Sun. 11/7 vs. Hawks - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:04 pm

GuRu wrote:
dynasty4kobe wrote:Final Check-up

Lakers better top the 100 point mark: ACCOMPLISHED (106 points)
Beat the Hawks by 20+: FAILED (16 points)
Out rebound the Hawks: ACCOMPLISHED (40-31)
Double - double by Lamar Odom: ACCOMPISHED (11 points, 11 rebounds)
At least 25 - 5 - 5 by Kobe: FAILED (24 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists)
Six players should hit double figures: ACCOMPLISHED (Kobe, Caron, Lamar, Chris, Jumaine, Tierre)
They must get over 20 assists: ACCOMPLISHED (21 assists)
And no one on the Hawks should score over 25 points: ACCOMPLISHED (Harrington with 22 points)

6/8 . . . not bad, considering Kobe was only 1 point away from the 25-5-5 game, and Lakers were 4 points away from the 20+ blowout.

In what is sure to be a long and tryong season, a W is a W[/quote]

Hitting 6/8 of those "lofty" goals is more than not bad, its actually very impressive. That's a LOT to ask for from a team undergoing "growing pains". I personally just want to see this team hold opponents under 90. Thus far they are 2-0 when they do, 0-2 when they don't. Last year's supertalented title contender were 11-14 when teams scored over 100 on them.

Those 11 wins, are probably b/c they were very talented and could over come it.

Defense... I'll be happy the quicker this team defends, especially on the road.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:05 pm

Laker Stats

Kobe-24 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 blocks, 11-12 from the line, 6-12 from the field, 44 minutes
Caron-22 points, 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 10-14 from the field, 2-2 from 3's
Mihm-19 points, 10 rebounds, 4 blocks, 2 assists
Tierre-13 points, 5 assists, 5-8 from the field, 21 minutes
Odom-11 points, 11 rebounds (all defensive), 1 assist
JJ-11 points, 5 rebounds, 1 block, 1 assist, 1 steal, 31 minutes
Cook-3 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist
Atkins-2 points, 5 assists, 1 rebound, 1-4 from the field, 27 minutes
Rush-1 point, 1 rebound
Grant-2 rebounds
Luke and Sasha-each with 1 minute of playing time, no stats
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby gill on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:06 pm

leftymo wrote:
GuRu wrote:
dynasty4kobe wrote:Final Check-up

Lakers better top the 100 point mark: ACCOMPLISHED (106 points)
Beat the Hawks by 20+: FAILED (16 points)
Out rebound the Hawks: ACCOMPLISHED (40-31)
Double - double by Lamar Odom: ACCOMPISHED (11 points, 11 rebounds)
At least 25 - 5 - 5 by Kobe: FAILED (24 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists)
Six players should hit double figures: ACCOMPLISHED (Kobe, Caron, Lamar, Chris, Jumaine, Tierre)
They must get over 20 assists: ACCOMPLISHED (21 assists)
And no one on the Hawks should score over 25 points: ACCOMPLISHED (Harrington with 22 points)

6/8 . . . not bad, considering Kobe was only 1 point away from the 25-5-5 game, and Lakers were 4 points away from the 20+ blowout.

In what is sure to be a long and tryong season, a W is a W

Hitting 6/8 of those "lofty" goals is more than not bad, its actually very impressive. That's a LOT to ask for from a team undergoing "growing pains". I personally just want to see this team hold opponents under 90. Thus far they are 2-0 when they do, 0-2 when they don't. Last year's supertalented title contender were 11-14 when teams scored over 100 on them.

Those 11 wins, are probably b/c they were very talented and could over come it.

Defense... I'll be happy the quicker this team defends, especially on the road.[/quote]

Not only defense in general, but defense for four whole quarters. In those 2 wins, they played very sloppy in the 4th after getting a big lead.
gill

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:07 pm

lakerfool wrote:I really hope Mihm could find some consistency...who was guarding him?

Drobnjak and Willis
JSM

Postby BuddyList on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:07 pm

*poof*
vanishing act of shaq fan
BuddyList

Postby c.Lin on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:10 pm

BuddyList wrote:*poof*

He'll be back on the next game day to give us reasons why the Hornets will own us. And here and there in between to tell us how the Heat are going crazy in the east.
c.Lin

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:10 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
lakerfool wrote:I really hope Mihm could find some consistency...who was guarding him?

Drobnjak and Willis

I'm hoping Mihm puts up big numbers on some of the known centers of this league... instead of the stiffs. (but the stiffs are good too!)
leftymo

Postby Propulsion on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:10 pm

Yeah where is Mr. Fan??
Propulsion

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:11 pm

Yeah, i'm positive he'll be back...
leftymo

Postby GuRu on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:12 pm

leftymo wrote:
GuRu wrote:
leftymo wrote:Wow solid game by the Lakers... didn't expect them to dominate the Hawks. I guess they are really really bad.

Probably one of the top teams for that #1 pick... Three blowout losses.

From worldbeaters to egg beaters back to world beaters. Tonight was one of those nights where we see what LA can do when they are playing well. But that consistency thing is going to be an issue pretty much all year.

A good way to end the homestand and kick off what can or will be a brutal road trip.

DEFENSE will bring victories... the turnovers are expected. They may lead the league in turnovers/game just b/c of the youth and their style of play.

well you managed to give the Lakers the very least of props possible while putting a negative spin in and mentioning doubt and impending doom on the raod trip ahead......

sounds about right for you :man12:

The very least props? I guess you expect this?

Lakers beat Hawks...we dominated them!!! NBA CHampionship here we come!!!

YES!! BABY! !!! :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13: :man13:

I can't wait until we play the rest of these teams, b/c they are no match for us! Kobe Odom and Mihm can't be stopped!

There are NO weaknesses on this team, yes!!!!

19 turnovers is STELLAR! Why? B/c its not 25!

:man13:

Objectivity, something severely lacking in many myopic fans. The post was neither positive nor negative. How you perceived it was...

:man10:

Do you see me going off about a win over the hawks? No. I dont think its necessary to try and mock laker fans, i dont think ive seen anyone overexcited about this W, and i dont think anyone thinks we are going to win the NBA championship because of it. Thats just you trying to demean other posters, and its unfounded and unecessary. I think you give the fans on this board a lot less credit than they deserve. A W is a W in my opinion and we need to take care of these lower tier teams, and we did it, mission accomplished. There were some positives and negatives just as ithere is any other game.

And more commentary from you. As expected. Not saying anything for yourself, merely critiquing others.

yep, i never offer my own opinions or analysis. Thats how i got to be a moderator. :man7:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:13 pm

leftymo wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

Drobnjak and Willis

I'm hoping Mihm puts up big numbers on some of the known centers of this league... instead of the stiffs. (but the stiffs are good too!)

I wouldn't call Willis a stiff. He did score 12 on Shaq and the Heat in one quarter.
JSM

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:14 pm

gill wrote:

Not only defense in general, but defense for four whole quarters. In those 2 wins, they played very sloppy in the 4th after getting a big lead.

Yeah, I put that up there with the inexperience of a young team. Remember our older Lakers, they had an uncanny ability to close teams out. San Antonio had a choke year b/c of us, Portland would fizzle, even Sacramento. That takes a lot of time, and frankly, LA will struggle closing out games early on.

It's just a part of a young team. We do have the best closer in the game though. We just don't have the supporting cast experienced enough to get that extra possession, to not take that bad shot, or turn the ball over, or foul someone on a three point attempt, etc...

That will take time.... months or years...
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:18 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
leftymo wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

Drobnjak and Willis

I wouldn't call Willis a stiff. He did score 12 on Shaq and the Heat in one quarter.

If you were to list the top tier centers in the NBA, Kevin Willis would not be on this list.

So Mihm going off on a 43 year old center isn't exactly all-world.

Rasho, Zadrunas, Kandi, Kaman, Shaq, Vlade, Ben, Zo, Yao, Miller, Dampier... these are the guys in which I'm referring.

Right now depending on what team you're a fan of, Mihm could belong in the "stiff" category... He needs to produce against the guys I listed (to really help LA). (obviously not vlade, he plays for us).
leftymo

Postby c.Lin on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:18 pm

Guru has his sarcastic remarks... mainly because of the incessant nonsense that clutters this board. But he has always provided insight, analysis, and basically anything that has to do with this team. This guy has over 8000 quality posts in a fairly short amount of time. You might want to think things through before you run off at the mouth.
c.Lin

Postby GuRu on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:22 pm

bndxclin wrote:Guru has his sarcastic remarks... mainly because of the incessant nonsense that clutters this board. But he has always provided insight, analysis, and basically anything that has to do with this team. This guy has over 8000 quality posts in a fairly short amount of time. You might want to think things through before you run off at the mouth.

thanks for the kind remarks.

Its true, ive grown weary of the constant nonsense that dominates this board lately. I thought it would get better but weve lost a few quality posters and gained a lot of other ones who are incapable of a logical debate. Ill keep plugging on, hopefully someday i can impress leftymo.
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby LukeWalton on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:27 pm

I really liked how they played today
-Butler and Mihm picked up scoring the scoring as well [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] other things
-Odom is continuing to rebound great so is Mihm
-Tierre is showing more of what he did in the preseason
-JJ has been a big suprise hes been good off the bech
-BALL MOVEMENT has been great. Id love thes wide open jumpers.

all in all the Lakers played real good.
LukeWalton

Postby Real Deal on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:36 pm

I just don't understand why we have to assume that the Lakers will have to wait 2 years to make a run for the playoffs.

If any of us Laker fans told ourselves, "Hey, we're going to be a lottery team for two years, and still may not have a chance. Oh no, we play the Hawks tonight...another loss" and mean that...then there'd be no reason to be a fan.

The definition of a fan is someone who bleeds their team colors, will debate all day long about how good his/her team is, and will be the first one watching (and eventually the last one watching) his/her team, pulling away with a win or a devastating loss. A real Laker fan has fifteen favorite players, and will tell you each of their weaknesses and strengths...don't be surprised if those 15 wore the same colors.

I wore my Laker jersey (in fact, a Kobe jersey...another risk) the day after their Game 5 loss to the Pistons, and I went through the mall for a few hours and ended up buying a Malone jersey that same day. No shame, and I didn't hold my head down, because I knew and was absolutely sure that there was another time and another place to win a championship.

Right now, I'll predict a second round or WCF loss this season...but I'll gladly admit that I expect a championship. Disagree...I don't care...because I'm a Laker fan, and that's all I care about.
Last edited by Real Deal on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real Deal

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:37 pm

realdealbneal wrote:I just don't understand why we have to assume that the Lakers will have to wait 2 years to make a run for the playoffs.

If any of us Laker fans told ourselves, "Hey, we're going to be a lottery team for two years, and still may not have a chance. Oh no, we play the Hawks tonight...another loss" and mean that...then there'd be no reason to be a fan.

The definition of a fan is someone who bleeds their team colors, will debate all day long about how good (or how good) his/her team is, and will be the first one watching (and eventually the last one watching) his/her team, pulling away with a win or a devastating loss. A real Laker fan has fifteen favorite players, and will tell you each of their weaknesses and strengths...don't be surprised if those 15 wore the same colors.
:bow: :bow:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby S.R.05 on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:39 pm

leftymo wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
leftymo wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

Drobnjak and Willis

If you were to list the top tier centers in the NBA, Kevin Willis would not be on this list.

So Mihm going off on a 43 year old center isn't exactly all-world.

Rasho, Zadrunas, Kandi, Kaman, Shaq, Vlade, Ben, Zo, Yao, Miller, Dampier... these are the guys in which I'm referring.

Right now depending on what team you're a fan of, Mihm could belong in the "stiff" category... He needs to produce against the guys I listed (to really help LA). (obviously not vlade, he plays for us).

is there anything you DO like about the lakers?
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Crono0801 on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:43 pm

what time did the game end. i was asleep, my friend just woke me up
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby ExPatLkrFan on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:47 pm

GuRu wrote:
yep, i never offer my own opinions or analysis. Thats how i got to be a moderator. :man7:

Cutting and Pasting your way to 5000 posts in 2 months didn't hurt either.
ExPatLkrFan

Postby Real Deal on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:48 pm

What's all the hate on Guru for? :bang:

Some people have no respect.
Real Deal

Postby gill on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:54 pm

I just don't understand lefty's pessimism. Yes I know it's a young team but to say that fans here shouldn't have high hopes now, but maybe in 2 to 3 years is just uncalled for. And I don't understand the necessity to remind us every time that this is a young team in almost all of your posts.

Yes, we acknowledge the fact that this team is young, it'll take some chemistry going, and yes we all know it'll be a while before we become one of the NBA's elite teams again. However, we also understand the fact that we're here for the long haul, even during painful bumps in the road with our team. And most of the people here will support the team no matter what.

But to downplay the true fans' reaction here regarding every loss that we have wherein we could still see the positives (like in the Spurs victory) or for every victory we get that we can bask in (like against the Nuggets or tonight against the Hawks'), that's not pessimism. It's more like an intelligent version of a Shaq Fan post.

Following the team itself will be hard already this season with the bumps on the road. But to put more negative spins in all the positives that we could possibly find in every game, whether it results in a win or loss, I think, does not have a place around here.
gill

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:58 pm

Quotes from Tonight's Game:

Caron- "I was just running the floor. My teammates were finding me," he said. "Obviously they are going to collapse on Kobe and Lamar (Odom) and I am going to get a lot of open looks. I was knocking them down. I think I'm at my best in transition. We got up-and-down -- that's our offense."

"It's sore right now. We'll see what happens," he said. "It should be all right." (talking about his sprained left ankle)
--------------------------------------------------
Kobe- "For him, it's just about getting comfortable and getting into a flow," Bryant said of the 24-year-old Butler. "He has had some injuries here and there so that has kind of broken up his rhythm. But once he gets into his rhythm, he is very capable of having these kind of nights."
Walker- "Kobe's a good player, but he's also got a good supporting cast," Atlanta's Antoine Walker said. "A lot of those guys made shots tonight. We weren't necessarily worried about stopping Kobe. We didn't want the other guys to get off tonight, and a couple of guys did."
Rudy T-"When you're fast-breaking like that, everyone has an equal opportunity," Lakers coach Rudy Tomjanovich said in explaining why his team had six players score in double figures.

"This kid is a developing player, and tonight was a big step in the right direction." (regarding Butler)

ESPN
JSM

Postby Cleansed on Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:05 pm

Why do people respond to such drivle' ? Let them stew in their on pessimism and enjoy the game and its outcome for yourself.

I had a wonderful evening and when i read the final score i was excited..more excited when i saw the box score (very productive). I had to rein myself in tonight because after all it was the Hawks. On the other hand our first win was against the Nuggets ( a better or equal team on paper). Its all about the big picture as we march forward through the season and id much rather have a 2-2 record goig into this road trip than 1-3.

In regard to pessimist or haters the more fuel you provide for their post the more they seem to proliferate.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday