6:30 pm
TV: FSN, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031207/UTALAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031207/UTALAL/boxscore.html

Jazz - 92
Lakers - 94

Lakers' Victory is Deaven Sent
Deaven George hit the decisive three-pointer with 24.9 seconds left as the Lakers won their ninth in a row, 94-92 over Utah on Sunday at STAPLES Center. Shaquille O'Neal scored 19 points, grabbed 15 rebounds and dished out eight assists for Los Angeles, which led by 21 in the third quarter.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:11 pm

BLOWOUT. George will shut down Kirilenko.

Slava will prove he's the MDE (Most Dominant Euro).
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:01 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:BLOWOUT. George will shut down Kirilenko.

Slava will prove he's the MDE (Most Dominant Euro).

:man10:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:24 am

MDE... LMAO... ghetto... Man, is it me of has Slava lost his J in a few games?? I been pumped up about him, but he hasn't been makin the shots he usually makes, but it's all good. He takes good shots, and at least he hustles on D!

Expect GP to have a great game. GP will continue runnin the ball and create great fast break opportunites.. We got this game. It will in fact be a blow out. We'll win by over 15.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby @ on Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:51 am

Lakers 120

Jazz 10 :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
@

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:09 am

Lakers: 120

Jazz: 86

I think Jazz will play hard-nosed play in this one, but we will still win. I think Karl should get the ball more in this game than any other. I think Malone will have a monsterous game: 26pts. 18rebs. 7ast.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:26 pm

Well, Malone has been suspended, and it looks like the game we all have been waiting for Malone v. Jazz for the first time ever will be the game he sits out. :mad1:

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:02 pm

man i'm so freakin' bored.........

Lakers 107
Utah 81
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby G-Slinger on Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:34 pm

That's so weird that by chance the game Malone misses is against Utah. But whatever the Lakers will still win easy in my book.

Lakers-115
Utah- 97
Kobe Bryant is better then Michael Jordan.

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:45 am

RIP J. O'neal
RIP Ducan
RIP Walker

Whos next?
Webber
LD2k

im coming :man9:

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:54 am

HAHAHA! You're back!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:23 am

Yes its true BDG. Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack :jam2:

And my enemies will pay.

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:47 am

I was wonderin what happended to this foo... lol :man10:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:27 pm

This will be an easy game for us, even without the Mailman. We will win because the Jazz are no contest for us, we are playing at home, and a lot of their players are either out with an injury or are playing with an injury.

Jazz injury report:

Clark-out 6-8 weeks, hurt ankle
    Ruffin-abdominal injury
    Stevenson-is playing, but he is trying to recover from the flu, so he'll be weak
    Lopez-is playing, but with a hurt ankle
    Arroyo-he may play, but he didn't play against the Clipps, and also has a hurt ankle
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:05 pm

Payton/Lopez-Lopez's inexperience will play a key in this game, and will result in him not having a good night, and it won't help him any that he has to guard Payton. Now this would have been an interesting matchup if they had Arroyo, but they don't, so Payton will be to have a field day with Lopez. Payton will be able to post up, score, and dish at will. Lopez won't score or do much of anything, and Payton will have good stats; with his share of points (around 15), rebounds (probably 5), and assists (7 or 8). Oh, yeah, by the way Lopez will be playing injured.

Kobe/Stevenson & Bell-This should be an easy matchup for Kobe, especially since Stevenson is trying to recover from the flu, so he will be weak and tired. So, since he won't be able to play major minutes, expect to see Bell play Kobe for about half the night. Neither are great defenders, so Kobe won't have to worry about not being able to score or get to the basket as often as he wants. I think Kobe will take advantage of these matchups and the lack of an inside presence for the Jazz, and he will look to have a big night. I think Kobe will get close to 30 points against these guys, without much resistance.

George/Harpring-George has to defend the 3 point line against Harpring, because if he doesn't Harpring will light us up from downtown. George is a more physical player than Matt, so hopefully George can use this to his advantage, and use that to aggravate Harpring's shot. George will also have to box him out, because Harpring has been getting his share of rebounds this year. I think Harpring will have a better game than George in this one.

Slava/Kirilenko-If Malone was playing, then the matchup would favor us, and Kirilenko would get abused in the paint by Malone; but Malone has to serve his one game suspension. So this is where we will get to see how much Slava has improved and we will find out if Slava can play D, if he doesn't play defense, then Kirilenko will have a big night. We all know Kirilenko is a much better player than Slava, even playing out of position (Kirilenko's natural position is sf). But hopefully Slava will step us his game, and limit Andrei's production. Slava has to have one of his best defensive games of his career, unless Phil wants to use Shaq to give Slava some help in this matchup.

Shaq/Ostertag-I can't help but laugh at this matchup. I keep thinking of Greg getting mad at Shaq and chunking a ball at him, this guy is a joke. Shaq doesn't have to guard Ostertag, but Ostertag sure has to worry about trying to guard Shaq, something he won't be able to do. Shaq will have a fun night, scoring, and rebounding with ease over the much slower #00. Shaq will probably continue to play the way he has in the past couple of games, and have another good game scoring (25+ ) and rebounding(10+). All Ostertag will get is: dunked on, a bad field goal %, fouls, and if he's lucky...a rebound.
Last edited by JSM on Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:15 pm

Laker Gyrl 2003 I may be a foo
But this is you :spam:

hahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BOW DOWN :bow:

Postby Gold Brick on Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:58 pm

Spam, Jello, Butter, Eggs.... who cares.
Shaq will have his way and the other Jazz will have to help out.. when they do it will be Lakers all over them. Kobe for the slash to the basket, Slava for the Jumper, Payton for the tear-drop, George for the back-door and on and on. And thats just offense :man9:
Gold Brick

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:57 pm

When one of tha Big Four goes down, tha other 3 always seem to step up and win big...in tha 3 games that we've played without one of tha big four(Dallas without Kobe, Washington and Memphis without Shaq) we've won by a large margin, and ironically enuff they were at all home...oh wait this is a home game right? oh yea like LD2K said, the lakers will NOT lose a home game this season! I expect GP Kobe Shaq and tha BENCH to step up! WATCH OUT FOR UTAH'S PG'S THO!
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:49 pm

A Gold brick
eat a d@*# :man13:

and bow Down :bow:

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 06, 2003 9:40 pm

KMalone_duncanKilla, quit attacking our members. Flaming isn't tolerated here and this is your last warning.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Bulls Fan on Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:20 pm

Lakers - 104
Jazz - 91

i think Payton will have a huge game.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Gold Brick on Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:15 am

Someone has to step up with assists.... Karl was the second leading assist-man on the roster and second leading rebounder. My thinking is P Jackson has already addressed this and will have his guyz doin the right thing come gametime.
Gold Brick

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:08 am

Karl's gone, now...but this still has to be easy...watch out for Kirilenko though...he'll get his share of steals and blocks but as long as we contain him we'll be in a good state...Matt Harpring needs to be defended also but otherwise Payton would school Raul Lopez and Shaq and Ostertag would have those awesomish battles in the paint...good luck Greg!...Kobe would school DeShawn Stevenson...bench also in favor of the Lakers. Good luck, Slava, play your best defensive and offensive game...show you're worthy of being a sixth man candidate once Karl comes back....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby lakerchris2004 on Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:51 pm

In the daily news Phil said they were still looking at possible lineups tonight. Since Kirelenko is a SF at the PF position how about this.

PG- Payton
SG- Fisher
SF- Kobe
PF- George
C- Shaq

This would allow george to be able to stay with the very active Kirelenko better than Slava would. And I think Kirelenko is the only guy we should be worried about.
"Throw it down son!!!"- Bill Walton
lakerchris2004

Postby Danny Ainge on Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:45 pm

Playing small is always a tough task for any team but with Shaq there to bail everyone out, I'd say they'll be fine.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday