Rose Garden
12:30 p.m.
National TV - ABC
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20030413/LALPOR/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20030413/LALPOR/boxscore.html

Lakers - 99
Blazers - 101

Lakers Burned by Blazers
Kobe Bryant nailed a bucket with 34.4 left to put Los Angeles ahead, but Portland answered back with a three-pointer, handing the Lakers a 101-99 loss Sunday. Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal had 36 points apiece, but no other L.A. player scored in double figures. The Lakers host Denver on Tuesday in their final-home game of the regular season.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:47 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:01 am

Hello, everyone this is my first thread, so be NICE! :wave:

Once again the obvious will happen.

I see a well contested game by both teams for three and half quarters with the Lakers controlling the tempo and the Blazers hanging on, only because of home crowd support. Then after the 6 minute mark of the 4th, Sheed starts arguing over a close call, gets a T, followed by Dale Davis or some other thug doing the same. TYPICAL BLAZERS MELTDOWN. The Lakers and the Diesel will convert the charity points down the stretch and secure the win.

I'm not as concerned with the Blazer game as I am with the final two games in our schedule. At full strength, the Lakers always play with PASSION as visitors in very hostile arenas. However, the Lakers in the past and even at times this year tend to play in the level of their opponents. So, a Nuggets team that almost beat the Kings at Arco a couple of days ago and a squad that has nothing to lose, can be very dangerous in Staples IF OVERLOOKED!!!!. I know that eventually, Kobe will score his typical double nickle against the Nuggets and a blowout is almost certain, but the Nuggets should not be overlooked. Also, we all know that a young and talented Warriors team that we have to play in the second part of a back-to back game Wednesday match very well against us. So the Lakers should not regard these teams as cupcakes.

However, I sense that Phil and the Lakers wants that 4th seeding and will do anything to end the regular season with a 9 game winning streak and momentum towards the playoffs. The team is in a roll and homecourt for the first round should be ours.

I'm just glad to be part of a site/forum that allows differences in opinions to be heard. TRUST ME, there are team sites that doesn't do the same.

LETS GO FOR 4 LAKERS!!!!!DO IT 4 CHICK :bow:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 13, 2003 8:18 am

nice first thread!
yeah.........if webber hadnt hit the shot....the game would have gone into ot......
and kings only won it 105-103 at arco.........
so we cant underestimate them.....................

anyways, back to sunday game.......lakers by 7!
kobe to be bigggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!! :man10:
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Danny Ainge on Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:10 am

For sure, Kobe ought to be dope in the next game. Look for him to be dishing out plenty of dimes as well as putting the self proclaimed "Kobe Stopper" in the popcorn machine as Chick Hearn would have so elegantly put it.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:20 am

Instead of Ruben proclaiming himself as a the "Kobe Stopper" he better make sure that he becomes the "Fist Stopper" first. Other than that, in the glorious words of Jim Rome, Ruben P. will always be the "NANNY RAPER".

GO LAKERS!!!! LETS MAKE IT 7 GAMES IN A ROW!!!!

4 FOR CHICK :bow:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:22 am

I predict a tough game, I know well be ok from here on out because we have created that Surge into the post season we seem to do oh so well :man12:

Portland will not melt down, but more, I think, get pissed, and mess it up for them as they always do. Besides, I wouldn't doubt if a couple players on that squad are high during the game (hehe) :man1:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:45 am

Is Ruben, Scottie and Dale Davis, playing today? I know that some of JAILBLAZERS :bang: missed the Portland vs. Memphis game due to injury. Regardless whether they play or not, the Lakers will still come out on top, but it helps our cause if they are out.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:13 pm

Im not sure if they are, but I hope so... It'll just break more Blazer hearts when we beat them again for the 4th year in a row in the post season...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

4TH 5TH doesn't matter

Postby THE MAGICIAN on Sun Apr 13, 2003 12:57 pm

4-peat :man1:
THE MAGICIAN

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:00 pm

Ill tell you guys what, the Blazers are looking pretty good right now, but with Kobe on the bench with 2 fouls, that makes a difference...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:05 pm

Kobe with 2 fouls!!!!!!Is Javvy the referee for this game????

This start by the Blazers is expected, given that they are playing at home. The Lakers just need to stay close and match their intensity and we will be able to pull through at the end.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 1:49 pm

Look for a huge half by Kobe, he's got stripped twice, is low on points, and looks somewhat frusterated, I recall every time this happens, he comes back out and dominates.

Another thing, is Portland still scares me, theres alot of talent their, and you should agree with me when I say, if P Jax was coaching them, they'd be the NBA Champs...

Anyways, well see how this shapes out... Portland's defense is looking very strong.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:22 pm

LD2K,

I agree with you that the Blazers have the talent that if Phil coached them, they have a chance for the crown. However, I'm not sure if they have the mental focus and determination as human beings to accomplish this. Other than Derek Anderson and Sabonis, too me these guys are just a bunch of thugs, who whine with the playing time they receive. Almost all of them want to be the man. What made Phil's team in Chicago and LA so great is that the team as a collective agreed who were the superstars and who were the supporting cast. In Chicago's case it was MJ and Scottie, with the likes of Paxson, BJ Armstrong, Cartwright, Ho-Grant, Trent Tucker, Stacey King, ...etc for the first three peat, and Kukoc, Rodman, Ron Harper, Wennigton, Kerr, Randy Brown, Luc Longley,...etc. for the second three peat. With the Lakers case, its Shaq and Kobe's team, and our role players are obvious. I don't see this with the Blazers. I see a lot of talented players, but I just don't see anybody steppin up for them in terms of game attitude and life decisions.

I agree that teh only thing that can make them a winner is Phil's leadership. Other than that, they are just a self-destructing team.

COME ON LAKERS, LETS GET IT GOING FOR THE SECOND HALF!!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:33 pm

However, I'm not sure if they have the mental focus and determination as human beings to accomplish this.

Exactly, they won't... However, their extreme level of talent still scares me in the post season, their very dangerous :man3:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:43 pm

Hey LD2K,

The Lakers are in great position to take this one away form the Blazers. Hopefully our defense will start to wear them down. With Minn. winning, this is an important quarter to decide who gets the 4th seed heading into the playoffs.

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:23 pm

What a huge loss! How many times over and over do they need to leave Rasheed Wallace open, percentege wise he may not be great near the arc but he obviously can knock em down....god I think I need to be medicated while watching a Lakers game just cannot control my anger..ended up breaking my remote and a lamp..lol I know it sounds psycho..grrrr! I just need to calm my @$$ down
Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 13, 2003 3:44 pm

Well
It all started with that offensive rebound by teh blazers
because shaq lost it momentarily
well tough loss for us........ARG! WHY CANT WE JUST WIN THE SEASON SERIES!
ARG!
BUT ITS OK, PLAYOFFS IS DOMINATING TIME! :bow: LETS MOVE ON.....! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:27 pm

Don't worry guys.

The Blazers still have to play a hot at the moment Phoenix team, while the Wolves last game is against a good Memphis club that beat the Blazers a couple of days ago. Also, we all know what almost happen when the Lakers played Memphis. So there is still hope

All this loss is going to do is motivate the Lakers to play a little harder and don't underestimate teams, which is a habit for them. It sucks that they lost but that was taste of what they will face in the playoffs.

Do you see how Portland celebrated after the game? They acted like they just won the championship. Sorry JailBlazers, Lakers fans reserve their partying till that sunny summer day in Figueroa in front of Staples, when the victory parade comes rolling on.

Like most of you guys, I'm sick of the regular season and can't wait for the playoffs to start. For a while now, I've been looking at the standings trying to check what teams we might face and what teams we can avoid. But after this game, just like most fans out there, I'm so mad :mad1: that I don't care who we face. I just want the Lakers to destroy any team that stands in their way for that 4th straight championship. So bring it on SA Spuds, Queens, JailBlazers, Minnesota Pups, and NO D IN Dallas. We are taking no prisoners. Here comes the LAKER TRAIN and its coming straight at you LOSERS!!!!!!!!

LETS GO LAKERS :bow: Shaq and Awe is in effect come NEXT WEEK.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:42 pm

Wow... Well it really came down to the last shot, and he missed it. It's just one of those things. At least we won't have to meet the Blazers in the 1st round. I said before the game "They scare me the most" and in a way, somewhat relieved it looks like we won't see them in the first round. Right now we dropped down to the 6th seed, and if things stay the same, well be seeing Dallas in the 1st round.

Well see how things turn out, again this loss was basically because of free throws... Don't sweat it guys...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:44 pm

Yep big fella missed too many
and too any offensive rebounds for dah blazers like derk andersons with 9 sconds remaining totally killed us!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:47 pm

Yes, a loss that the Lakers really lose over, free throws, not a big deal. I feel at least the loss came now, and not in the playoffs ya know?
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:50 pm

YEP
TOUGH LOSS FOR US!
BUT PLAYOFFS ARE GONNA BE SWEEEEEEEEEEET!
THIS IS THE POSTSEASON WE GET THE 4TH RING! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Danny Ainge on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:52 pm

I now know how the Queens felt when Rob burried that three on them.. :man6:
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:54 pm

HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!
AT LEAST IT WASNT A TOTAL BUZZAH BEATAH!
BUT NICE COMPARISON!
AND IT WAS DAH PLAYOFFS TOO!
HE HE !!!!!!!!! :bow:
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:20 pm

Another thing, you have to give Portland credit, they hit the big shots when they needed them...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Next

Return to Lakers Game Tonight