Sat. 11/1 vs. Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby G-Lakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:17 am

Yeah!!! Can't wait for tonite. Game Day
G-Lakers

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:24 am

The sharpshooters Marbury and Marion with the agreesive quick Stoudemire could make this a hard game to win..

If Kobe can put up 15 and George can continue his role from Tuesday, the game is ours...

But don't call it a win yet, Remember the Suns are challanging for the top 5 playoff spot, which means they're a superior team.

Lakers 107-95

Shaq: 28 pts, 10 rebs
Kobe: 14 pts, 8 assists
Malone: 16 pts, 6 rebs
Payton: 18 pts, 11 assists

Postby SWOL on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:23 am

Posto wrote:The sharpshooters Marbury and Marion with the agreesive quick Stoudemire could make this a hard game to win..

If Kobe can put up 15 and George can continue his role from Tuesday, the game is ours...

But don't call it a win yet, Remember the Suns are challanging for the top 5 playoff spot, which means they're a superior team.

Lakers 107-95

Shaq: 28 pts, 10 rebs
Kobe: 14 pts, 8 assists
Malone: 16 pts, 6 rebs
Payton: 18 pts, 11 assists

GOOD PROGNOSTICATION.....I THINK SHAQ COULD PULL DOWN 15-20 REBS TOO....NO WAY IN HELL JAKE VOSKOL WILL KEEP THE BIG MAN OFF HTE BOARDS
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby PePe on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:32 am

LA LAKERS will win 102:82 !! :jam2: :jam2:
Three in a row!!! LA Lakers - the best team on the World!!!
PePe

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:37 pm

All I can say about tonight's game is that it will be well fought. Phoenix will put up a better fight than Dallas, since they always play us tough in America West Arena.

I'm confident that we can win, but I would not be surprised if we lose.

I HOPE WE WIN!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:41 pm

I'm gona use my reverse psychology method and go with tha suns on this one...

comin off a win at home against the cavs and lebron, they'll be pumped against the lakers, and Marion and Stoudemire are gonna give us some trouble..

I say suns win it 109-103
FabFourLakers

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:31 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:I'm gona use my reverse psychology method and go with tha suns on this one...

comin off a win at home against the cavs and lebron, they'll be pumped against the lakers, and Marion and Stoudemire are gonna give us some trouble..

I say suns win it 109-103

I would not be surprised if we do lose. Historically, Phoenix match up well against us, and they played us tough last year in our two games in their house.

I hope we win, but I'm not shocked if we do lose. I'm just hoping that a majority of the fans act mature and that Kobe can play a good game. I know that's he's not in shape enough to play a great game in his standards, but a good/OK game for Kobe is great in terms of other players in the league.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

THE LAKERS WILL POUND THE SUNS INTO POP ROCKS

Postby SHOWTIMEDR on Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:04 pm

<HYPE ON>

Shaq will dunk all over Amare Stoudamire. Shaq should eliminate his presence in the post while he's in the game as well, as long as he's motivated. Shaq should go for 20-10.

Malone will cause hell for whoever they put on him. Malone's line will easily be 10 rbds and 5+ assists. Whether his shot will fallor not will dictate whether he scores 10 pts or 20 pts. You know he's getting at least 8 fts.

Payton should continue to push the ball up and set up the Lakers for easy/open shots. Payton's most important task will be to lock down Marbury and keep him from torching the Lakers like he seems to all the time.

Malone's Elbow. The keys for Malones Elbow are to home in and brown Marbury. Don't be surprised if Shaq's Elbow decides to find Hardaway.

Malone's Elbow list

Maguette :dead:

Marbury :-?

Kobe. It seems like he'll play. Should he play, Marion will probably guard him. Marion offers a tough defensive stick especially for kobe who is coming off injury. Kobe doesn't have to dominate his first game back. I just hope he doesn't have a bad game. You know the fans will be all over him and the media would love to throw it in his face.

George: While I don't expect his shot to be on like it was in Dallas, Devean needs to make the defense pay when they sag off him. He's coinfident in his shot, I expect Devean to have a decent to good game of 8-14 pts and 5 rbds or so. Please Devean don't let Marion Abuse you.

Bench play: With Fisher and Rusell on the bench look for them to combine for 15-20 pts. Hopefully Walton, pargo, rush will throw in an extra 6-10 pts on top of that. Our bench is vastly improved,especially when Slava / Fox get back into the mix. Horace Grant needs to keep his defense on gear and pull down some rebounds.

Key to the game.

Shaq and Malone must outscore Amare and Marion.

Payton needs to offset Marbury.

Our bench needs to outpace their bench.

Payton, Kobe, George, Malone pushing the ball on the fast break.

<HYPE OFF>

Concern #1 Will Marbury go for 40? Payton should curb his offensive game tonight, but I've seen Marbury torch us one too many times, even back in his days with the hornets.

Concern #2 Will Kobe try to do too much? Shaq did have a point with that. I'd rather kobe score 10-15 pts a game and continue improving his health, then watch Kobe go for 40 and wear down his body like he did last year.

Concern #3 If Kobe has an off night, will he be prepared for the barrage from the crowd and the media? You know it will happen eventually. Here's to kobe kicking some tail.

I'll be working tonight while the game is going on. The only possible way I can get the score is to go to my co worker's car and listen on radio during my breaks, or possibly customers letting me know the score.

Prediction: Lakers 110 Suns 98

Shaq and Malone will just butcher the suns on the inside.

GO LAKERS!
SHOWTIMEDR

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:18 pm

The Suns will put Amare Stoudemire at center to guard Shaq, remember they did that last year. Amare agitated Shaq and got Shaq fatigued.

Frank Johnson experimented with that last year and it semi-worked.

LOL @ AMARE

Postby SHOWTIMEDR on Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:30 pm

Even amare knows Shaq is the man. Amare is done! He might get one good dunk on Horace or something, but otherwise Shaq owns him.
SHOWTIMEDR

Re: LOL @ AMARE

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:28 pm

SHOWTIMEDR wrote:Even amare knows Shaq is the man. Amare is done! He might get one good dunk on Horace or something, but otherwise Shaq owns him.

YEA RIGHT amare dominated malone in preseason he even went around him with a nifty spin move and reverse slammed it through! it was siiick

amare is gonna have like 25 pts and Marion will have like 26 but marbury will have an off night and have like 13 pts on like 4-19 shooting and i dunno i guess tha susn will win it still
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:13 pm

Amare will score 20, Marion will only score about 10, and Stephon is gonna get shut down by GP... 8 points for him. Lakers got this game.

I hope Kobe plays well.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:31 pm

howz Kobe doin'? whaz da score?

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:39 pm

Lakers 26
Suns 13

Kobe played 7 mins then went to the bench. He picked up 4 pts and 3 rebs on 2/3 shooting.

Not bad...
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:41 pm

Devean George is playing phenomenal!

8 pts on 4/5 shooting

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:41 pm

thanx BDG........so, was he boo'd?

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:42 pm

He got a mixed reaction as expected...

Some Kobe chants here and there. People boo him when he touches the ball, but a lot will cheer when he scores as well.

It's a road game, so...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:44 pm

Los Angeles Lakers 32
Phoenix Suns 19

End of 1st Quarter

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby G-Slinger on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:51 pm

I love how when they boo Kobe, he makes and shot and all of the sudden you hear a bunch of cheers?!?!
Kobe Bryant is better then Michael Jordan.

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:25 pm

Los Angeles Lakers 56
Phoenix Suns 47

Halftime

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:27 pm

What happened BDG? Our lead is smaller.

Thanx

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:32 pm

Well, when Payton went out, we "lost emotion" as Stu just said right now. Our defensive intensity went down as well. Stephon Marbury and Joe Johnson hit a couple threes and got them back in it.

We're still ahead as the 3rd quarter is starting right now...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Not Guilty on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:36 pm

http://www.kvtaam1520.com/listenlive.asp

Gamecast for us non-LA Lakers fans :jam2:
Not Guilty

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:50 pm

Thanks NG!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:52 pm

Well ShaqFan expecting more now?

Lakers 72--Phx 66

Lakers really losing defensive intensity now...Devean George is definitely the sleeper of this game
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday