Sun. 1/04 @ Clipps - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:41 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
rydjorker121 wrote:200 miles away at LakersTalk islands they're talking about trading Derek Fisher...hmm...just a mere observation, but didn't he blow a layup against Elton Brand?
That "blown" layup was actually missed because Elton Brand got ALL of Fisher's arm on the play. Of course, the refs missed that call.

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:the Lakers played pretty well without Shaq and Malone, even though we lost, it proves that we can hang with tough teams.
Since when are the Clippers a "tough team." I won't deny we played well tonight, but I don't know about the Clippers being that good.

Oh well, it's just 1 of 82 games.

Since Malone, and Shaq are out... The Clippers become a tough team to us. Without Malone and Shaq, they are physically bigger than us inside.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:59 pm

I see what you're saying now. We have NO frontcourt at all defensively. Slava can score, but he's not a very good defender.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:23 pm

Yeah, I mean when we lose our starting foward and center, we're going to be in trouble... But I must say, even though we lost, we played very well without those two (never forget about Fox either) and Kobe looked like he was at 100% tonight... Alot of pros to tonights game believe it or not.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:27 pm

i felt so bad for fish when dev got all up in his face

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:28 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:i felt so bad for fish when dev got all up in his face

He wasn't in Fish's face... he was yelling behind Fisher at the refs. At first I thought he was mad at Fish too, but he was actually yelling at the refs (look at the replay)
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 am

I was glancing at the stats again, and realized Slava got a career high tonight (18 points), now if he could just pick up the defense we would be in good shape.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:07 am

Yeah, same here-- I thought he was mad Fish missed, but he was pissed at the refs for not calling an obvious foul on the play.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby PiEdIe on Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:49 am

it sucks... the nba should make a rule that withing like 30 seconds of the of a game they should check the call it they argue. This might lead to a lot of wining but if gary's shot indeed was goaltended then it should be checked.

It sucks, we can't lose 3 in a row, so kick minnie's aszz.
PiEdIe

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:19 am

PiEdIe wrote:it sucks... the nba should make a rule that withing like 30 seconds of the of a game they should check the call it they argue. This might lead to a lot of wining but if gary's shot indeed was goaltended then it should be checked.

i second that! in the nfl, coaches are allowed to challenge a call, so that should be allowed in the nba also.

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:12 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:
PiEdIe wrote:it sucks... the nba should make a rule that withing like 30 seconds of the of a game they should check the call it they argue. This might lead to a lot of wining but if gary's shot indeed was goaltended then it should be checked.

i second that! in the nfl, coaches are allowed to challenge a call, so that should be allowed in the nba also.

In the last three mins of a game, if teams are within 3 points of each other, every difficult call should be replay checked, the ref's are turning brain dead, and you still have Javie the post child for birth control allowed to ref.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight