Sun. 12/25 @ Heat - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Altitude on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:50 pm

wasnt it offensive goaltending on haslem at the end? he tipped it 2 times when the ball was still on the rim... isnt that goaltending?
Altitude

Postby jbiggs on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:51 pm

that 3 by payton on the o rebound absolutely killed me/the lakers.

i have a superstition in laker games and especially close laker games that i dont want anyone to say anything random or that isnt about the game. right before gp made that 3 my mom asked if i thought the heat sold egg nog in the concession stands :bang:

and the rest is history
Last edited by jbiggs on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby High IQ on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:51 pm

lakerzg8 wrote:wasnt it offensive goaltending on haslem at the end? he tipped it 2 times when the ball was still on the rim... isnt that goaltending?

shaq payed the refs
High IQ

Postby nameant on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:55 pm

lakerzg8 wrote:wasnt it offensive goaltending on haslem at the end? he tipped it 2 times when the ball was still on the rim... isnt that goaltending?

yes. when they showed the above angle haslem CLEARLY touched the ball. just one of the many calls that HAPPENED to go the heat's way today. especially the 2 OBVIOUS loose ball fouls on shaq(especially the one where he nearly tackled odom). :man10: oh..and let's not forget haslem CLEARLY tripping kobe when they were going for that loose ball. :man10: man..i know people will take it as, laker fans complaining about the refs b/c they lost....but those 4 calls i'm talkin about were so damn obvious.
nameant

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:55 pm

High IQ wrote:

shaq payed the refs

There were so many times when Shaqs arms were around Mihms face for a loose ball and the refs didnt call it. Including Paytons 3. Right before Paytons 3 Shaq fouled Mihm. :mad1:. I almost forgot about Haslem Taking down kobe by diving into his legs on a loose ball. Its amazing how [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] the refs are.
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby High IQ on Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:59 pm

so, where is that ClubShaq banner? :mhihi:
High IQ

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:08 pm

I just remebered the Fans chanting "kobe sucks!" right after he missed his last shot. :mad1:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby hdtvset on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:11 pm

As bad as we played today, we still only lost in the final half minute. I can see Kobe was getting tired in the 3rd. Wade got in foul trouble and didn't play a whole lot of minute, so he could drive in the basket in the 4th.

We still don't have a inside player that can score points. Once Mourning was in the floor, we shoot nothing be jump shots. If we can win tomorrow, we have a great road trip. :jam2:
hdtvset

Postby Ring It Up on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:21 pm

nameant wrote:reasons we lost?

1- refs (couple of big missed calls. +2 obvious loose ball fouls on shaq)
2- our bench was garbage (besides george and kwame's D)
3- failure to make shots (way too many missed open looks)
4- SMUSH (damn, the guy was OWNED by a washed up GP)

The refs were not a reason we lost. How about Smush and Sasha allowing GP and Jwill to do whatever they wanted?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby sister golden hair on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:40 pm

Wow. It's almost embarrassing to come on this board and read how people are so upset over a regular season game that MEANS NO MORE than any other regular season game. Many people bought into the hyp0e and are now distraught that the team lost. What I saw is a game that could have gone either way. Neither team ever had a huge upper hand. The difference is that before the season one team was all but given a spot in the finals, and the other wasn't even given a prayer. I take some positives from this game -- and even though they lost, I saw progress out there. It is simply stupid to feel upset about a game number 26 in an 82 game season.

Perspective, people. On to the next game which, if they win, will result in a very successful road trip.

Perspective.

SGH
sister golden hair

Postby leftymo on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:46 pm

I don't get a chance to catch many games but just wanted to give my take on it.

First I'm disappointed that they lost, but they did a give a valiant effort against a clearly superior team on the road on x-mas. (for the 2nd straight x-mas).

Brian Cook played well and they did a great job with overall team defense.

The few negatives that pop into my mind are that Lamar Odom is not a #2 option and he'll never be. He failed continually in the clutch, and moreso with wide open shots. He's 26 years old and has constantly underachieved. I think he'd be a decent #3 option, but should is the kind of player that was good enough to contend, but lose (like Chris Webber).

The other thing is the youth & inexperience of Smush & Sasha vs. GP, JWill, and Wade. It was the single most reason why the Lakers lost this game. Smush was horrendous. If there was one player I could blame on this loss its easily Smush Parker. He was bad defensively, ineffective offensively, and late in the game made several mistakes that were inexcusable, including the go-ahead basket on the baseline...

Props for the team for playing well, they have overachieved to this point, and have been exceptional on the road. But they are NOT in the class of the Miami Heat.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby KB24 on Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:55 pm

leftymo wrote:I don't get a chance to catch many games but just wanted to give my take on it.

First I'm disappointed that they lost, but they did a give a valiant effort against a clearly superior team on the road on x-mas. (for the 2nd straight x-mas).

Brian Cook played well and they did a great job with overall team defense.

The few negatives that pop into my mind are that Lamar Odom is not a #2 option and he'll never be. He failed continually in the clutch, and moreso with wide open shots. He's 26 years old and has constantly underachieved. I think he'd be a decent #3 option, but should is the kind of player that was good enough to contend, but lose (like Chris Webber).

The other thing is the youth & inexperience of Smush & Sasha vs. GP, JWill, and Wade. It was the single most reason why the Lakers lost this game. Smush was horrendous. If there was one player I could blame on this loss its easily Smush Parker. He was bad defensively, ineffective offensively, and late in the game made several mistakes that were inexcusable, including the go-ahead basket on the baseline...

Props for the team for playing well, they have overachieved to this point, and have been exceptional on the road. But they are NOT in the class of the Miami Heat.

Nice lefty to get a positive post from you,. agree, like I said we challenged them and although we made terrible mistakes we stayed in the game. It was a good game and exciting only with the wrong winner

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakers2001wow!! on Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:20 pm

Kobe should of rested in the 3rd quarter when Fatboy & D.Wade were on the bench....But whatever man,let's move on..

We got The wizards tomorrow and we will win and we'll start another winning streek. :jam2:
Lakers2001wow!!

Postby KB24 on Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:21 pm

Lakers2001wow!! wrote:Kobe should of rested in the 3rd quarter when Fatboy & D.Wade were on the bench....But whatever man,let's move on..

We got The wizards tomorrow and we will win and we'll start another winning streek. :jam2:
:jam2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby dj vitus on Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:02 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
Lakers2001wow!! wrote:Kobe should of rested in the 3rd quarter when Fatboy & D.Wade were on the bench....But whatever man,let's move on..

:jam2:

:jam2: :jam2: on a side note, i thought Haslem should have been called for offensive goaltending near the end when he jumped like 3 times for the rebound.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby JAD on Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:03 pm

amazing, if we had won the game none of this crap would be going down.
Chauncy Quote:

"We've been together so long and in so many tough situations, we never get rattled. Somebody is always coming up big down the stretch." Fickle Laker fans please take note.
JAD

Postby PUT U 2 SHAME on Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:40 pm

mvp wrote:Winning in LA really means nothing to me.

We lost the one that counted, the one that people will remember -- the Christmas Game.

:man6:

If that is true then that is really sad because it shows you are NOT a real laker fan. :disagree:
PUT U 2 SHAME

Postby PUT U 2 SHAME on Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:20 pm

This loss was painful--but not so much so than any other loss this season.

Few observations that i think all contributed to this loss:

1) Smush and Sasha really were horrible today--parker was just a slight better than sasha (who when he first came in immediately gift-wraped a burst of momentum to miami with his absent tranisiton D, D in general and lousy decisions, that was the point in the first half that miami started to build a big lead). Both smush and sasha made jay williams and old gary payton look better than what they really are. Their defense was just horrible and handicapped our team defense overall in general. This was a BIG reason why we lost today.

2) too many 3's, we needed to get into the paint more or closer to it at least. 2nd BIG reason why we lost.

3) Kobe busted his butt in first 3 quarters and desperatley needed a rest. Lakers were up by a couple with a about 3:40 to go in the 3rd quarter and Shaq and Wade were on the bench. Phil should have tried to rest kobe at that point to keep him fresh for the fourth as we were going to need him. (not having Laron profit for normal rotation and given how bench was going i can see phil's hesitation but when the other teams biggest threats are out you should take that chance) Thus the tired legs and missed shots in 4th.

4) poor shooting overall and hesitant to shoot by some when they where open and passing for a contested shot instead.

5) missed foul shots (though i believe we still made more of ours than miami)

6) lack of pick and rolls run with mihm/brown to draw out/put pressure/exploit shaq on D

7)Refs blew 3 calls that resulted in incremental critical point swings, LO elbowed and kicked by shaq on rebound, haslem goaltending, and haslem loose ball foul.

Positives:

1) Miami pre-seaon Finals team/finals winner, lakers pre-season non-playoff team. Not only have lakers been proving critics wrong but this matchup was another needed step in development. It was a good measuring stick for our improvement--and the fact that we not only stayed in the game and actually could have won this game on the road while not excuting/playing as good as we could have, to me speaks volumes about the work our coaching staff has done/is doing and about our progress, confidance and developement as a team.

2) Kwame Brown's defensive presence on Shaq was very solid and encouraging (people are critizing phil for not having him in there in the last few minutes of 4th, but I believe this was more due to the fact that we were really stinking it up offensively and needed scoring thus phil had mihm in there for some 10-15 footers that he could possibly give).

3) there was a small stretch in the 4th where kobe's shot was not following (tired legs) and kobe instead started to try and get teamates invovled instead of trying to force shots.

4) 1-1 on road trip, let's get a win at wizards and we will have a succesfull road trip.
PUT U 2 SHAME

Postby lavenderAC on Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:14 am

well.. I think the Lakers played a really nice game overall. The game was up for grab and could have gone either way.

Some bad officiating both ways though but that last play was NOT a goalten, they showed the cam from top and Haslem never touched the ball. It just circulated around the rim and dropped out. It would have went in if anyone touched it.
lavenderAC

Postby Ring It Up on Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:50 am

lavenderAC wrote:well.. I think the Lakers played a really nice game overall. The game was up for grab and could have gone either way.

Some bad officiating both ways though but that last play was NOT a goalten, they showed the cam from top and Haslem never touched the ball. It just circulated around the rim and dropped out. It would have went in if anyone touched it.

Stop. Are you trying to ruin the ref theory??? What the hell is wrong with you?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 4:09 am

Kobe should made that 3-pointer to tie the game :bang:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:42 pm

We'll see them again. We'll see them again...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby The Nugget on Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:59 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:We'll see them again. We'll see them again...

I think you said that last year in Dec. 25 and then we did... and we lost. Then, you said that again after that loss -- and we lost yesterday. Stop jinxing it, d00d. :man12:
The Nugget

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday