Sun. 2/13 @ Cav's - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Kasumi on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:47 pm

In the Kobe interview, a reporter asked him how he felt he played today. Kobe turned it around and asked him, "How do you think I did?" lol
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:47 pm

Tied for 2nd worst loss of the year. #1 obviously against the Crappers and this ties with the NJ loss.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby kobe6962 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:48 pm

8kobe8 wrote:The fuuny thing is that we need to make a trade. and i dont see Mitch making any trade. and i dont see us making the playoffs. Are we still in the 8th spot after this game?

Yes Bulls beat the Wolves
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby kobe6962 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:49 pm

Something has to happen. A trade or something we are easily the worse defensive team in basketball thats a shame.. Hopefully in a few weeks something can happen. Because right now we have no identity...
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:01 pm

somehow i'm really pissed at this loss

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:12 pm

kingprince22 wrote:somehow i'm really pissed at this loss

same

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:45 pm

Wow. I listened to the game on radio. Tough loss... but it sounds like we just need some newfound spirit. :man5:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:48 pm

kobesthegreatest8 wrote:

same

becuase its kobe's first game back and you'd expect a win, i feel the same way :man5:
(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:13 pm

(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<- wrote:
kobesthegreatest8 wrote:

same

becuase its kobe's first game back and you'd expect a win, i feel the same way :man5:

yeah.....but we shouldn't be......we should remember that kobe is still not 100% yet and the team is still adjusting to his game....

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:26 pm

kingprince22 wrote:
(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<- wrote:
kobesthegreatest8 wrote:

same

yeah.....but we shouldn't be......we should remember that kobe is still not 100% yet and the team is still adjusting to his game....

yeah, i though the times we did play well looked very good, i loved it, I really did. I hope they play like that all four quater.

Postby shoe on Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:34 pm

ooohh shiz...i didnt even know ther was a game today....!!! lol

kobe came back :man4:
shoe

Postby Guest on Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:19 pm

He absolutely has NO reliable help! Period! we need a #2. He is much smarter than his teamates. hes already 2-3 steps ahead of the other guys anticipating the other teams defensive rotation.

I hated this loss.

im so sick of looking at the pre game match-ups convinced we have the upper hand, all of a sudden. "L". #8 needs help.

Postby d.James on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:39 am

Damn. I wish the Lakers would've won. Now the Pistons have to beat the Bucks tonight.
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
www.facebook.com/loudaboutbasketball
d.James
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby kobe6962 on Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:49 am

EMC wrote:Damn. I wish the Lakers would've won. Now the Pistons have to beat the Bucks tonight.

Is it in Detroit EMC or in Milwaukee?

kobe6962

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:42 pm

wingnut wrote:He absolutely has NO reliable help! Period! we need a #2. He is much smarter than his teamates. hes already 2-3 steps ahead of the other guys anticipating the other teams defensive rotation.

I hated this loss.

im so sick of looking at the pre game match-ups convinced we have the upper hand, all of a sudden. "L". #8 needs help.

yeah, i was almost sure we had this game you know we got kobe back and all... :man5:

Postby leftymo on Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:27 am

Well, I was in PR for this game and couldn't post during it, but let's just say I wasn't happy after this one (i rarely ever am)

But I want to give praise where its due, and criticism where its due. Caron Butler, played fantastic, I rarely look at missed shots as a negative so frankly I don't even care about that. He was exceptional defensively, particularly in the first half, and I'm not talking about his obvious steals. LBJ was quiet, and that was thanks to Caron.

He had a few embarrasing plays but by no means was he a negative in this game, quite a positive!

Odom, eventually turned out a decent game but for long stretches he was more neutral than anything, I mean Drew Gooden started to play ON PAR with Odom. And that's bad... when we name the top PF's, not only does Odom not belong with KG or TD, he's not in the EB, Webb, Dirk category either, he's more around Drew Gooden type player (heck his numbers are only slightly better than Drew's!)

Mihm...absolutely horrific. Travis Knight wouldn't do any worse. I'm amazed that he actually did something after picking up his fifth foul, but he didn't belong on the same court with Z man, and I think these are the guys he'll be facing. It's not how he does against nobody, its how he does against Kaman, or Zman, etc...

Atkins, if there is another guy that deserves to be blamed and singled out besides Mihm, its Atkins, defensively and offensively.

The Lakers defense is the reason they lost this game, another 100 pts allowed, another L. That's like automatic. The few exceptions are just that, exceptions... narrow victories, in some cases not deserved. Now they face Utah, who has owned them this year. Probably another defeat. They'll give up 100 pts, to a team that played the night before, this is becoming rather routine with this squad.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby kobe6962 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:34 am

leftymo wrote:Well, I was in PR for this game and couldn't post during it, but let's just say I wasn't happy after this one (i rarely ever am)

But I want to give praise where its due, and criticism where its due. Caron Butler, played fantastic, I rarely look at missed shots as a negative so frankly I don't even care about that. He was exceptional defensively, particularly in the first half, and I'm not talking about his obvious steals. LBJ was quiet, and that was thanks to Caron.

He had a few embarrasing plays but by no means was he a negative in this game, quite a positive!

Odom, eventually turned out a decent game but for long stretches he was more neutral than anything, I mean Drew Gooden started to play ON PAR with Odom. And that's bad... when we name the top PF's, not only does Odom not belong with KG or TD, he's not in the EB, Webb, Dirk category either, he's more around Drew Gooden type player (heck his numbers are only slightly better than Drew's!)

Mihm...absolutely horrific. Travis Knight wouldn't do any worse. I'm amazed that he actually did something after picking up his fifth foul, but he didn't belong on the same court with Z man, and I think these are the guys he'll be facing. It's not how he does against nobody, its how he does against Kaman, or Zman, etc...

Atkins, if there is another guy that deserves to be blamed and singled out besides Mihm, its Atkins, defensively and offensively.

The Lakers defense is the reason they lost this game, another 100 pts allowed, another L. That's like automatic. The few exceptions are just that, exceptions... narrow victories, in some cases not deserved. Now they face Utah, who has owned them this year. Probably another defeat. They'll give up 100 pts, to a team that played the night before, this is becoming rather routine with this squad.

:bow:

kobe6962

Postby d.James on Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:00 am

kobe6962 wrote:
EMC wrote:Damn. I wish the Lakers would've won. Now the Pistons have to beat the Bucks tonight.

It was in Detroit. The Pistons won easily - 107-83.

6 guys in double-digits including Carlos Arroyo's 16 points, 6 assists, 3 steals, and 2 rebounds.

Darko had a career night, again. The Pistons continue their great February - 101 points per game, 95 assists the last three games, and a 20-point victory margin in their wins.
With expectation comes responsibility. Respect is earned. When opportunity arises, preparation will calm nerves, inspire confidence, and help you to realize the moment. Where there is failure is a blueprint of how to improve. To fail to learn, even with talent, makes you ordinary. To learn from all experiences is to learn to become the best.
d.James

Postby kobe6962 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:50 am

EMC wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:

6 guys in double-digits including Carlos Arroyo's 16 points, 6 assists, 3 steals, and 2 rebounds.

Darko had a career night, again. The Pistons continue their great February - 101 points per game, 95 assists the last three games, and a 20-point victory margin in their wins.

Nice EMC and a great steal in Arroyo Utah is my second team so you guys made like a bandit and ran... You guys will have alot to say in the playoffs

kobe6962

Postby d.James on Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:21 pm

kobe6962 wrote:
EMC wrote:
kobe6962 wrote:

Nice EMC and a great steal in Arroyo Utah is my second team so you guys made like a bandit and ran... You guys will have alot to say in the playoffs

I hope so. They finally seem on track. I want to see the Dos 'Los Bros out there (Carlos Delfino is out with a knee injury). LB has set the timetable for 2 games after the All-Star break, or he won't be in the rotation down the stetch. Rip Hamilton is playing too many minutes (39 a game).
d.James

Postby DJM19 on Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:41 pm

edit
DJM19

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday