Sun. 11/28 vs. Hornets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:29 pm

please use odom more. he won that matchup.
Guest

 

Postby Janicotine on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:29 pm

Kobe was like 1-5 that period
Janicotine

 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:26 pm

Postby G|B|G|B on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:29 pm

they did it again...
...
User avatar
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator
 
Posts: 5883
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:25 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:29 pm

Just like stu says... no box out responsibilities... they should be crashing the boards...

to help their offense.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:29 pm

leftymo wrote:
leftymo wrote:
Janicotine wrote:wesley only has 4 pts..




he's lucky wesley is shooting poorly, almost all of his shots are wide open!



another wide open jumper missed...


so why complain about it? :freak2:
Image

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
User avatar
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

 
Posts: 5772
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii

Postby shoe on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:29 pm

0 points in 5 minutes
Image
User avatar
shoe

 
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:53 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Postby 8kobe8 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:30 pm

this guys are playing like idiots. cant they defend?
8kobe8

 
Posts: 411
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:38 pm

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:31 pm

The Hornets deserve some major praise...


This isn't about the Lakers, this about an undermanned team clearly inferior, playing on the road and outplaying the Lakers... outhustling them.

Their only win was in Utah...




But one positive from the Lakers here is their defense. At least New Orleans won't have 50+ points.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:31 pm

how old armstrong is ?? he scored 14 already. :mad1:
Guest

 

Postby Kasumi on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:31 pm

Defense leads to offense and the Lakers are not playing any D. We need to box out, cut the offensive boards by the opponent, and we need a solid shot blocker.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
User avatar
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7479
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby shoe on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:31 pm

Finally halftime...couldn't stand watchin first half :bang:
Image
User avatar
shoe

 
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:53 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:32 pm

Our franchise is having a very low level right now! How can NO dominate us at home without their All-stars! I just dont get it! We suck once again! Buss do something :man6:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55531
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:33 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:
leftymo wrote:
leftymo wrote:
Janicotine wrote:wesley only has 4 pts..




he's lucky wesley is shooting poorly, almost all of his shots are wide open!



another wide open jumper missed...


so why complain about it? :freak2:




ha ha ha.... those wide open jumpers are "makes" for superior teams, they are misses with inferior ones.

I guess you are the only one surprised by their 0-6 record when they give up 100 points, and their losses to the spurs, suns, kings, and jazz. If you aren't playing defense, getting lucky by bad players missing open jumpers isn't called playing defense.

A constant or consistent ability to contest shots no matter who is shooting, is what results in wins, against the best and worst. It's ok if you don't understand.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:34 pm

I agree with leftmo. when kobe in bench, lakers lead by 8, when he came out, lakers down by 1. That's kobe's problem. (blocked 2 times and 5 TOs)

I hope lakers play harder in defense in 2nd half.
Guest

 

Postby Kasumi on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:35 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:Our franchise is having a very low level right now! How can NO dominate us at home without their All-stars! I just dont get it! We suck once again! Buss do something :man6:


Rebuilding doesn't happen overnight, and keep in mind we still have a lot of injuries on the team. The pieces are there, maybe just a tweak here and there (get rid of a SF, get Malone back) and the Lakers are a very good team.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
User avatar
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator
 
Posts: 7479
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:25 pm
Location: Seattle

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:36 pm

8kobe8 wrote:this guys are playing like idiots. cant they defend?

We got 118 from Memphis 113 from Utah 106 from SA 122 against Orlando 107 agaist Phoenix and 109 from Sacramento! I hope you know the answer now! WE HAVE THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUEAtlanta is out of the world!
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55531
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:36 pm

shoe wrote:Finally halftime...couldn't stand watchin first half :bang:



Huh? Rush hit a 3 man! He doubled his shooting percentage in this game!!!

I think he's 1-3 in this one, no? 33%...


That's a positive...
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Janicotine on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:37 pm

kobe has been gettin blocked quite often this year.
Janicotine

 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:26 pm

Postby shoe on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:40 pm

leftymo wrote:
shoe wrote:Finally halftime...couldn't stand watchin first half :bang:



Huh? Rush hit a 3 man! He doubled his shooting percentage in this game!!!

I think he's 1-3 in this one, no? 33%...


That's a positive...


Yeah, so happy when he hit the three, but that it..lol
Image
User avatar
shoe

 
Posts: 5884
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:53 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:40 pm

lakers-win wrote:I agree with leftmo. when kobe in bench, lakers lead by 8, when he came out, lakers down by 1. That's kobe's problem. (blocked 2 times and 5 TOs)

I hope lakers play harder in defense in 2nd half.




Well, my intention to bench kobe wasn't b/c i though he wasn't good. And I didn't expect such a dramatic change in performance.

I just thought a message should be sent to the team's leader, that "you aren't ready to play this game and it shows." Take a breather, think about how you can help the team win this game, and you'll be back in quick.


As a result, their sluggish start results in 1 point deficit. Maybe its Kobe or the Lakers flair for the dramatic, but in reality, it just shows you how far away they are from being good.

Which means, while I'm expecting them to sweep their upcoming road trip, they might not. And that home game against Phoenix, a game they HAVE to win, they might not.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Neener on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:40 pm

Kobe needs to wipe the grease off his hands. He keeps turning the ball over too much.
User avatar
Neener

 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Behind you

Postby GuRu on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:40 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:
8kobe8 wrote:this guys are playing like idiots. cant they defend?

We got 118 from Memphis 113 from Utah 106 from SA 122 against Orlando 107 agaist Phoenix and 109 from Sacramento! I hope you know the answer now! WE HAVE THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUEAtlanta is out of the world!


worst defense in the league and a winning record. hmmm..

lakers D is bad, but not the worst in the league by any means
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
User avatar
GuRu
Better Than You
 
Posts: 30127
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:21 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby Janicotine on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:43 pm

Lakers play bad dee against the primier teams. And their starters are always in foul trouble. They also give up way to many off rebs
Janicotine

 
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:26 pm

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:43 pm

GuRu wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:
8kobe8 wrote:this guys are playing like idiots. cant they defend?

We got 118 from Memphis 113 from Utah 106 from SA 122 against Orlando 107 agaist Phoenix and 109 from Sacramento! I hope you know the answer now! WE HAVE THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUEAtlanta is out of the world!


worst defense in the league and a winning record. hmmm..

lakers D is bad, but not the worst in the league by any means




Agree with Guru, they're not the worst defensive team in the league. They "might" be the worst defensive team in the conference.


But don't cling to the "winning record", that could be gone as soon as this game!
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sun Nov 28, 2004 8:44 pm

leftymo wrote:ha ha ha.... those wide open jumpers are "makes" for superior teams, they are misses with inferior ones.

I guess you are the only one surprised by their 0-6 record when they give up 100 points, and their losses to the spurs, suns, kings, and jazz. If you aren't playing defense, getting lucky by bad players missing open jumpers isn't called playing defense.

A constant or consistent ability to contest shots no matter who is shooting, is what results in wins, against the best and worst. It's ok if you don't understand.


so why blame the team's lackadazical D on just one person? it's not kobe's man whoz killin the lakers. if i remember correctly, kobe did shut down one of the best shooters in the league, Redd. hez fully capable of playing good defense.
Image

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
User avatar
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

 
Posts: 5772
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.