Sun. 11/23 vs. Griz's - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby 4Rings on Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:54 pm

Can I reiterate how much I loathe Kareem Rush coming into games? The minute he gets in he has a hand in three consecutive turnovers. :bang: Devean George better get with it and stop acting like Bryon Russell won't take his spot in the starting lineup. It was so good to see Slava out there scoring and grabbing the boards and playing a little D. I do have a bit of a complaint about Shaq, though. Karl Malone is 40 years old and is playing with a sore hamstring and yet Shaq has a strained not sprained calf and he isn't playing. He wasn't even on the bench. I see why Kobe gets annoyed with him sometimes. Now, Shaq doesn't have to play Wednesday against the Wizards and maybe it's best he doesn't because the Wizards are another young athletic team who like to run. But Shaq better slap some ICY HOT on that calf by Friday and get ready because Dumb Boy Duncan and the Spurs are coming to town.
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:28 am

I can't believe I missed a Lakers game. Mah homie from Sac came into town, so we chilled. I saw the box scores and the So-Cal sports report and from what I see Slava had a pretty good game. He played 30 minutes and he had a double double, and only missed one shot outta 8! Man, he's amazing. So to all those who dont have patience for players to develop, well ya'll better recognize. Slava stepped up his game, and I know box scores don't show defence, so how did he do? I see Kareem only took ONE shot, and he missed it, yet he played 12 minutes... Man, he needs to find his touch. I see Fisher had another bad shooting night. But he attempted only one 3 and he missed it. He needs to shoot himself out of it, and I'm glad it didn't come at the team's expence. We won, and I'm happy for that. Shaq didn't play, and this just proves that we can win with or without him, and how we won without Kobe at the start.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:32 pm

LIKE ME AND LG AND SOME OTHER LAKER FANS HAVE BEEN SAYING TO ALL YOU PANICKED LAKER FANS, BE PATIENT!!!!! and look what happened! we had an OFFICIAL 32 point blowout(to a team that we lost to earlier WITH shaq) and medvedenko played like an ALL STAR! i mean imagine what will happen when this team is at FULL strength around dec-jan?!?!>?!

So who was sayin we had a WEAK bench? who was that again? dragan? is that you? yea i believe you said somethin like "what bench?" well i think our bench emphasized our win yesterday, russell 14 pts, slava with a double double, walton makin smart plays(7 points i think), etc etc and funny thing is fisher didnt hafta make any shots yesterday for our bench to do good! Now once fox comes back, that will add MORE firepower to our bench, and notice how kobe payton and malone all played UNDER 33 min last night?
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:50 pm

If we can get 14-15 from Slava every night then this team would be flawless.

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:05 pm

Posto wrote:If we can get 14-15 from Slava every night then this team would be flawless.

dont forget his defense

that needs to be up to par as well

also, we need devean and fish to step it up
shaqpak34

Re: ok...

Postby LakersPride on Mon Nov 24, 2003 5:40 pm

crucifido wrote:So who was it on here that was endlessly wanting to trade everyone and clean out our bench?

Didn't some of us tell you to be patient and wait for the injuries to heal and let the bench fill itself back up? Isn't this team STILL without it's best defender (Rick Fox) and a scoring power forward (Brian Cook)? What happens to the rest of the elague when this team starts rolling in December?

Did you just call Brian Cook our best scoring power forward. Are you an idiot. Whatever happened to Karl Malone, who is averaging 15 ppg. Are you insane. Believe me, Brian Cook wont be contributing for atleast another year or two.

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby BDG on Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:17 pm

No, he just said "a scoring power forward".

The "best" referred to Rick Fox as our "best defender". Still we do have a scoring PF besides Malone (Slava) and Cook won't be a factor in our run this year.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday