Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby Finwë on Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:58 pm

Wade just missed another dunk
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby kray28 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Fell asleep...woke up to see we lost LOL.
Image
User avatar
kray28

 
Posts: 21242
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 8:16 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby revgen on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Glock your Los Angeles Lakers backup PG to Steve Nash.


Only if somebody else is bringing the ball up the floor. Unfortunately, the only bench candidate for that job is Steve Blake or Darius Morris. Ugh.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21722
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby GabKoost on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Our bench sucks worst than last year. They just can't no absolutely nothing and they are incapable of running any sort of offence. They just dribble the ball by themselves and shoot hoping the ball goes in.

Worst than that, even with the "big 4" in the court, i barely saw evidences of dominating the Jazz. Sure, we went 12 points ahead to the 2nd half but we got crushed in the 3d quarter with the starters.

This offence is complex and the players do not know her at all. I saw Nash 2 or 3 times running inside and smashing himself against the Jazz players.

Gasol has been absolutely horrible in the pre season. He can't hit a shot, does not defend or rebound and it seems he has butter on his hands.

Unless there is a HUGE improvement i think LA will suffer to even get a decent seed.

2 new starters and a new offence is not an easy thing to absorb and i was expecting a lot more from Meeks and Jamieson.

I only have a thumbs up for MWP.
User avatar
GabKoost

 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:26 pm

^^^ Are you serious man? :man3: it's preseason, our starters aren't trying their hardest, Dwight hasn't even played, and Brown is playing scrubs to see who will make the team. If you take anything from these games as a sign of how good or bad we'll be I have to assume you haven't watched NBA ball very long . Think about our bench from last year before you say this one is worse, it was Blake/Glock/Ebanks/McRoberts/Murphy, then Blake/I can't even remember/Barnes/Hill. That is freakin horrible, not a single guy that could create their own offense, it is definitely better now. Lastly, Dwight hasn't played a single minute, and this is a career franchise player, 3 time DPOY, always top 5 in MVP voting player, he's going to have impact.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby Rooscooter on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 pm

^^No doubt..... but it will be interesting to see what we do about the bench. Jamison is past the time in his career where he's going to create scoring opportunities with ease and after him the only person we have that can do it is CDR (who I hope we keep) who was a late camp invitee.... Morris, Goudelock and Johnson-Odom all need to go.... they aren't NBA level players.

is a bench of Blake, Jamison, Meeks (or CDR), Ebanks and Hill (assumed rotational players) going to score enough consistently to keep Kobe and Nash from having to play huge minutes?..... I'm not so sure we've improved that unit as much as a lot of us would like to think.....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23068
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Well like I said in another thread, you can only improve the bench so much when all your money is tied into the starters. Kobe, Pau, Dwight, and Nash make all the money, they're all current or at least recent All-Stars, compromise has to be made somewhere. I think given all that they did a damn good job with the bench, Blake/Meeks/Ebanks/Jamison/Hill is better than the last few seasons no question, and there's even those rumors of trying to trade Blake and Duhon so we'll see.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:35 am

I didn't get to see any of this game, so I appreciate the useful commentary.

So how terrible is Morris?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby KB24 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 am

trodgers wrote:I didn't get to see any of this game, so I appreciate the useful commentary.

So how terrible is Morris?

even worse than Blake. :help:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55531
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:47 am

trodgers wrote:I didn't get to see any of this game, so I appreciate the useful commentary.

So how terrible is Morris?


Imagine a PG doing pretty much everything a PG shouldn't do and you will have some idea of how Morris was. Dribbling into the corner drawing 2 defenders, but instead of passing out of it immediately to an open Sacre in this pick n roll, just continuing to dribble until he's trapped and turning the ball over. Dribbling baseline, getting trapped, leaving his feet to pass, and passing to no one and throwing the ball out of bounds. Repeatedly driving at the hoop, being met in the key by defenders, and wildly chucking the ball at the basket instead of passing out of the bad situation, very Fisher-like. Basically he's constantly out of control, can't shoot, can't get layups, can't even pass which is supposed to be a strength of his. He looks like he has no business on an NBA court.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 pm

and yet, $962,195 this year

wish i got paid that much for doing nothing...or more accurately doing something horribly
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby GabKoost on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Weezy wrote:^^^ Are you serious man? :man3: it's preseason, our starters aren't trying their hardest, Dwight hasn't even played, and Brown is playing scrubs to see who will make the team. If you take anything from these games as a sign of how good or bad we'll be I have to assume you haven't watched NBA ball very long . Think about our bench from last year before you say this one is worse, it was Blake/Glock/Ebanks/McRoberts/Murphy, then Blake/I can't even remember/Barnes/Hill. That is freakin horrible, not a single guy that could create their own offense, it is definitely better now. Lastly, Dwight hasn't played a single minute, and this is a career franchise player, 3 time DPOY, always top 5 in MVP voting player, he's going to have impact.


Hey, i do know our bench is better. But i think it nis only better because it couldn't possibly get any worse. Alost any trade we did could only result in an upgrade!

When you say that we are playing our scrubs, this was only true for the 1st game were the 4 starters got to play 10 minutes. The 2nd Game Kobe was out so there was no scoring power anywhere. Especially with such a bad Gasol.

I was OK with the 2 first games but i was seriously hoping to see something nice against the Jazz. Our Starters played strong minutes but, as i previously said, they've lost the control of the game during the 3d quarter.

With the bench playing, the Jazz cruised.

1 More thing, let's not pretend that the other teams weren't rotating the players. They too were looking at bench players.

If your excuse is Howard not playing, then you'll have to agree that we will be in BIG trouble each time 1 of the starters get injured or suspended. This is simply not admissible.

Bottom line: I very much doubt that we'll even get to the conference final UNLESS there is a MAJOR evolution in the bench production. With Kobe and Nash playing around 30 minutes during the regular season, who will keep the team moving?? Gasol?

Not if he continues like these 3 last games. He played decent minutes and sucked so bad i couldn't even believe it was the same dude i saw in OG.

I am even afraid of the Clippers depth... These guys can swith 3 starters and maintain a very nice line up. Whe i look at OCK depth and to the Miami new additions, i can only assume that hoping for a 6th ring for Kobe with such a limited bench is delusional. I hardly think our starters can give us lead enough to stay in front of the most aggressive teams.

This because they will score against us when we have the 5 starters and they will score even more during the 2 units battles.

As i said, unless i see a MAJOR impact with Dwight and better looking subs on Meeks, Blake, Hill, Jamieson and Sacre, we are good to go to the 2nd or 3d round.

More would be a surprise.

Sorry for the "pessimism" but i type as i see it.
User avatar
GabKoost

 
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:33 pm

I honestly can't believe that you're serious or taking ore-season that serious. Out starters weren't exact pushing themselves in the 3rd, Nash, Kobe, and Pau were on cruise control as they should be, there is zero point to trying to win a pre-season game. The Jazz were trying to win though, they even played some starters pretty much the whole game. And again, Howard makes a huge difference when added to starters that are actually trying, he's like 1.b on our team if not the best player going forward the next few years. So ya, if you're seriously reading that much negative into pre-season game #3 I don't know what to tell you, what we're seeing now is little to no indication of how good we will be when the games start actually counting. If you don't believe that then tell me our pre-season record the years we won championships, I'd bet you can't because nobody remembers that because its meaningless. For example, If I remember right the 2000 Lakers looked bad in pre-season, but then the season started and they started steamrolling the league, having multiple double digit winning streaks that regular season. I guess what I'm saying is, step off the ledge, it's pre-season.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby N4R on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Utah Jazz @ Los Angeles Lakers (NBA 2012-2013. Preseason) (13.10.2012) full match video:
http://hitfile.net/ofL1
http://www.unibytes.com/3sTkZOM_PKwLqw-Us4P3UgBB

Preview:


Other NBA 2012-2013 preseason games:
http://prognoz-na-sport.info/news/skach ... chej/1-0-8
N4R

 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:03 am

GabKoost wrote:
Hey, i do know our bench is better. But i think it nis only better because it couldn't possibly get any worse. Alost any trade we did could only result in an upgrade!

Anytime you add/retain young talent like Meeks/Hill for cheaper than they're worth you upgraded your bench regardless of last season. Then talk about young talent like Ebanks and Chris Douglas-Roberts for cheap and a savvy veteran like Jamison for cheap. Yes, we upgraded from basically the worst bench so it didn't take much, but we got a lot out of it.
GabKoost wrote:When you say that we are playing our scrubs, this was only true for the 1st game were the 4 starters got to play 10 minutes. The 2nd Game Kobe was out so there was no scoring power anywhere. Especially with such a bad Gasol.
In the 2nd game Pau was the only one to play significant minutes and he, along with the rest of the team, was admittedly tired. They had just finished a 3 hour practice BEFORE the game started. Expecting him to shine after that makes no sense at all. Especially in a pre-season game that none of our starters give a crap about.
GabKoost wrote:I was OK with the 2 first games but i was seriously hoping to see something nice against the Jazz. Our Starters played strong minutes but, as i previously said, they've lost the control of the game during the 3d quarter.

Not a single starter played close to 30 minutes. Pau Gasol came closest at 27:44 minutes. So what's strong about those minutes? Our starters hardly played and when they did they didn't play up to their full strength because this is PRE-SEASON.
GabKoost wrote:With the bench playing, the Jazz cruised.
Because they kept their young budding Center Enes Kanter in there while we had essentially our 3rd string Center, sometimes our 4th and 5th string Center, out there. Whoopty do.
GabKoost wrote:1 More thing, let's not pretend that the other teams weren't rotating the players. They too were looking at bench players.

And considering other teams don't have the luxury of our starting five, they have more money to spend on their bench and therefore more talent. And considering that we played our garbage fodder like Nelson and Aguilar at all is a testament to the fact that we were playing our worst players. Not to mention we didn't even play Blake or Duhon AT ALL! Are they good? No! But they're better than Morris!
GabKoost wrote:If your excuse is Howard not playing, then you'll have to agree that we will be in BIG trouble each time 1 of the starters get injured or suspended. This is simply not admissible.

You realize that We've been playing one starter down the entire pre-season and that our starters have looked great WITH SACRE right?
GabKoost wrote:Bottom line: I very much doubt that we'll even get to the conference final UNLESS there is a MAJOR evolution in the bench production. With Kobe and Nash playing around 30 minutes during the regular season, who will keep the team moving?? Gasol?
Maybe Dwight f***ing Howard will. You know the guy that routinely plays 35 minutes a game or more, the last two years he came closer to 40 minutes a game. And OF COURSE there will be a major evolution in bench production! We're playing REEVES NELSON out there. Do you really think REEVES NELSON is going to be on our team during the season? Or AGUILAR? Or SOMOGYI? None of those players will exist in two weeks, maybe one week.
GabKoost wrote:I am even afraid of the Clippers depth... These guys can swith 3 starters and maintain a very nice line up. Whe i look at OCK depth and to the Miami new additions, i can only assume that hoping for a 6th ring for Kobe with such a limited bench is delusional. I hardly think our starters can give us lead enough to stay in front of the most aggressive teams.

The Clippers have depth because their starters outside of Chris Paul are garbage. Hoping for a ring is delusional? I'd probably use that to describe the way you're viewing this team so negatively. A team of Howard/Nash/Kobe/Pau should be expected to win a ring no matter what kind of bench they have. What kind of bench did Phoenix have that Steve carried to the playoffs? Or Dwight to the Finals just a few years ago? Exactly. And Miami and OKC's depth? :man10: OKC's bench has looked worse than ours so far in the pre-season outside of maybe Eric Maynor. Miami doesn't have any depth outside of Ray Allen.

GabKoost wrote:This because they will score against us when we have the 5 starters and they will score even more during the 2 units battles.

They're going to outscore our starters, huh? You really believe that? Our starters have had leads any time they've wanted them so far this pre-season with Robert freaking Sacre instead of Dwight Howard. No one will outscore our starters when they put their minds to it. And the bench doesn't have to outscore the other team, they just have to score with them. When we have a set rotation that won't be a problem.

GabKoost wrote:As i said, unless i see a MAJOR impact with Dwight and better looking subs on Meeks, Blake, Hill, Jamieson and Sacre, we are good to go to the 2nd or 3d round.

More would be a surprise.

Sorry for the "pessimism" but i type as i see it.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Unless you see a major impact with Dwight, huh? That's one of the funnier things I've read here in a while. OF COURSE you'll see a major impact with Dwight. Ridiculous.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Sat. 10/13 - Lakers vs Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:06 pm

did you really just predict a playoff outcome based on 3 preseason games? seriously? think about that for a second, i mean really think.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.