Sat. 11/1 vs. Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Revival on Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:59 pm

Looks like this team still has a lot to learn defensively
Lakers Revival

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:11 pm

It makes me feel good that a great quality team played seemingly "perfect" and we still came out with a win with great clutch play. What a hell of a game... Are we going to seriously get beat this year?! :man3:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:16 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:It makes me feel good that a great quality team played seemingly "perfect" and we still came out with a win with great clutch play. What a hell of a game... Are we going to seriously get beat this year?! :man3:

Agree LD2K....how emotionally destructive it is to play your absolute best and even close to perfect, and you still can't beat the Lakers.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:19 pm

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:It makes me feel good that a great quality team played seemingly "perfect" and we still came out with a win with great clutch play. What a hell of a game... Are we going to seriously get beat this year?! :man3:

Agree LD2K....how emotionally destructive it is to play your absolute best and even close to perfect, and you still can't beat the Lakers.

I don't know. I don't know about that or if anybody is truly going to defeat these Lakers...

It's on... It's on baby :man9:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:23 pm

The Spurs, Kings and the rest of the NBA are probably shakin with fear right now.

They are in a nightmare right now and for the whole season that they will never wake up from.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:27 pm

sorry LD but tha suns didnt play perfect bcuz shawn mariond and amare both had off nights, but guys like Joe Johnson and Penny Hardaway stepped their games up...i know the suns looked perfect down tha stretch but they werent all THAT perfect...

Lakers didnt play perfect either...but dude i'll take tha 2-0 start over last years 0-2 start ....
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:15 pm

I'm surprised the Suns didn't capitalize on our turnovers, they had us towards the end, they had that lil' comeback and all. I'm just happy that our starters all got in double figs once again. It seemed like we were settling for jumpers too much from the end, even though D-Fish was on fire, but I dont really like seein him take shots as soon as he takes the ball upcourt. In the 1st half we took it strong to the basket, and even got 3 point opportunities, and that's the way it should be done. Once we take it strong inside, we can eliminate their defensive outside, and kick it open to a wide open Laker. I'm upset with the fact that they did come back, but who got the W!!!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:23 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:sorry LD but tha suns didnt play perfect bcuz shawn mariond and amare both had off nights, but guys like Joe Johnson and Penny Hardaway stepped their games up...i know the suns looked perfect down tha stretch but they werent all THAT perfect...

Lakers didnt play perfect either...but dude i'll take tha 2-0 start over last years 0-2 start ....

Look at the numbers. The Suns played extremly well dude. The Lakers still defeated them with clutch free throw shooting and desicions at the end.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby SHOWTIMEDR on Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:19 am

"Shaq will dunk all over Amare Stoudamire. Shaq should go for 20-10."

Shaq = 24 pts 12 rebs 4 blks, WTG Big fella!

"Malone will cause hell for whoever they put on him. Malone's line will easily be 10 rbds and 5+ assists. Whether his shot will fallor not will dictate whether he scores 10 pts or 20 pts. You know he's getting at least 8 fts."

Malone 18 pts 12 rbds 12 ft attempts. Great work Malone!

"George: I expect Devean to have a decent to good game of 8-14 pts and 5 rbds or so. Please Devean don't let Marion Abuse you."

George 12 pts 12 rbds 2 steals. Marion 15 pts 11 rebs. Good job Devean!

"Key to the game.

Shaq and Malone must outscore Amare and Marion.

Payton needs to offset Marbury.

Our bench needs to outpace their bench.

Payton, Kobe, George, Malone pushing the ball on the fast break."

Shaq and Malone 42 pts Marion and Amare 28 pts! WTG Big fellas!

Payton 19 pts 9 assists, Marbury 26 pts 11 assists. Not great Gary but much better than fisher did on him last year.

Lakers bench 15 (13 Fisher) Phoenix Bench 19 (mostly Hardaway) Good job Fish. Phil didn't really play the bench much tonight.

I don't know who got more fast break points. I'll have to do some more research on that.

"Concern #1 Will Marbury go for 40? Payton should curb his offensive game tonight, but I've seen Marbury torch us one too many times, even back in his days with the hornets.

Concern #2 Will Kobe try to do too much? Shaq did have a point with that. I'd rather kobe score 10-15 pts a game and continue improving his health, then watch Kobe go for 40 and wear down his body like he did last year.

Concern #3 If Kobe has an off night, will he be prepared for the barrage from the crowd and the media? You know it will happen eventually. Here's to kobe kicking some tail. "

All of the concerns ended up ok. Not as bad as they could have been, but obviousely nowhere near perfect.

"Lakers 110 Suns 98"

Lakers 103 Suns 99 I was somewhat close.
SHOWTIMEDR

Postby LakersPride on Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:34 am

Even though I love our team, we still need to improve deffensivley.

All this talk about the SUNS playing perfect basketball and us still winning is untrue.

The suns played bad, and so did we. The suns couldnt hit a layup the last five minutes. Be a Lakers fan, but dont overexagerate everything. Our Lakers are damn awsome, but we still have a lot of room for improvement.

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:30 pm

LakersPride wrote:Even though I love our team, we still need to improve deffensivley.

All this talk about the SUNS playing perfect basketball and us still winning is untrue.

The suns played bad, and so did we. The suns couldnt hit a layup the last five minutes. Be a Lakers fan, but dont overexagerate everything. Our Lakers are damn awsome, but we still have a lot of room for improvement.

I disagree, you look at the numbers and can tell the Suns played very well. However, I do agree with you that the Defense does need improvement.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday