Sat. 12/26 - Lakers @ Kings - Predictions & Comments

Re: Sat. 12/26 - Lakers @ Kings - Predictions & Comments

Postby jbum on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:10 pm

thank god for kobe and brown... otherwise.. we would have lost this one.... close one but a W nonetheless.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby kray28 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:12 pm

It's funny...just a few minutes ago there were fans here whinging about Kobe not being able to shoot, and that he shouldn't shoot. LOL.

Then he stabs the Queens with two three point daggers and it's all good again.

I wonder what it must have been like when the Lakers were down 7? Lakers went on a 17-2 run after that.
kray28

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:12 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Its not over you damn quitters

From when we were down 7 in the first OT.

Amazingly, I actually thought we could win, because we came back against the Heat and the Bucks when we were down with little time left.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:13 pm

:man6: :man6: I miss all the good games!!!
Jazzygirl205

Postby Helljumper on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:14 pm

I know a lot of people are probably disappointed that we needed 2OT to beat the Kings but I'm not. That was a great game to watch and we showed a lot of toughness. I don't think this was one of those games where it's only close because we're lazy and not playing well. I think we played well pretty much most of the game, the Kings are just a pretty good team. That tip-in by Pau was huge as were Kobe's threes. Overall, this was a great game.
Helljumper

Postby LakersChamps04 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:16 pm

but come'on..the job that the refs did can't be forgotten..f'ing terrible...what is up with that...and wow could i absolutely not stand the queens announcers..just f'ing cry babies...
LakersChamps04

Postby Heavier Than Heaven on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:17 pm

The Kings announcer are just awful.
BUCK FOSTON

Thanks to Mookie for Avy!
Heavier Than Heaven

Postby Helljumper on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:20 pm

LakersChamps04 wrote:but come'on..the job that the refs did can't be forgotten..f'ing terrible...what is up with that...and wow could i absolutely not stand the queens announcers..just f'ing cry babies...

The refs weren't that bad today at all.
Helljumper

Postby laakers on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:21 pm

just checked the boxscore, awesome game by shannon/kobe, we finally got to see lamar/pau/drew on the floor at the same time, how'd that go? and WOW it took us 2OT to beat them? but from what i hear it was a sick game.
laakers

Postby LakersMVP24 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:23 pm

THANK YOU KOBE. :bow:
"At the end of the day, winning in June is the thing that we really judge our season by.
If we don’t do that, it’s a failure." -Kobe Bryant | On the road to repeat…
LakersMVP24

Postby kray28 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Heavier Than Heaven wrote:The Kings announcer are just awful.

They have been reasonably decent over the last couple of years (often showing gushing deference for Kobe) while their team was awful.

Now that they're just back to being merely okay, the obnoxious homer is coming back... particularly for the play by play douche. Their color guy is actually kind of knowledgeable and somewhat fair.
kray28

Postby 432J on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:36 am

not a great win tonight but good to see them get it at the end, good game by kobe
432J

Postby gill on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:54 am

I missed the game due to a party (and one heck of a game too). I read that Artest is sidelined and Odom started in his place... so how did the triple towers looked tonight?
gill

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:52 am

I was at this game and damn was it loud and crazy. I was screaming my head off with all these Laker fans around me. Great great time!
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Quik Z06 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:57 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:I was at this game and damn was it loud and crazy. I was screaming my head off with all these Laker fans around me. Great great time!

X's 2 :jam2:

Lol, lot's of Lakers fans there tonight, what an awesome game. I almost lost my voice with all the screaming. Our entire row was Lakers fans. When they went down 7 in OT man I was getting pissed, especially since Kobe was playing with just his left hand. I loved how Kobe owned Tyreke, especially with all the Kings fans talking crap.

Anyway memorable game for sure...

Quik Z06

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:40 am

Radner wrote:Kobe killed us in OT.

^^ From page 26, GTFO, or learn a thing or two about this team. It's never over until the clock hits zero. Kobe and Co thought they taught you a lesson against the heat, they thought they taught you a lesson against the bucks, and now they still tried to teach you this against the Kings.

:disagree: When will you and every other so-called Laker fan see/believe this!
Battle Tested20

Postby Quik Z06 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:45 am

^ Hell Kobe in a wheelchair out there would probably still draw a doubleteam. People dont understand even if he is hurt and not shooting he still has a BIG impact on the game.
Quik Z06

Postby Helljumper on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:49 am

Let's not kid ourselves. For the majority of the fourth quarter and OT, he was a liability on offense. He wasn't able to do anything with his right hand and the Kings' defense recognized that.

But he made up for it by impacting the game on the defensive end. He shut down Tyreke Evans on his last shot attempt forcing a turnover and played great man defense in OT.
Helljumper

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:57 am

Quik Z06 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:I was at this game and damn was it loud and crazy. I was screaming my head off with all these Laker fans around me. Great great time!

X's 2 :jam2:

Lol, lot's of Lakers fans there tonight, what an awesome game. I almost lost my voice with all the screaming. Our entire row was Lakers fans. When they went down 7 in OT man I was getting pissed, especially since Kobe was playing with just his left hand. I loved how Kobe owned Tyreke, especially with all the Kings fans talking crap.

Anyway memorable game for sure...

Yeah, its funny because I was saying to my friend who sat next to me damn man these Kings act like it's there championship every year we see play them twice up here at Arco. Then I come home read this entire gameday thread and people are saying the same thing when watching that game. Ironic as hell.

But yeah. I wasn't worried when we were down 7 points in the 1st OT because we still had time on the clock. Like you I did feel a little irritated because I knew this would be different with a injury free kobe.

:man10: Towards the end of the 2nd OT when the Kings fans started leaving, I kept saying "better luck in march" (when we play them next in Arco) and "Better luck next time". I've been attending every Lakers - Kings game in Arco for the last couple of years. I live up in Redding, which is like a 2 hour drive north of Sacramento so I get pretty loud and pumped up when I'm there! :)
Battle Tested20

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:00 am

jbum wrote:we just have to admit it... we don't have the passion/energy nor the athletes to be competetive this year.

if we don't get some help, we're going to struggle against anybody in the league.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:01 am

I forgot my i-phone at home, so I didn't get any picture :bang: . But be sure in march we I go up again, I'll be taking some pictures!
Battle Tested20

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:09 am

Radner wrote:Kobe needs to just drive to the basket. He's in no condition to shoot jumpers.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Its funny reading the crap these guys say in this thread and then it comes back and bite them in the behind. Good thing the players don't follow y'all advice.

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby lakers_09tv on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:10 am

Kobe_24 for life!! wrote:its only a dam season game, you guys should be ashamed of how you talk on Kobe.. laker fans? :disagree:

:man10:

Ain't that the truth.

lakers_09tv

Postby Quik Z06 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:17 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:I forgot my i-phone at home, so I didn't get any picture :bang: . But be sure in march we I go up again, I'll be taking some pictures!

Haha yeah, we were talking crap as they were leaving too. What was hillarious was a guy sitting in front of us had a girl come up to him and hand him a piece of paper close to the end of the game. He started reading it and she basically said call me if you dont have a GF. Lol, my wife tapped on his shoulder and told him, hey looks like you scored more than the Kings did :man10:

Were going to try and make it in March again as well. On our way home a friend of mine was wanting me to look for tix to that game already :)
Quik Z06

Postby Radner on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:44 am

I need to stay away from Gameday. Too many Kobe fanatics after me.

Sadly, most of them are quoting me on things that were posted during the first OT when Kobe was making some questionable plays (two quick jumpers). But hey, it's fun to nitpick.
Radner

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday