Sun. 12/04 vs. Bobcats - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LakeShow06 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:22 pm

maybe i'm being harsh on Cook???

his stats tonight actually look ok, but he just doesn't seem to have a starters prescence, especially on defence, although he can defend at times

i know he is only starting out as a "starter" and may improve, it's just that i'm not happy with the starting line-up and how the play defensively in particular.....even after a couple of good games again lately Smush must be feeling it after tonight????

will be happier when Kwame is healthy again and see what the team or starters look like then

but, i think this raod trip and the timing of this trip will sort a few things out - as if we perform poorly or certain players do, Mitch might make some trades after Dec 15 when previously traded players can be traded again
"From Magic to Kobe - I'll always be a Lakers man"
LakeShow06

Postby MarkMadsen on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:23 pm

KB8@CL wrote:Wasn´t our duo supposed to be Kobe-lamar?
In 4th quarters and overtimes its really more Cook-Sasha. Cook tied the game against NJ for the OT and scored 6 points then.
Sasha won the game in Utah and had some huge shots
Tonight Cook and Sasha hit all shots to get us back in the game.
LOL a new duo is born in LA. Vucookic :jam2: :man10:
terrible game though. In the constitution we will go down with a lot of tough games coming up.

our new clutch guy should be Sasha. That dude did it again. Fearless as hell.
MarkMadsen

Postby DJ Qube on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:23 pm

Snaq is shaking in his size 23's after witnessing our offensive firepower and suffocating defense first hand! :fatshaq:
DJ Qube

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:26 pm

it sreallyh starti,ng to bother me that kobe is missing so many jumpshots

he should drive more but i dont know why for some reason his notorious first step that he used for all those baseline dunks/windmills is gone, no longer can he blow by his man....

all he needs to do is make 6 more a game shots a game, im fine with 30 shots if he makes 14+ of them

but im telling you guys , one night this year ( or more) , when he takes 30, 35 shots, like 20 of them will go in and hell get like 15-20 fts and hell score 60-70 points. its bound to happen.

BUT KOBE DONT TAKE 30 shots and get 29 POINTS GOD!! :bang:
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby kwamejoke on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:27 pm

We are lucky tongiht and it's because of shaq.

:man10: :man10:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby bumrusherer on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:27 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:
our new clutch guy should be Sasha. That dude did it again. Fearless as hell.

he always had good form on his shot. It seems he just needed the reps.

Philip really trusts him, which also helps his confidence.
bumrusherer

Postby LakeShow06 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:27 pm

Mihm had a huge game tonight.....i have always said the dude can play

pity he wasn't able to even have one shot attempt in the fourth after being 9/12 through 3 quarters, but hey we won in the end???

Sasha is really turning out to be a nice player, he might still make it
"From Magic to Kobe - I'll always be a Lakers man"
LakeShow06

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:33 pm

horrible,ugly game....but in the end we pulled it out....there is something rong with kobe and i dono wat....i luv him but he needs to work on his game and start dishing a lil more...i heard shaq was at the game lol
LakerFan1235

Postby Apexed on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:47 pm

if you really examine the game closer...kobe has been dishing the ball left and right....its just that he takes so many shot attempts....people tend to forget his passes......nevertheless an a much needed win :jam2:
Apexed

Postby Showtime is Magic on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:52 pm

LakeShow06 wrote:Mihm had a huge game tonight.....i have always said the dude can play

pity he wasn't able to even have one shot attempt in the fourth after being 9/12 through 3 quarters, but hey we won in the end???

Sasha is really turning out to be a nice player, he might still make it

:man10: :man10: :man10: Mihm just had one nice game don't get too excited now. There is 82 games. If he can stay consistant, he will be good. (IF being the key word). As for Sasha, he is a nice player and he CLUTCH especially with that shot clock shot. He just threw it up there and it went in
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:02 am

WHEW!

For those who were at the game, the girl that got the signed Brian Cook hat at halftime - they brought her down on the court during the second quarter - was my sister. Shaq also walked right by her and only she would be blonde enough to NOT notice him.

:man10:

I took her and she was all stoked to be up on the big screen haha.

I'll type some interesting stuff up later - including the mixed reaction towards Shaq - half boo's, half claps.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby bumrusherer on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:08 am

that makes your record 2-3 doesnt it?

make sure you go to the next home game...keep that win streak alive!!!!!!
bumrusherer

Postby magicmoment on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:21 am

that was an extremely close game! if Mihm didnt get that block at the buzzer... *sigh*
Mihm had a great game. i wish he played like that every night! Kobe was kind of making me mad this game. he was throwing up shots when other players were wide open. Sasha did AWESOME tonight too..if u guys saw his interview, he made sense. if the coaches believe and trust him, then he's just gonna keep playing hard. btw i loved his shot to beat the shot clock. nice recognition by Sasha. LO didnt see that shot clock! and Laron Profit was active tonight. i loved his energy today! and Cook did well in the beginning of the game too... everyone played pretty well today. cept for Kobe. he was having a tough time on the court.

a win is a win.......

NOW.... off we go! going for 6 straight road games. i'm hoping we AT LEAST win 3 of those! (i might be dreaming....)
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby KB24 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:27 am

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:it sreallyh starti,ng to bother me that kobe is missing so many jumpshots

he should drive more but i dont know why for some reason his notorious first step that he used for all those baseline dunks/windmills is gone, no longer can he blow by his man....

I just remembered a post of yours about Kobe :mhihi: :man9:

he doesn't make every shot - that would be impossible

but he makes NEARLY all of them.

best shooter in league

i dont know why you dont believe that kobe makes everyshot.

Before games he makes over 30 threes in a row, as stu lantz said last year against houston , " Today kobe made 27 threes a row, normal for his standards."

he shoots from 2 -6 feet behind the line , with shot clock down, with double team, even if he been tired the whole game.

When kobe bryant misses a shot theres always 1 of 3 factors.

1) he was fouled, and it was not called, which if you read "the last season" by Phil he says , "kobe and Jordan are fouled on every single shot they took, all of them"

2) Off balance, which again is because of slight shove or an attempt to draw contact .

3) Bad shot selectoin, kobe sometimes makes shots harder than they need to be , and even great shooter will miss a really hard off balance fadeaway off a spin for example.

But other than these, he makes every shot.

When he practices and shoots 1000 shots he probably makes 950+ of them.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby nameant on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:29 am

i feel bad for the cats. they had this one. they outplayed us for most of the game..just blew it in the end. gotta be frusturating for their team to have a game won and blow it. oh well..we got the W. :man9:
nameant

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:44 am

i was at the game today and the end was pretty exciting. the crowd gave shaq a nice ovation too when they showed him on the jumbotron.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:48 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i was at the game today and the end was pretty exciting. the crowd gave shaq a nice ovation too when they showed him on the jumbotron.

Did you see the girl get the hat during the second quarter - the signed Brian Cook hat - that was my sister, Amanda.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:04 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:i was at the game today and the end was pretty exciting. the crowd gave shaq a nice ovation too when they showed him on the jumbotron.

Did you see the girl get the hat during the second quarter - the signed Brian Cook hat - that was my sister, Amanda.

woah how cool.. i thought theyd give a hat with all the teams signatures though but i guess since it was his bday they let him sign it
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:07 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:

woah how cool.. i thought theyd give a hat with all the teams signatures though but i guess since it was his bday they let him sign it

Yeah... I was like... what's she getting. I'm glad I took her, she had a blast and I was very excited for her!!!
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:21 am

im surpised there was some mixed reactions towards shaq. some boos :man3: ... :jam2: :jam2:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:24 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:im surpised there was some mixed reactions towards shaq. some boos :man3: ... :jam2: :jam2:

from where i was sitting all i heard were cheers and most of the crowd gave him a standing ovation
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:36 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:im surpised there was some mixed reactions towards shaq. some boos :man3: ... :jam2: :jam2:

from where i was sitting all i heard were cheers and most of the crowd gave him a standing ovation

It seemed everyone down low gave him a standing o'.

Everyone up high, was booing. :mhihi:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:40 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:

It seemed everyone down low gave him a standing o'.

Everyone up high, was booing. :mhihi:

oh.. i was sitting pretty close to the court so i didnt notice. :man1: haha. would you happen to know what the royal room is? me and my friend had free admission but couldnt go cause were only 18.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby scottiep1013 on Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:45 am

Anyone else hear the interview Sasha gave on radio after the game?

Mychael Thompson gave props to Sasha for his defense and he responded by "Yes, I know, that's why Phil has been giving me minutes on the floor" or something like that.

Never heard Sasha talk before. Pretty weird.
scottiep1013

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:15 am

it was nice to see the hug sasha and kobe gave each other after the game. does anyone have a pic of that? i wana use it as my avy :mhihi:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday