Sun. 11/21 vs. Bulls - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby lakerfool on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:04 pm

grego wrote:
GuRu wrote:A win is a win. It want pretty but we got it done.

Kobe had a good game. Not great, but good

29, 10, 7

10/22 (45%)

9 TO's

8/17 from the free throw line

Most importantly Kobe had a very good 4th, lead this team to a win. Got to the line instead of forcing poor shots at the end, and trusted teammates setting them up to win.

Stat wise, I'd give that a B- to B grade at most because of those yucky turnovers and his free throw shooting.

HE ALMOST GOT A QUADRUPLE DOUBLE :jam2:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby GuRu on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:06 pm

grego wrote:

29, 10, 7

10/22 (45%)

9 TO's

Most importantly Kobe had a very good 4th, lead this team to a win. Got to the line instead of forcing poor shots at the end, and trusted teammates setting them up to win.

Stat wise, I'd give that a B- to B grade at most because of those yucky turnovers and his free throw shooting.

Well 29, 10, 7 is MVP type numbers.

<50% from the stripe and 9 TO's is garbage

so an A and a E averages out to a C :man12: , thats why i called his game good.

notice my emphasis on how Kobe and the team finished the game. Its the first game weve closed out all season. Although stats are fun, in the end they are just numbers, its all about wins and capitalizing on tough situations. Kobe played best when it mattered most tonight.

:jam2:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby lakerfool on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:09 pm

I hope we can start putting these numbers up against Western Conference contenders...
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:26 pm

KEY STAT

Rebounds:
Lakers: 52
Bulls: 33

We outrebounded a team leading the lead in offensive rebounds per game. Good sign.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:35 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:KEY STAT

Rebounds:
Lakers: 52
Bulls: 33

We outrebounded a team leading the lead in offensive rebounds per game. Good sign.

:jam2: Rebounds was a key of the game.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Crono0801 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:39 pm

I didn't even get to watch the game. I was working :freak2:
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:41 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:
gill wrote:Well, that's the game I guess.

My final thoughts out of all of this: WE NEED BETTER BENCH PLAYERS.

And of course the big difference for tonight: CHRIS MIHM. He carried the team in the 4th when they needed points. As soon as he went in, they started playing well.

Better bench? Vlade JJ George! ONce this guys are back we will be better! I don´t know how good but i know better! MIhm was aforce tonight again! He is pretty inconsistent but he flashes greatness! He is going to be very servicable this season!

Hopefully Mihm's minutes would not suffer when Vlade returns..

i think if anyone's minutes are gonna be hurt, its gonna be grant...the minutes mihm sits wud be the minutes vlade gets...which are the min grant/cook gets...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Crono0801 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:44 pm

did Sasha play tonight or did TO I mean TB play

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:46 pm

Crono0801 wrote:did Sasha play tonight or did TO I mean TB play
Sasha didn't play, Tierre played
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Crono0801 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:48 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Sasha didn't play, Tierre played

yeah thats why Turn over....uh damn there I go again I meant Tierre Brown

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Kasumi on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:00 pm

Just got home from the game, getting my pictures off the camera right now. :jam2: What was up with Kobe's free throw shooting tonight??? Yikes! But that slam dunk by Mihm was incredible. A lot of stupid "fans" tonight, I guess they didn't learn from Detroit. At one point, a guy yelled to Grant, "Hey Brian, nice scrunchie!" and Grant got mad. He started saying stuff be it was so loud we couldn't hear him, Slava had to pull the back of his jersey to get him to sit down and he kept talking, he was really angry. Those stupid guys made a lot of comments about Grant tonight. :disagree:
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:20 pm

No benchwarmer, i mean sasha didn't play. He won't play... only in garbage time should you even ask that question.

Sasha has a better shot playing for Indiana right now, than he does for the Lakers.

Even if and when the Lakers cut Tierre, Sasha STILL won't play...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:28 pm

missmyzte wrote:Just got home from the game, getting my pictures off the camera right now. :jam2: What was up with Kobe's free throw shooting tonight??? Yikes! But that slam dunk by Mihm was incredible. A lot of stupid "fans" tonight, I guess they didn't learn from Detroit. At one point, a guy yelled to Grant, "Hey Brian, nice scrunchie!" and Grant got mad. He started saying stuff be it was so loud we couldn't hear him, Slava had to pull the back of his jersey to get him to sit down and he kept talking, he was really angry. Those stupid guys made a lot of comments about Grant tonight. :disagree:

Yeah, that's kinda rough. I think the home fans should be more supportive of their players including guys that get bashed a lot like Devean George.

But on the other hand, Grant is making Kobe Bryant type money... and you can bet your bottom dollar as soon as his contract comes off the books, the Lakers will be happy. So I guess some of it comes with the territory of making more money than half the squad combined.

Grant isn't getting the minutes I think he deserves, primarily b/c of some of the good play of Cook, but I think against teams in which our interior defense is getting killed... Brian Grant should be our backup PF when Malone comes back. Or maybe they should tinker with putting Odom at the SF and having Butler come in off the bench.

I've seen too many SF's eat us up b/c of Butler's poor defense. Deng tonight, Simmons a couple nights ago...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby grego on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:31 pm

I covered my butt though, teacher. I said statistically. :man10: :man10:

A's = great
B's = good
C's = decent/satisifactory.

:man12:

If it averages out to a C, by the normal grading scale he hits satisfactory. :man13:

GuRu wrote:
grego wrote:

29, 10, 7

10/22 (45%)

9 TO's

Well 29, 10, 7 is MVP type numbers.

<50% from the stripe and 9 TO's is garbage

so an A and a E averages out to a C :man12: , thats why i called his game good.

notice my emphasis on how Kobe and the team finished the game. Its the first game weve closed out all season. Although stats are fun, in the end they are just numbers, its all about wins and capitalizing on tough situations. Kobe played best when it mattered most tonight.

:jam2:
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Supastas on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:37 pm

This was a weird game, they played sloppy and just turned it up to end quarters to take the lead. Chicago insisted on losing this game, and you could see why they haven't won a game. That type of play won't get it done aganist Milwaukee, but I expect them to play better.

Whenever Kobe is ready, this team can go on a winning streak. Everybody is playing well now, but Kobe's jump shot isn't falling and he's turning it over a whole lot. If he gets it going, like we know he can, this team can really take off especially in this stretch of games.
Supastas

Postby koberulz275 on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:21 pm

Hey i didn't even see one second of the game. How did the lakers do?
Let it Be
koberulz275

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday