Sun. 12/7 vs. Jazz - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby ITS JOEY on Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:26 pm

:disagree: 21 point lead in the 2nd quarter..what happened to that?

oh well..i guess a win is a win
ITS JOEY

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:31 pm

Tonight...

Deaven "from heaven" George :jam2:

What a huge shot...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:31 pm

this is such a gay game...we were once leading by 21 and were leading by like 15 at the half, what happened to the defense and the REBOUNDING even? We let a guy called Ben Handlogten get all these rebounds on us and Maurice Williams was their primary force...Slava held Kirilenko to only 4 points but everyone else just shot us out to a real game at the 4th quarter...I thought I'd see more real instincts than that...to win by the Jazz by only 2...Phil must be ticked now....Slava paved the way for our double-scoring punch but all in all, I'm very disappointed. If Karl is such an inspiration to our team to blowout teams and give them killer instinct then we should pay him more money than that.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby mo' betta blue on Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:32 pm

This should have been a blowout when they got the 21 point lead. Lakers' Defense was on the bench in the 3rd and 4th quarters, taking a long break. Not many second chance opportunities on missed shots. There should be a rebounder camping under the basket to cover the Lakers jump shooters.
mo' betta blue

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:35 pm

Hey look at the bright side...the Lakers just gave another bullet to load Phil's gun. Anytime they get lackidasical and complacent, Phil will just shoot away saying how they almost got beat by the Jazz. Its almost a blessing in disguise because we won the game and learned a lesson....you gotta look for the positives, you know.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:45 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Hey look at the bright side...the Lakers just gave another bullet to load Phil's gun. Anytime they get lackidasical and complacent, Phil will just shoot away saying how they almost got beat by the Jazz. Its almost a blessing in disguise because we won the game and learned a lesson....you gotta look for the positives, you know.

haha yea...that will get the Lakers %#$es motivated now....its feel-good time for the Lakers cause they're gonna get some capital punishment by Zen Master Jackson.....I'm tellin' ya'll, Malone is truly the engine that motivates this team and keeps them going for a full-fledged 48 minutes...
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:57 pm

I missed the game but I caught the highlights and I will put that Devean George clip up FOR SURE-- what a HUGE SHOT.

That's a shame they let them back into the game. I think we got bored and started playing lazy. Close one... thank Devean.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby mazter_roshi on Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:20 am

Why can't Shaq just get another damn triple double!!! :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6:
mazter_roshi

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:35 am

What's up with Kobe's shooting in this game.....4 for 17. Come on Kobe, mix in a few drives and lay-ups once in a while.

I guess he will be able to once he gets his legs back.

This game happens once every year. Meaning its strange game. I thought I was at the Twilight Zone for a moment there.

A TRUE SIGN OF A CHAMPION IS WHEN YOU WIN GAMES LIKE THIS.
WINNING WHEN YOU ARE NOT PLAYING YOUR BEST.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby señorita on Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:22 am

THANKYOU DEVEAN!!!!! THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE!!!!!
señorita

Postby Bulls Fan on Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:52 am

look how lucky you laker fans are. COMPLAINING ABOUT A 2 POINT WIN!!!! lol hahaha....

BULLS fan
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Gold Brick on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:59 am

What I saw was the reserves mostly giving away the game in the second half not the starters. Sure there was one or two starters on the floor but the reserves were the ones who got outscored and they are the ones who played with the lead. Phil let them play away most of that lead so it was his decision. I usually complain very loudly when the Lakers dont play a good game, win or loose but,, this one wasnt that bad. All Phil had to do was bring back the starters sooner and it may have not been so close.
Gold Brick

Postby mo' betta blue on Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:30 am

From the last few games, Horace Grant has been playing "soft". I always thought he was a physical power forward. At times, when an opposing player is running for a layup, Horace seemed hesitant to commit a hard foul or any foul for that matter. Is he afraid of fouling out of the game? He only plays for a few minutes. If you want good defense, it's important to have good interior defense and not allow easy layups. It's also important for the Laker players to harass the passer. Do not allow the passer to get comfortable with handling and passing the ball. When you're allowing layups, all the opposing team's perimeter shots will be falling as well.

Slava played well. He was efficient in his field goals, I think he was
6 for 8. He didnt play at all in the 4th quarter. Fisher didnt get enough of open looks and touches. Bryon took a couple of bad shots (airball and badly missed runner).
mo' betta blue

Postby PiEdIe on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:23 pm

a win is a win

pheeew
PiEdIe

Postby whats golden on Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:53 pm

mo' betta blue wrote:Slava played well. He was efficient in his field goals, I think he was 6 for 8. He didnt play at all in the 4th quarter. Fisher didnt get enough of open looks and touches. Bryon took a couple of bad shots (airball and badly missed runner).

I agree, we could have used his offence and his rebounding in the last quarter - what was Phil thinking.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:25 pm

Did anyone catch the postgame interview with George? The interviewer asked George what we should call him, and George replied, "Just call me Robert Horry..."

:man10:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:12 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Did anyone catch the postgame interview with George? The interviewer asked George what we should call him, and George replied, "Just call me Robert Horry..."

:man10:

HAHA YEA I SAW THAT!!! That was hilarious! Tha reporter was like "so ur tha hero of tha lakers tonight how do ya feel?" or somethin like that...and then george goes "haha jus call me rob horry!..." and i was like ahhhhhhhh good one dev! I believe someone called Devean George..Devean "From Heaven" George? I LIKE THAT ONE! Props to whoever said that!
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:33 pm

I was saying that last night, Deaven "From Heaven" George :man1:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:35 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I was saying that last night, Deaven "From Heaven" George :man1:

haha nice LD i like tha nick name! imma call him that from now on!
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:40 pm

I also heard this from another forum...

Deaven from above...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:49 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I also heard this from another forum...

Deaven from above...

i like HEAVEN George better!
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:31 am

LD2K, you should make a wallpaper or something-- on Devean "From Heaven" George. Capitolize on your ideas man!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:27 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:LD2K, you should make a wallpaper or something-- on Devean "From Heaven" George. Capitolize on your ideas man!

I'll definetly put it in future videos hehe... But not wallpaper, I don't do wallpaper. Thats you my main man. :jam2:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Tue Dec 09, 2003 2:28 pm

Hmmm... maybe I'll make one then :jam2:

BDG
Retired Admin

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday