Re: Sat. 12/12 - Lakers vs. Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby Shannon's Girl on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:10 pm

C'MON LAKERS! LO played horrible...
Kobe, feel better by Tuesday..PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:
Image Image
Shannon's Girl

Postby TT24 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:13 pm

^ The team as a whole did. Lamar didn't lose us that game.
TT24

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:10 am

Nothing more than a typical Utah home game. Brewer hitting turnaround 20-foot fall-away knuckle balls, etc., etc. People have to understand, if Utah somehow managed to have homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs, they'd probably win 15 or 20 titles in a row. Anything they put up from within 30 feet at any angle is a high percentage shot for them on their home floor.
Alleyhoops

Postby axcpenn on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:22 am

Hey all.

I'm a Utah fan, but no I'm not here to start arguments and smear a loss in your face. I just like hearing other fan's viewpoints.

Utah is a terrible road team but is hard to beat at home (it's obviously a mental thing because they shoot lights out at home A LOT). LA obviously wasn't at 100% tonight with Kobe feeling the way he was and his finger bothering him the way it was. But it wasn't the refs that handed us the game, LA was struggling. LA shot 24 free throws, Utah shot 18. All of our percentages were just higher. There are different refs all the time and we still win at home, I'm not sure why we just shoot better at home.

Look forward to the next meeting, best of luck to you next time.
axcpenn

Postby LakerPride247 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:16 am

axcpenn wrote:Hey all.

I'm a Utah fan, but no I'm not here to start arguments and smear a loss in your face. I just like hearing other fan's viewpoints.

Utah is a terrible road team but is hard to beat at home (it's obviously a mental thing because they shoot lights out at home A LOT). LA obviously wasn't at 100% tonight with Kobe feeling the way he was and his finger bothering him the way it was. But it wasn't the refs that handed us the game, LA was struggling. LA shot 24 free throws, Utah shot 18. All of our percentages were just higher. There are different refs all the time and we still win at home, I'm not sure why we just shoot better at home.

We lost...It happens from time to time. I would venture to say a significant portion of our fanbase wasn't expecting a win in Utah. I know I wasn't. NBA officiating is bad no matter the location. Utah has historically been a very good home team. It's not an easy place to win at. Would a completely healthy Bryant have helped matters out a bit more? Sure, but that doesn't matter. A loss is a loss.

From the perspective of our coaching staff (and pretty much every good coaching staff.) a loss makes it easier for them to point out things that went wrong. In that regard I'm sure Phil had plenty to say to them following the game. Utah is still one of the more fun teams we play against because their offense, like our own, is in constant motion. I would actually enjoy the coming playoffs more if Utah were a serious competitor for us come playoff time because a series with them in the Western Finals against the Purple and Gold would be entertaining. Perhaps they'll build back up to that in a couple or three years. Utah's offense is much more entertaining to watch than when we play the Cavs or another team who sets offensive basketball back 50 years.
“This contract with Joel Anthony is a testament to the man who is second to none; who has worked hard and deserved this,” said Heat President Pat Riley. “We felt that what he has done over the last couple of years in developing his game, his body and his knowledge warrants this reward. If other NBA non-drafted free agents want a prototype to follow, Joel Anthony is that man."

Heat President/Acid abuser Pat Riley
LakerPride247

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:20 am

Not concerned. Brewer and Matthews won't shoot like that every game, we won't be that bad from 3 every game, we won't play in Utah every game, the refs won't always be THAT bad every game, it won't be a back-to-back every game, and Kobe won't have a broken finger and be sick every game.

We lost by 8, and adding all those things up, we should've lost by WAY more.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby odom1year on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:48 am

P. Gasol, 43 mins 11 FGA
K. Bryant (Injured) 37 mins 24 FGA

Will Kobe ever know the word "PASS" ? :bang:
odom1year

Postby TT24 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:39 am

^ He knows the word, he just didn't do it often enough.
TT24

Postby Kobe_24 for life on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 am

efrd
Kobe_24 for life

Postby Kobe_24 for life on Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:48 am

What kind of fans are you all.. show some respect to Kobe!
Kobe_24 for life

Postby Alleyhoops on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Best of luck to us next time? I find it interesting that fans of other teams only show up in these forums after their team wins. Who's fooling who? Gloating couched in syrupy, disingenuous respect is still gloating.
Alleyhoops

Postby axcpenn on Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Alleyhoops wrote:

Best of luck to us next time? I find it interesting that fans of other teams only show up in these forums after their team wins. Who's fooling who? Gloating couched in syrupy, disingenuous respect is still gloating.

I've actually been viewing these forums for a while, like when LA picked up Artest, I was curious to see how LA fans felt about it. I don't only read these forums when we win... Because we usually don't, especially on the road with you guys.
axcpenn

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm

the twolves just beat the jazz on their homecourt
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby jbum on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:13 pm

fklukewalton wrote:the twolves just beat the jazz on their homecourt

that is exactly what i was trying to say when i got all the sh*t from other posters.

i am not unhappy about the loss. it's that we play below our standards. it's not that we didn't have kobe, we had half a kobe even. even without him we should really play better.

the twolves beat utah on their homecourt, albeit they probably played really well. but that doesn't matter... it's just a matter of pride. as one of the best, if not the best team, how can you go down by 17 pts and be completely out of sync.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday