Sat. 11/13 @ Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby MarkMadsen on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:00 pm

errr....thats pathetic. :disagree: Everyone but him grabbed a board.
MarkMadsen

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:05 pm

what the hell is wrong with kobe's shooting?
i can remember 2 years ago his jumpers were so good.....sick turnaround fadeaways...

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:06 pm

Man, that was an UGLY second half by Kobe Bryant. They were very lucky to pull that game out. Imagine the articles bashing Kobe if they had lost this game. I honestly think that Rudy made a great game salvaging decision benching Kobe for the beginning of the 4th quarter.

I'm far from a Kobe hater, but seriously does he even guard scrubs? I know he's the designated help guy, but he always seems to leave his man wide open for three. In fact, when he came in during the 4th quarter, he left his man open and he swished the three making it a three point game. This isn't the first season he's been doing that.

This is partly the reason critics say his defense is overrated. We all have seen him shut down guys when he plays one on one defense on them. His defense is not overrated, but he doesn't seem to play that shut down defense unless he's guarding a big name.

I can only hope the reason for his bad play offensively in that second half was because his foot started to bother him. Well actually I don't hope his foot is bothering him. Anyway, at least this gave the team a chance to experience winning a close game. Lamar Odom stepped up, and Chucky drew two crucial fouls to get to the line. A win is a win. Kobe will not have many nights like this one.
Supastas

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:10 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:I have a question. Why does it say on the box score that Chris Mihm had 0 rebounds?

Partly because Kobe got 11 defensive rebounds. He was cleaning up the boards tonight along with Odom.

It's kind of like that game where Corey Maggette grabbed 17 defensive boards and Elton Brand grabbed only 4 total boards in 52 minutes.

Plus the fact that he only played 15 minutes on top of that.
Last edited by Supastas on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supastas

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:10 pm

Supastas wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:I have a question. Why does it say on the box score that Chris Mihm had 0 rebounds?

Partly because Kobe got 11 defensive rebounds. He was cleaning up the boards tonight along with Odom.

It's kind of like that game where Corey Maggette grabbed 17 defensive boards and Elton Brand grabbed only 4 total in 52 minutes.

lol 19 boards against the pistons with wallace.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:13 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Supastas wrote:

It's kind of like that game where Corey Maggette grabbed 17 defensive boards and Elton Brand grabbed only 4 total in 52 minutes.

lol 19 boards against the pistons with wallace.

Yeah thats crazy. It's almost as if there are some days the bigs let other guys get the boards. Last season Kobe was in double digit rebounding one game and I think Shaq had like 3.
Supastas

Postby Crono0801 on Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:26 pm

Sasha needs some play time. Tierre is just turning the ball over
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby RHCP on Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:37 pm

I want Vlade back. It is going to be great to have Mihm coming off the bench
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby gill on Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:06 am

Just checked the scores now! Whoa! We won! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

I just checked the stats too and what's this? We actually outrebounded Houston by 3? Equal amounts on the offensive rebounding? Held Houston to 35% shooting?

Could it be? The team actually played defense and rebounded tonight? It's about damn time!!! Now keep it up!!!
gill

Postby yanix on Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:27 am

a win is a win and i'll take that anyday :jam2:
yanix

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:35 am

Yes! Lakers won this game! I'm very happy... Lakers have 4-4. We need improve our record! Can't wait for the LA derby - LAL-LAC!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby gill on Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:42 am

There's still one more thing I'm not satisfied with the team...

QUIT. SURRENDERING. BIG. LEADS!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:
gill

Postby Furious D on Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:08 am

Lakers finally playing some D. Holding the Rockets to 35% shooting is very impressive. They also controlled the boards tonight by limting Yao to just 7 rebounds. Kobe and Odom outrebounded Yao with each being in the double digits in that category. Now if only they dont any offensive lapses then we should be fine. Holding an opponent in the 70's will almost always get you a win.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:39 pm

Mihm's stats were very Travis Knight-esque in this game...

15 minutes 1-4 shooting 3 points 0 rebounds 0 assists and 5 fouls.

Mihm is a solid backup Center in this league. I don't think he's going to be a starter (after Vlade retires...).

Kobe was 7-20 and frankly looked awful in this game. He's not playing so well, especially with his outside shot. When is Kobe going to get out of his slump?
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday