Sun. 11/20 vs. Bulls - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby EQualizer on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:28 pm

KobeBryant42pointsathalf wrote:HONESTLY LAMAR IS SOOOOOO BAD

I Get so mad , last year i broke a glass cup in my hand cuz of him.

THe guy is just garbage, im not hating its true.

He averages 3 charges per game.

He misses AT LEAST 4 layups a game.

He cant shoot.

All he does is drive.

And when he drives hes not fast enought EVER to beat his man, he just rides his man then passes out , charge, or shot from behind the board.

SO OVERRATED.

and when i hear the word "versatile " to describe him, it makes me sick.

he's not bad, its just frustrating that a guy who can rebound, pass even though he's 6'10'', has absolutely no idea how to score/play with kobe
EQualizer

Postby Altitude on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:30 pm

thisbjgz wrote:think on the positive..no one in the pacific is doing that good besides the clippers..we could easily pick up some slack and win some games..it is only the 10TH game of the season. i warned some of you guys..after some jokes and joy about kwame getting injured, you guys missed him dearly for the dirty work sweetney did on us.

Yeah we got SEATTLE (PROLLY LOSS), NETS (I CAN SEE ANOTHER LOSS), and SPURS (DO I EVEN GOTTA SAY ANYTHING?)

Then in December theres some easy guys so we'll see........... but everyone should forget about the playoffs for the Lakers............
Altitude

Postby lavenderAC on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:36 pm

Kobe has great offensive talent, but when is he going to realize he can't win the games doing one man show? He needs to get his teammates involve, distributing the more and not taking 30+ shots every game. This season so far for the Lakers is all about Kobe, and no one else.
The Kobe right now is exactly like MJ in the 80s, trying to win game by himself. And you think Kobe should know better now consider he is now a 10 years veteran.
lavenderAC

Postby thisbjgz on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:36 pm

lakerz8,

why are you so god damn negative, i suggest you to stop watching laker games then because this is what happens when your REBUILDING, i didnt come in this season having high hopes because the roster obviously is nowhere near perfection. i just hope for the best and i suggest you should start doing so too. there are things you should BELIEVE in
Last edited by thisbjgz on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thisbjgz

Postby cthroatgtr on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:37 pm

he's not bad, its just frustrating that a guy who can rebound, pass even though he's 6'10'', has absolutely no idea how to score/play with kobe

Too bad Caron wasn't a great ballhandler because he was a better fit with Kobe. Too soon to tell, but they need to figure this out. However tonight foul trouble took Lamar out and he never got it going. Maybe a few more games with LO down low.
cthroatgtr

Postby lakaboy42 on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:43 pm

i can't take this anymore
Last edited by lakaboy42 on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out
Shaquille O'neal

In
Lamar Odom
Jordan Farmar
Pau Gasol
lakaboy42

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:44 pm

I'm upset beyond words over this game.

All this game proved was that we need a force down low and Kobe DESPERATELY needs a #2 scoring option to help him carry the load.

It was last year all over again. Kobe' burns himself out throughout the game on offense because no one helps him out.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby shoe on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:46 pm

freeaakkk1!!!

we had this game one and we blew it :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
shoe

Postby okay on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:51 pm

WOW look at NBA.com's boxscore:

LOS ANGELES (Ticker) -- Kobe Bryant was at times unstoppable but rarely was unselfish.

Bryant scored a league season-high 43 points but took seemingly every shot for the Los Angeles Lakers, missing his final four attempts in a disappointing 96-93 loss to the Chicago Bulls, who posted their first road win of the season.

A seven-time All-Star, Bryant made 17-of-34 shots as he hoisted at least 25 for the ninth time in 10 games this season and at least 30 for the fourth time.

Bryant poured in 37 points through the first three quarters but failed to take over down the stretch. Even worse, he left his teammates without the confidence or offensive rhythm necessary to pick up his slack.

Who was the idiot who wrote that? He/She is acting like Kobe had a choice. When your supposed #2 scoring option refuses to take shots and the other players suck, you HAVE to take the shots.

That's like asking a baby to calculate 2+2.
okay

Postby Apexed on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:53 pm

doesn't matter how many points we've been losing by.......lakers just plain suck right now...so disappointed..i'm too lazy now to watch a couple of upcoming games now...my confidence in this team has been drained
Apexed

Postby okay on Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:56 pm

Even though it's irrelevant, it's disappointing that Kobe couldn't even score 50. He had 43 with 7 minutes left. It's like it's not meant for him to ever score 50 again.
okay

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:08 am

okay wrote:Even though it's irrelevant, it's disappointing that Kobe couldn't even score 50. He had 43 with 7 minutes left. It's like it's not meant for him to ever score 50 again.

ya ive been thinking that too, last year few times, esp against raps and utah and some other teams should have got it too

against utah he had 9 threes and 39 points after 3

finished with 9 threes and only 43

idk why
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby Kobe#2 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:10 am

LOL!!! Seriously that was my only hope too. I was hoping so badly that Kobe would get 50, if nothing else. Just as I thought would happen and would happen to any player, Kobe just got tired after 36 minutes of doing EVERYTHING. He was simply burned out after 3 quarters. As well, he was swarmed completely in the fourth. The Bulls realized that if they stop him, they stop the Lakers. The "supporting cast" did not help Kobe, AT ALL. :mad1:

Whoever that dumbsh*t writer was who called Kobe selfish can suck his own **** because he is a fricking moron. What the hell is Kobe supposed to do when his teammates WILL NOT STEP UP. Every single fricken play that Kobe didn't initiate, they missed or had a turnover, EVERY SINGLE ONE!!!!!!!!

Kobe said himself after the game, he doesn't want to take this many shots. Until his teammates do something to help him, this is how it's gonna be for awhile. He HAS NO OTHER CHOICE except to take the shots, otherwise we lose by 30 points.
Kobe#2

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:13 am

I have nothing to say about this game. Kobe choked, the Lakers choked and we lost with 10 chances to win.We led by 8 or something and gave up a 18-6 run at the end to lose.
The conclusion today is we suck. And Kobe though having great stats ONCE again sucked in the 4th. I guess that happens without a second consistent scorer on the floor.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby mulisha on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:18 am

KB8@CL wrote:I have nothing to say about this game. Kobe choked, the Lakers choked and we lost with 10 chances to win.We led by 8 or something and gave up a 18-6 run at the end to lose.
The conclusion today is we suck. And Kobe though having great stats ONCE again sucked in the 4th. I guess that happens without a second consistent scorer on the floor.

This made me think of Stu consistantly saying that someone besides Kobe would have to step up because it's hard to keep it up at the rate Kobe was going. No one did and we lost. On the bright side, there was some improvement on the offense side of the ball.
mulisha

Postby Lakers4Eva on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:22 am

mulisha wrote:This made me think of Stu consistantly saying that someone besides Kobe would have to step up because it's hard to keep it up at the rate Kobe was going. No one did and we lost. On the bright side, there was some improvement on the offense side of the ball.

they cant step up if kobe wont pass them the ball, the only other player that had fga's in double digits was smush parker
"No need to act a fool in public
'Cause when you, ego trip you just lose your luggage"

Phonte (of Little Brother)
Lakers4Eva

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:28 am

I guess Kobe didn't need Shaq before. Right now he doesn't need to trust his teamates either. Shooting 30 more times than Odom? Missing 4.25 as much shot per Odom attempt? Well, its no surpise but I won't be on the snitchy fan club anytime soon.

Thanks a lot Kobe :kobe1:

freakin idiot!
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Lakerfan36 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:28 am

i was at the game. odom needs to attack more. Kobe missed the last second shot again :man6:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby mulisha on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:35 am

Realm of Shadows wrote:I guess Kobe didn't need Shaq before. Right now he doesn't need to trust his teamates either. Shooting 30 more times than Odom? Missing 4.25 as much shot per Odom attempt? Well, its no surpise but I won't be on the snitchy fan club anytime soon.

freakin idiot!

Do you honestly watch the games?
mulisha

Postby Kobe#2 on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:36 am

All you Kobe-bashers are pathetic. Just pathetic. I hope Kobe passes and only takes 15 shots next game jsut to show you ignorant morons how much MORE we will suck if he does that.

Stat of the night:

Kobe 50% shooting

Rest of Team: 36% shooting

What would you do?
Kobe#2

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:38 am

mulisha wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:I guess Kobe didn't need Shaq before. Right now he doesn't need to trust his teamates either. Shooting 30 more times than Odom? Missing 4.25 as much shot per Odom attempt? Well, its no surpise but I won't be on the snitchy fan club anytime soon.

freakin idiot!

I've rarely missed a game for the past 4 years. Yes I watch the games, though I don't know what i'm watching right now. Its damn sure not team play. Go figure though.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby mulisha on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:42 am

Realm of Shadows wrote:
mulisha wrote:

freakin idiot!

I've rarely missed a game for the past 4 years. Yes I watch the games, though I don't know what i'm watching right now. Its damn sure not team play. Go figure though.

The team isn't running hte offense forcing Kobe to take these shots. But calling him an idiot is just downright wrong because he played a great game. That is where my comment came from.
mulisha

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:45 am

mulisha wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:
mulisha wrote:

freakin idiot!

The team isn't running hte offense forcing Kobe to take these shots. But calling him an idiot is just downright wrong because he played a great game. That is where my comment came from.
Relatively new member or relatively new poster? Kobe is shooting 50%, which is good. But when you take so many shots, it means you misse a lot. He missed 17 shots. Smush, 2nd most FG attempts, shot 12. When a guard runs into three players and throws up a prayer that gets him to the line about half the time at best, I wonder what kind of guard that is. Idiot? Thats just my $.02
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby mulisha on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:48 am

Realm of Shadows wrote:
mulisha wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:
mulisha wrote:

freakin idiot!

Relatively new member or relatively new poster? Kobe is shooting 50%, which is good. But when you take so many shots, it means you misse a lot. He missed 17 shots. Smush, 2nd most FG attempts, shot 12. When a guard runs into three players and throws up a prayer that gets him to the line about half the time at best, I wonder what kind of guard that is. Idiot? Thats just my $.02

The thing is, he's forced to take these shots until we start running the triangle effectively. He usually gets the ball with 6-7 seconds left on the shot clock, what is he supposed to do? Passing it would give it to someone with a lot less time and just as much trouble. When we go on our runs it is when we are running the triangle and playing well as a team. When we aren't, it's forcing Kobe to take these shots. That's all I'm saying.
mulisha

Postby Lakers4Eva on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:55 am

mulisha wrote:The thing is, he's forced to take these shots until we start running the triangle effectively. He usually gets the ball with 6-7 seconds left on the shot clock, what is he supposed to do? Passing it would give it to someone with a lot less time and just as much trouble. When we go on our runs it is when we are running the triangle and playing well as a team. When we aren't, it's forcing Kobe to take these shots. That's all I'm saying.

Im tired of people using the shot clock as an excuse, every superstar has the ball in their hands with 6 or 7 seconds left on the shot clock and they dont average 35 shots a game.
"No need to act a fool in public
'Cause when you, ego trip you just lose your luggage"

Phonte (of Little Brother)
Lakers4Eva

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday