Sun. 11/28 vs. Hornets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Kasumi on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:44 pm

Cookie ends with 10 points, keep it going Brian!!!
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:45 pm

missmyzte wrote:Cookie ends with 10 points, keep it going Brian!!!

Cook is cookin.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Diwal on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:45 pm

on the bright side... we kept the hornets to only 76pts.
Diwal

Postby GuRu on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:46 pm

Time for the cliche...

A win is a win...

anyone buying it?
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Neener on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:47 pm

I'm buying it!
Neener

Postby Kasumi on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:47 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

Cook is cookin.

Just remember what I PM'd you ... :man1:
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi

Postby 8kobe8 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:48 pm

terrible game by the lakers. too much turnovers. suprising (bad) game by kobe especially with the turnover. i hope we dont play like this on the road because we might even lose to the bulls. a win is a win. it a good thing we won and sac lost.
8kobe8

Postby G|B|G|B on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:48 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

Cook is cookin.

hes cookin a cookie =P
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby KB24 on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:49 pm

Odom 14/14/4/1/1
Kobe 20/6/7/3/1 with 7-20 and 7TOs :man2:
Chucky always elevated his game in the 4th :jam2: he can really be clutch!
Why is Odom never scoring in the 2nd and 3rd! He always starts very strong but he sucks once the game progresses! He doesn´t even try to score and he doesn´t take shots! Odom avarages something i think around 10 FGA per game and thats not enaugh! I want him to shoot around 15-20 like he did in Miami!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby grego on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:50 pm

Why can't Kobe have less turnovers. Such a nice line for my fantasy bball team. But, the turnovers. Booo........ :man6:
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:56 pm

grego wrote:Why can't Kobe have less turnovers. Such a nice line for my fantasy bball team. But, the turnovers. Booo........ :man6:

I think kobe thinks too much how to win. he needs to believe his teammates more.

Postby GuRu on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:01 pm

lakers-win wrote:
grego wrote:Why can't Kobe have less turnovers. Such a nice line for my fantasy bball team. But, the turnovers. Booo........ :man6:

I think kobe thinks too much how to win. he needs to believe his teammates more.

he believes in his teammates more than ever. have you actually watched a laker game. he passes non-stop
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Kasumi on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:02 pm

Kobe does seem to be thinking too much out there, trying too hard.

Just as a side note, almost as exciting as tonight's Lakers win, is that the Raiders beat the Broncos! I HATE the Broncos and my boss is a huge Raiders fan so it's a bonus both ways. :jam2:
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:04 pm

GuRu wrote:
lakers-win wrote:

he believes in his teammates more than ever. have you actually watched a laker game. he passes non-stop

I wonder why he can't pass the ball more when playing with shaq who 9/9 FG tonight ?? kobe needs grow up. 7/20 tonight still bad. 35% !!!

Postby lakerfool on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:12 pm

DANG! ANOTHER SOLID OUTING FOR COOK :jam2:

AND YES...A WIN IS A WIN...
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby lakerfool on Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:13 pm

So, ya guys still say we shouldn't have signed Eddie Griffin???

Tonight vs. Queens

20 pts 9 REb 5 blocks...woulda came handy the other night, eh? :man1:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby lakerfanimal on Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:07 pm

true, but he does have the luxury of playing with garnett, u cud say that for kobe too i guess. mitch didnt wana gamble, mchale did i guess. But what do u guys think about kobes shooting and turnovers, he's forcing stuff too much, friday night he shot the ball well, but he had that turnover in the end.
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby leftymo on Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:16 pm

The team was driving me insane, but fortunately for me and the lakers I had to leave and pick up my g/f at the airport.

stupid NY... delaying flights...

But I said before the game I'd be happy if they kept New Orleans under 90. And they did exactly that, so I'm happy. Even though I still saw the holes in the defense, and this might be more a case of new orleans not having enough firepower (cough-mashburn,magloire,davis)... but i'll give the credit to the laker defense.

14 points and 14 rebounds... Odom is doing quite well in that regard. I'd like him to be more of a #2 scoring option, in the area of a 17-10 guy, instead of the 14-10 guy that he is. But that's ok...

Cook. Definitely most improved laker. And I love his defense, especially his help defense. And I noticed some improvement in his individual defense, something that he'll need to improve on, but looks promising (unlike Slava). But I like when Cook takes around 7-9 shots. He's had a few "good" games but the box scores reads 5-12. That's why his shooting percentage is surprisingly lower than most of the other lakers.

Overall, they got the win, kept New Orleans under 90, and won by more than 10 points. The journey wasn't fun, the end result was.

Kobe was off his game, I don't think it was anything in particular. Just an off game. I could see that seconds after tip-off, the turnovers and missed shots and his lacksadaisacal defense.

Onto the back to back road trip. Gotta play defense, and gotta win BOTH of these games.

I know my expectations are raising but they have to considering that they've lost every big game and split every back to back game.

The next loss I expect from the Lakers is against the Clippers (away game). But for now, gotta beat Milwaukee... Kobe's "good" defense has to show itself against Redd again!
leftymo

Postby G|B|G|B on Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:37 pm

lakerfool wrote:So, ya guys still say we shouldn't have signed Eddie Griffin???

Tonight vs. Queens

20 pts 9 REb 5 blocks...woulda came handy the other night, eh? :man1:

ya but we should had to cut brown then rite?
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby IonZephyr on Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:47 pm

another win for the lakers. :jam2: this was my first time being at a laker game ever, it was really fun for me. i got to sit on the 7th row too so I was pretty close. first time I saw any of these players for real. hehe. :bow:
IonZephyr

Postby GuRu on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:10 am

lakers-win wrote:
GuRu wrote:
lakers-win wrote:

I wonder why he can't pass the ball more when playing with shaq who 9/9 FG tonight ?? kobe needs grow up. 7/20 tonight still bad. 35% !!!

:man10: :man10:

You have no idea what you are talking about. Where do you get that he didnt pass the ball with Shaq here? BSPN? a Shaq interview?......study the game son
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:43 am

What's up with everyone.

I haven't posted in a while...almost a year, so bare with me.

The Lakers started out slow, but they did what they were suppose to do.
We may be having problems with the elite teams out there, but we are beating the lower class teams in the league...and that's something positive I can take. I'm happy with the win, but again it is the Hornets. We expect to beat this team. Can't wait to see us beat the Minn. and Sac of the NBA, before I can be happy.

Well...I'm back and I'm glad to be back... :jam2:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby TheZen on Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:52 am

Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 wrote:What's up with everyone.

I haven't posted in a while...almost a year, so bare with me.

The Lakers started out slow, but they did what they were suppose to do.
We may be having problems with the elite teams out there, but we are beating the lower class teams in the league...and that's something positive I can take. I'm happy with the win, but again it is the Hornets. We expect to beat this team. Can't wait to see us beat the Minn. and Sac of the NBA, before I can be happy.

Well...I'm back and I'm glad to be back... :jam2:

let me be the first one to say...

welcome back kok! :jam2: :bow:
TheZen

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:28 am

Thanks Zen for the welcome.

I just hope that Vlade can play more in this game, but he still easing his way into the line up. Right now he is still in his training camp mode. It will take time.

The upcoming road trip is a good test for us. The back to back game is going to be hard. I hope that we can take both the Bucks and the Bulls.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Aonex on Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:54 pm

I just hope the team realizes how important it is to win these games against mediocre teams. Can't go around sleep walking like they did last game and give away that ever important W.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday