Sat 4/24 - Lakers @ Thunder - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Sat 4/24 - Lakers @ Thunder - Game 4 - Predictions/Comments

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:12 pm

trodgers wrote:This loss hurts a lot less than some other playoff ones have. Lakers in six.

It's weird, but I'm not worried at all. I predicted the Lakers in five or six, and I still say they'll take it in six. Enjoy your two wins, Thunder fans, because that's all you're getting this year. :jam2:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby TT24 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:13 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:
trodgers wrote:This loss hurts a lot less than some other playoff ones have. Lakers in six.

It's weird, but I'm not worried at all.
TT24

Postby KB24 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:41 pm

thank god I missed the game....what happened? did Kobe tank tank the game after being criticized for taking too many shots? wouldn't be the first time...

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:43 pm

KB24@CL wrote:thank god I missed the game....what happened? did Kobe tank tank the game after being criticized for taking too many shots? wouldn't be the first time...

I saw the whole game. Kobe didn't take that many shots, but I wouldn't say he tanked it. He was trying to facilitate, but maybe he did it a little too much. However, the Thunder played better and with more energy, plain and simple, and they made a good % of their shots. They also had a lot more free throws (and the Lakers missed when they were able to get to the line, which wasn't often).
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby revgen on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:27 am

KB24@CL wrote:thank god I missed the game....what happened? did Kobe tank tank the game after being criticized for taking too many shots? wouldn't be the first time...

The Lakers focused on execution. Unfortunately, they focused so much on execution that they played like crap on defense. Too many dumb fouls and no rebounding or defense outside of Bynum. They also didn't make any of their FT's.

Also, with Kobe being the only starter who could make a post-entry pass, he was the one feeding our bigs. Unfortunately it took him out of his scoring rhythm. Kobe has never been great as combining the Jordan/Pippen role, but tonight was terrible. It was basically the opposite of game 3.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby GoldHammish on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:43 pm

woooooooooow glad i missed this game. i was in disney with my school's band this night and i was wearing the 08/09 championship shirt. as we were leaving, the person at the exit was all "boy, why are you wearing that lakers shirt? we got our [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] kicked today" and then i had to walk back to the hotel wondering if she was bs'ing me or not.
GoldHammish

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight