Sun. 2/13 @ Cav's - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby MarkMadsen on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:08 pm

the offense and defense looked way better with him back.
MarkMadsen

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:08 pm

jimbo327 wrote:Kobe did his thing today, had some incredible passes. Odom needs to step up. Our PG couldn't hit any open shots...their big men just dominate ours. Our defense disappeared in the 2nd half. That pretty much summed it up.

our big men are too soft....especially since odom is NOT a PF...god this roster is so scattered... we've good players but then most of them dont get the playing time cuz we're stacked at a position that we dont need to be stacked at (SF) which causes our frontline to be thin. MAKE A TRADE MITCH! AND IT BETTER BE A GOOD ONE :bang:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby hoopschick03 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:09 pm

jimbo327 wrote:They are shredding our big men up down low.

Of course they are. You can't play well unless you can play aggressive. And you can't play aggressive if you're getting touch fouls the entire game. Mihm, Grant, and Odom have basically had to play handcuffed with their feet shackled. Couple that with the 2 PGs who couldn't keep my 83 year old grandmother in front of them, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Look how much easier the Cleveland bigs have it with McGinnis and Snow running the point. 2 above average points who can defend. Is it that Traylor and and Ilgauskas are that good?? Nope, they just don't have to worry about every single point in the league breaking their guys' ankles and putting them in a bad position every single time down to have to take a foul. This enables them to be able to play aggressive, get the breaks from the refs, and thus make big plays.
Last edited by hoopschick03 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby 8kobe8 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:09 pm

We need to trade for a big guy badly.
8kobe8

Postby BDG on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:10 pm

UCLAbadfish wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:This is embarassing.

Mihm blows it on defense.

Caron blows an open layup.

What the hell is Frank thinking-- Grant shut down Zy and he plays a softy like Mihm.

I really don't get Mihm. He completely shut down Z at Staples. He always plays like absolute crap on the road. Night and day with this guy.
Agreed. I'm tired of his inconsistencies. We need him to play smart night in and night out. He's way too easily affected mentally when he gets in foul trouble.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:11 pm

6 players in double figures and we still lose :disagree:
Lakerfan36

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:11 pm

yeah i kinda agree w/ hoopschick...there was a possession wen we mised or turned it over or osemthing, it was a break for CLE and mcinnis was running to the corner and atkins just turned his back on his man and stood near the elbow wen there was already a laker in the key....WTF
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:11 pm

Z killed us....

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:13 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
UCLAbadfish wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:This is embarassing.

Mihm blows it on defense.

Caron blows an open layup.

What the hell is Frank thinking-- Grant shut down Zy and he plays a softy like Mihm.

I really don't get Mihm. He completely shut down Z at Staples. He always plays like absolute crap on the road. Night and day with this guy.
Agreed. I'm tired of his inconsistencies. We need him to play smart night in and night out. He's way too easily affected mentally when he gets in foul trouble.

yeah i agree..i was just thinkin bout this a couple nights ago after we lost to hawks or something....trade him...but then i thought we cant trade him, hes our best big man....we just need him to be more consistent....but will that come with experience on the court? WE NEED ANOTHER VALUABLE BIG MAN :bang: we really need to work on the defense...i think that'll help the bigs a lot...*sigh*
Karl11-Caron1

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:14 pm

we should have won i think the offensive rebounding killed us...but atleast the wolves lost so now the lakers keep their playoff spot.

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby 8kobe8 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:14 pm

The fuuny thing is that we need to make a trade. and i dont see Mitch making any trade. and i dont see us making the playoffs. Are we still in the 8th spot after this game?
8kobe8

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:14 pm

I NOTICE LUKE DIDN PLAY IN DA 2ND HALF
PurpleNGold1

Postby Kasumi on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:17 pm

They were giving some love to my boy Cookie. :jam2:
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby hoopschick03 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:17 pm

We need a PG who can play defense. If the Lakers can get that, our bigs are serviceable enough. But continuing to have Chucky and Tierrable is killing the Lakers.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:21 pm

kobesthegreatest8 wrote:we should have won i think the offensive rebounding killed us...but atleast the wolves lost so now the lakers keep their playoff spot.

for now....just wait till april, and if the nuggets will have a spurt :mad1:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:28 pm

Karl11-Caron1 wrote:
kobesthegreatest8 wrote:we should have won i think the offensive rebounding killed us...but atleast the wolves lost so now the lakers keep their playoff spot.

this game should have been won easily, now bspn is gonna go on about how lebron is better then kobe :disagree:
(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<

Postby Real Deal on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:28 pm

Wow...IMO...everyone but Kobe is up for trade. I'm sick of Mihm, sick of Atkins, of Odom, Butler...and I don't have to mention anyone off the bench, because none of them know how to play defense.
Real Deal

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:29 pm

realdealbneal wrote:Wow...IMO...everyone but Kobe is up for trade. I'm sick of Mihm, sick of Atkins, of Odom, Butler...and I don't have to mention anyone off the bench, because none of them know how to play defense.

ever freakin time! god! play basketball! and mihm, come on man play defence dont foul so much

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:30 pm

BSPN headline: Snitchdevil hits Golden Boy in the nose

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:31 pm

kingprince22 wrote:BSPN headline: Snitchdevil hits Golden Boy in the nose

lol... stop giving them ideas :man1:

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:33 pm

(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<- wrote:
Karl11-Caron1 wrote:

this game should have been won easily, now bspn is gonna go on about how lebron is better then kobe :disagree:

i iknow....comparing a 75% kobe to a lebron :bang:

i just looked up the march-april schedule for nugs...its not gonna be easy for them either....but a hell lost easier for them than us...

NUGGETS SCHEDULE:

Mar
Tue 1 Atlanta
Thu 3 Indiana
Sat 5 @ L.A. Clippers
Mon 7 Portland
Sat 12 @ San Antonio
Sun 13 Phoenix

Wed 16 Charlotte
Fri 18 L.A. Clippers
Sun 20 Milwaukee
Tue 22 Washington
Thu 24 L.A. Lakers
Sat 26 Sacramento
Mon 28 @ Phoenix

Wed 30 @ Utah 7:00pm
Apr
Fri 1 San Antonio
Sat 2 @ Portland
Tue 5 @ Memphis
Wed 6 @ New Orleans
Fri 8 @ Minnesota
Sat 9 Seattle

Mon 11 Golden State
Wed 13 New Orleans
Fri 15 Memphis
Sat 16 @ Houston
Mon 18 @ Phoenix

Tue 19 Portland

underlined are the playoffs in the west and the ones that caught my eye in from the east
Karl11-Caron1

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:35 pm

ughh i hope we make a trade! pleeease make a trade

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby Kasumi on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:36 pm

That was cool, Lamar Odom calling Kobe the best player in the world. Nice interview, and nice to see Lamar taking responsibility.

BTW, how many times in this interview will Jeannie Buss refer to Phil Jackson as 'her boyfriend'. I think we know that already ....
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:37 pm

missmyzte wrote:BTW, how many times in this interview will Jeannie Buss refer to Phil Jackson as 'her boyfriend'. I think we know that already ....
Yeah, I'm starting to find that kinda annoying.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby UCLAbadfish on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:37 pm

missmyzte wrote:That was cool, Lamar Odom calling Kobe the best player in the world. Nice interview, and nice to see Lamar taking responsibility.

BTW, how many times in this interview will Jeannie Buss refer to Phil Jackson as 'her boyfriend'. I think we know that already ....

twice?
UCLAbadfish

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday