boxes. Had no internet or cable. Checked the score from my phone.

All good.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby TT24 on Sun May 09, 2010 6:48 pm

When a bench player plays the way Korver did, we usually lose. But when we get big plays from LO, Fish, Kobe, and Ron having a big scoring game, we win. Bring that same intensity to the next game.
TT24

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight